Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Town relegated or stay up?
Relegated
Stay up
  View Results 213 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

This thread currently has 6,666 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 1, 2024, 6:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
At least in the NL we can pretend we are big time Charlie’s again for a couple of years until we come back up

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
Yoda
April 1, 2024, 7:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,191
Gold Stars: 72
We could finish bottom of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 80
chaos33
April 1, 2024, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
I can’t do the NL again. I can’t accept a third relegation out of the league in such a short space of time.  Too much emotion invested in the last two times and clawing our way back only to ruin everything with repeated incompetence. This is why I’m worried, anxious and sad because it’ll be the end of my 40+ year commitment to following Town. I just haven’t got it in me. I’ll have to walk away.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
Yoda
April 1, 2024, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
You and many others.
I can see JS walking away and giving the club to the trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
April 1, 2024, 7:17pm
Guest User
At least in the NL we can pretend we are big time Charlie’s again for a couple of years until we come back up

Looking at many of the teams in the national league I can see us struggling. It’ll be square one again. Another rebuild. Oh and dealing with the inept administration of the National league. Christ I thought this was all behind us.
Reply: 74 - 80
April 1, 2024, 7:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
I can’t do the NL again. I can’t accept a third relegation out of the league in such a short space of time.  Too much emotion invested in the last two times and clawing our way back only to ruin everything with repeated incompetence. This is why I’m worried, anxious and sad because it’ll be the end of my 40+ year commitment to following Town. I just haven’t got it in me. I’ll have to walk away.

This is very sadly close to how I feel too. Football and what it has become in general is making me utterly miserable. I tell myself that at least we’re on a (comparatively) sound financial footing. But frankly, it translates to the square root of fuçk all success-wise and you wonder why anyone bothers playing by the book.

I’ve hated this season.
Reply: 75 - 80
It Bites
April 1, 2024, 7:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from chaos33

I just said the same to my lad . I’m too old and tired to go through that again . Some will say I’m not a true supporter and they could be right but after 43 years supporting and the last 20 years of crap I’m just done . Life is too short now
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 80
Yoda
April 1, 2024, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
We have played by the book but we have spent very poorly.
Plus no good news or future good news makes us look a poor option to sign for.
We should of done what Lincoln did and put all the money into the new training ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
It Bites
April 1, 2024, 7:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 140381

This is very sadly close to how I feel too. Football and what it has become in general is making me utterly miserable. I tell myself that at least we’re on a (comparatively) sound financial footing. But frankly, it translates to the square root of fuçk all success-wise and you wonder why anyone bothers playing by the book.

I’ve hated this season.

I’ve often wondered where we would be now if we’d taken the hit like Bournemouth and Luton
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
Mappers
April 1, 2024, 7:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,392
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from It Bites

I just said the same to my lad . I’m too old and tired to go through that again . Some will say I’m not a true supporter and they could be right but after 43 years supporting and the last 20 years of crap I’m just done . Life is too short now

No I have said it already , I would totally get why people would sack it off - it's bloody energy sapping supporting Town and no doubt there are better/more rewarding things you could  do on a Saturday afternoon .

I just feel fortunate I got to see the 80's and 90's and feel more for the younger fans who didn't even get those times , we were lucky really and although many of us probably didn't recognise it at the time we would never have it so good .

I will keep going but more for seeing mates , a few beers and just out of blind loyalty  - if I had much (any) expectation of on the field I would have stopped going years ago tbh .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.