Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Manager 2009
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 159 Guests

Football Manager 2009

This thread currently has 22,662 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
dangtfc1
April 22, 2009, 7:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
[URL=http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivision3.png][IMG]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3641/englishpremierdivision3.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

It may have taken 19 years but we got there! This was actually my 3rd season in the Premiership. I started with Hull (shocking I know), managed them for 5 years, moved on to Spurs where I was for 5 years, went to Rochdale where I spent 2 or 3 season then I took over at Town in 2022 (I think) when they were mid-table League 2.

Read all about it on my football manager forum    [url]http://forum.fm-view.com/index.php?showtopic=6084[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 199
davmariner
April 22, 2009, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from mike the mariner

Yeah I was looking for the specific link to them but thanks anyway mate.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 199
mike the mariner
April 22, 2009, 8:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: -2
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 199
marinersquaddie
April 22, 2009, 9:11pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Quoted from dangtfc1
[URL=http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivision3.png][IMG]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3641/englishpremierdivision3.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

It may have taken 19 years but we got there! This was actually my 3rd season in the Premiership. I started with Hull (shocking I know), managed them for 5 years, moved on to Spurs where I was for 5 years, went to Rochdale where I spent 2 or 3 season then I took over at Town in 2022 (I think) when they were mid-table League 2.

Read all about it on my football manager forum    [url]http://forum.fm-view.com/index.php?showtopic=6084[/url]

Bloody hell....I was bored so just went through all 14 pages of that! Some epic seasons you had there. You ever thought of starting at someone with no money /no sugerdaddy and doing it the proper hard way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 199
dangtfc1
April 22, 2009, 10:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
Quoted from marinersquaddie

Bloody hell....I was bored so just went through all 14 pages of that! Some epic seasons you had there. You ever thought of starting at someone with no money /no sugerdaddy and doing it the proper hard way?

Cheers man, aye it's been an epic journey, some really great seasons and some truly forgettable ones. When I got Hull promoted unbeaten in the Championship I felt a bit dirty to be honest!

I've had a fair few games where I've started with nothing, I did a game where I played one season at a club then moved elsewhere. I started at Mohun Bagan in India and won the league, I thought I'd get at least a League 1 job but was overlooked by everyone. Ended up at Peterhead where I guided them from strugglers to top half/promotion chasers when Chesterfield came knocking and I got them in the upper echelons of League 2  

I just immerse myself in the game it's so ridiculously addictive, on FM2008 I had Darlo in the Champions League!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
April 24, 2009, 1:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Decent players cheap for the lower leages . . . . . anyone know any??
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 165 - 199
Biggles999
April 24, 2009, 1:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Players like Francisco Duran from Liverpool and there are a couple of Tottenham players (one is an attacking left mid) are almost always willing to join on loan.

I also signed Dean Bowditch (Ipswich) and Bartosz Slusarki (WBA) on loan as well. Both got me plenty of goals.

Seyfo Soley (cm or cb) is worth having a look at as well - he is a free transfer.

Fortunately the majority of towns defence is decent. During the first season on it I only tend to improve my midfield and strike force as the town back 5 is good on the game.

I have regularly sold Barnes and Stockdale for 100k after the first season.

Reporter - Is it true you took your wife to see Huddersfield on your honeymoon?

Bill Shankly - Do you think I would marry my wife in the football season? Besides it was Huddersfield Reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 199
immariner
April 24, 2009, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from dangtfc1

Cheers man, aye it's been an epic journey, some really great seasons and some truly forgettable ones. When I got Hull promoted unbeaten in the Championship I felt a bit dirty to be honest!

I've had a fair few games where I've started with nothing, I did a game where I played one season at a club then moved elsewhere. I started at Mohun Bagan in India and won the league, I thought I'd get at least a League 1 job but was overlooked by everyone. Ended up at Peterhead where I guided them from strugglers to top half/promotion chasers when Chesterfield came knocking and I got them in the upper echelons of League 2  

I just immerse myself in the game it's so ridiculously addictive, on FM2008 I had Darlo in the Champions League!

You certainly are dangerously addicted! I'm still playing off 2006. Finished 6th in the prem with Darlo in my third season after promotion and they had the cheek to sack me after 2 defeats in 8 games at the start of the next season because the players had 'lost confidence in my abilities'! Seriously now! Joined Forest in the championship who had only recorded one win in their first 14 games, after 12 more I'm eyeing the playoffs (10 points off with 20 games to go) and have made some very good signings with some more to come in July. Might quit after I've got them promoted which I'm sure I will do by the end of next season, and try a different challenge rather than succomb to expectations again and again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 199
sonofmadeleymariner
April 24, 2009, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Decent players cheap for the lower leages . . . . . anyone know any??

Collison from West HAm is a great loan plus Templeman from one of the lower scottish leagues has score 18 goals for me this season and its only early november

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 199
killingholmemariner
April 25, 2009, 7:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -8
Just wondering what everyones stadiums are like?
im in my 3rd season and i've only managed to get it expanded to 10,033.

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Manager 2009

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.