Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Town relegated or stay up?
Relegated
Stay up
  View Results 213 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

This thread currently has 6,662 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 1, 2024, 5:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,773
Gold Stars: 226
Changed my mind after today's results. Not just our pathetic failure to see off a poor Bradford, but the way FGR, Sutton and Colchester played today, They had 6, 8 and 7 shots on target respectively. Two of them were away from home for christ's sake.

They are all creating more chances than us, and I can't see us keeping ahead of any of them quite frankly, let alone two of them.

I hope I am wrong, but it seems to me that they all have some momentum while we are gradulaly slipping into the abyss.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 80
rancido
April 1, 2024, 5:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,609
Gold Stars: 96
It's still in our hands and while that state remains then we have to have belief.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 80
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Remember where you heard it first, if we go down Gav, Green, Maher & Amos all get offered deals. I’m also convinced 1878 will stick with Artell.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 80
RonMariner
April 1, 2024, 5:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido
It's still in our hands and while that state remains then we have to have belief.

It's the hope that kills you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 80
davmariner
April 1, 2024, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Remember where you heard it first, if we go down Gav, Green, Maher & Amos all get offered deals. I’m also convinced 1878 will stick with Artell.

Can’t see it myself but if that were to materialise then 1878 would quickly become the new John Fenty.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 80
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 5:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from davmariner

Can’t see it myself but if that were to materialise then 1878 would quickly become the new John Fenty.

To be fair I was being sarcastic, one thing I would say is that whoever the manager would be in the NL they’ll need to do a lot of homework as I’d suspect a Head of Recruitment would be a luxury we’d need to consider the worth of.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 80
rancido
April 1, 2024, 5:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,609
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RonMariner

It's the hope that kills you.

If you haven't got hope then what do you have?  Just pure resignation to your fate and acception of defeat.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 80
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2024, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from rancido

If you haven't got hope then what do you have?  Just pure resignation to your fate and acception of defeat.

Given the last 15 years, that’s probably nearer the truth than you’d imagine.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 80
chicaneuk
April 1, 2024, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
With enthusiastic, sensible owners and good managers I really thought we were going to make something of ourselves.. the FA cup run last season I thought was a sign of the times changing for our club but I am starting to think there is some kind of curse at Blundell Park.. not sure if Fenty got a witch doctor to cast a hex on us as he walked out of the chairman's office for the final time but we just seem destined to fail. I simply can't believe how much of a dumpster fire this season has been especially after the misery we endured witn Ian Holloway and the like.

I desperately want us to stay up, I really do.. and about 3-4 games ago I would have said the fight was coming back and we were in with a chance of surviving but now I really just don't know.

My gut feeling is we go down. I desperately hope we do not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 80
RonMariner
April 1, 2024, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
I think there are three words that describe our squad and coaching staff at the moment.

Pat

He

Tic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.