13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
April 13, 2024, 7:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,367
Gold Stars: 119
So now the that  it's all but over barring Sutton becoming Real Madrid and us reverting to Doncaster mode .

It's been a really bad season but I wouldn't say a disaster , even if one off results sometimes made it feel that way . 10 wins from 43 isn't how I thought it would pan out at all though  . I thought we would have a really good season .

So now we have 4 months to reset, rebuild and hopefully lessons have been learnt in all areas , the same season can't happen again on a loop like it did in the pre Stockwood & Pettit era and I'm confident it won't.

Hopefully Artell get's more right than he get's wrong and he is the man for us .

So now we can look forward to next season and some old new opponents - Bromley , Solihull ,Burton and Chesterfield are all possibilities or already done - local games will be the same barring Doncaster going right through and Mansfield effectively being replaced by Chesterfield . Halifax might make it up which would be interesting .

It should be a much more balanced league 2 in terms of resource with Wrexham,Mansfield and Stockport gone -- adding MK Dons in the play-offs would be a bonus . FGR & Colchester going down  would be ideal that's why I hope we beat them Tuesday .

The season isn't quite over but I'm looking forward to the next one already

We can dream Grimsby Town league 2 champions 24/25 for a few months

I will just be happy if we are not in another mess

UTM

Logged Online
Private Message
It Bites
April 13, 2024, 7:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,238
Gold Stars: 265
It’s hard to see our playing budget improving so we’re going to have to be very shrewd. The Jan window proved we can attract quality players on a tight budget so we must continue in that vain with recruitment. Whether  it was Hursts or the recruitment guys fault we have now shown we can get decent players for this level .
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 127
Limerick Mariner
April 13, 2024, 7:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,706
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from It Bites
It’s hard to see our playing budget improving so we’re going to have to be very shrewd. The Jan window proved we can attract quality players on a tight budget so we must continue in that vain with recruitment. Whether  it was Hursts or the recruitment guys fault we have now shown we can get decent players for this level .

One thing we know for certain - it wasn’t the owners interfering like in 2016. I’m assuming it was all PHs call. It wasn’t all bad, but two big mistakes which we’ve debated enough, and then a series of misjudgements about how certain players would progress (they didn’t - Harry,  Glennon) and how long the legs of others would keep going effectively (they didn’t - Luke and Gav). Eisa largely disappointed other than a few great strikes and we were unlucky with the CV injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 127
louth_in_the_south
April 13, 2024, 7:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 96
Not sounding like I’m lacking ambition but I’d be happy with 12th next season. Safe by beginning of March . Just a stress free season would be lovely.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 127
Limerick Mariner
April 13, 2024, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,706
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Not sounding like I’m lacking ambition but I’d be happy with 12th next season. Safe by beginning of March . Just a stress free season would be lovely.

If we finish 10th DA will tell his grandkids about it…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 127
sonofmadeleymariner
April 13, 2024, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

This is what I said as I left the ground. A nice boring season, none of this getting my hopes up, or making me worry.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 127
TownSNAFU5
April 13, 2024, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,889
Gold Stars: 42
Don’t forget that Notts County in 14th place can still get promoted.  We need then next season and so we can maybe score 5 against them again.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 127
Hagrid
April 13, 2024, 8:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,457
Gold Stars: 536
I’d say its been a disaster, out of the Trophy 1st round, Carabao Cup 1st Round, FA Cup 2nd round after a replay.

2 of the heaviest defeats in club history, and only a 2nd away win of the season coming with 3 games to go

Its been a horror show of a season, and we must, must learn big lessons from this
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 127
It Bites
April 13, 2024, 8:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,238
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Hagrid
I’d say its been a disaster, out of the Trophy 1st round, Carabao Cup 1st Round, FA Cup 2nd round after a replay.

2 of the heaviest defeats in club history, and only a 2nd away win of the season coming with 3 games to go

Its been a horror show of a season, and we must, must learn big lessons from this

When you list it like that you’re right , it’s been absolutely Fentyesk crap
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 127
GollyGTFC
April 13, 2024, 8:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,028
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Hagrid

Spot on. The only comfort from this season is we weren’t relegated. Other than that it’s been a disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 127
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Never in this mess again

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.