13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 16, 2024, 6:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
He was in trouble after the Donny game, no doubt about it, but he had the balls to do something about it. Out of desperation or self preservation? Who cares?

I think he tried to get stuff out of some of our players that wasn’t possible and he had to find a way around it and he has. Given a summer to do what he needs to do is the least he deserves and let’s hope the board back him.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 127
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2024, 6:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Regardless of how David Artell wants to play & who’s in the squad next season the home form must improve, if that happens we’ll have a much better season.

On so many levels this season has been a sobering education for everyone involved one that has no doubt provided some valuable learnings for 1878 as well as the manager.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 127
It Bites
April 16, 2024, 7:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,220
Gold Stars: 266
I think it’s widely excepted that under Fenty we kept making the same mistakes again and again in the EFL ?
However, by the looks of this season and the home performances last season it seems that Fentys biggest fck up was not maintaining the ground properly and leaving it in such a state that no matter how many fans squeeze in the playing budget will be much the same . That’s the legacy fenty has left us with . Be prepared for more bumpy rides for seasons to come .
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 127
MuddyWaters
April 16, 2024, 7:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from It Bites
I think it’s widely excepted that under Fenty we kept making the same mistakes again and again in the EFL ?
However, by the looks of this season and the home performances last season it seems that Fentys biggest fck up was not maintaining the ground properly and leaving it in such a state that no matter how many fans squeeze in the playing budget will be much the same . That’s the legacy fenty has left us with . Be prepared for more bumpy rides for seasons to come .

I was as far from being Fenty’s biggest fan as was possible and a lot of what he did was unforgivable but he at least understood the need for a new stadium. BP isn’t fit for purpose and hasn’t been for a very long time.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 127
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2024, 8:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I was as far from being Fenty’s biggest fan as was possible and a lot of what he did was unforgivable but he at least understood the need for a new stadium. BP isn’t fit for purpose and hasn’t been for a very long time.

I think that’s a fair assessment why would you spend money on decorating your house if it’s falling down?

You wouldn’t but you’d spend money to stop it falling down especially if you where asking people to pay to visit, which is what appears hasn’t happened.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 127
mariner91
April 16, 2024, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,801
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But if you don't have an actual plan that you know for sure is going to come to fruition then you shouldn't just let your current home rot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 127
ginnywings
April 16, 2024, 10:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
All this talk of next season is making me feel uneasy.

We are not mathematically out of the current mess yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 127
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 16, 2024, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,332
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from ginnywings
All this talk of next season is making me feel uneasy.

We are not mathematically out of the current mess yet.

I hear you and I think this is that natural Grimsby pessimism coming through. ALL OF MY MATES have told me that we're safe (and they support clubs like Stockport, Stevenage, Everton...so are neutral re us) and I even texted one of them pointing out that we are 6 points clear with a game in hand, a +10 GD, our game in hand is against a relegation rival and Sutton have to play 2 teams who on paper should beat them.

But the doubt is still there, gnawing like a rat at a skirting board..

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 127
diehardmariner
April 16, 2024, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,741
Gold Stars: 543
Nah, no chance we're still in danger.  

As for next season, genuinely excited to see who Artell (Yes Golly, Artell) brings in.  Without doubt we won't be flash with the budget but with a fair number of what I would presume are higher earners out of contract that's not an horrendous position to be in.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 127
Maringer
April 16, 2024, 11:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,697
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from MuddyWaters

BP isn’t fit for purpose and hasn’t been for a very long time.

I could have sworn I've watched hundreds of football matches at BP over the past 40-odd years. It's got a pitch, stands, seating and a safety certificate, so it is certainly fit for that purpose and will be so for the foreseeable future. The problems will come when we need to replace the Main Stand. Hopefully, the owners have some sort of a plan in this regard. I'd imagine they will be liaising with the safety bods about this.

We can't fit a conference centre in the ground and don't have room for many other facilities, but those are just sidelines for a football club to help keep it going. What won't keep a club going is moving to a new stadium which it can't afford to even build in the first place!

Could we look to build a new training ground with a conference centre attached as part of the development? If it was not far off the A180, it would probably be a better location than having to drive through Grimsby to get to BP? No idea if this would be any more feasible than a new ground, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Never in this mess again

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.