Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Town relegated or stay up?
Relegated
Stay up
  View Results 213 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

This thread currently has 6,661 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 29, 2024, 6:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
I reckon we need about 42 points so 1 win or 3 draws. We have 3 home games against mid-table sides. Think we will be fine. Colchester have some very tricky games.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 80
louth_in_the_south
March 29, 2024, 6:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 96
Colchester game is going to be massive. We need the biggest following of the season down there 💪💪

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 80
RonMariner
March 29, 2024, 6:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,773
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimRob
I reckon we need about 42 points so 1 win or 3 draws. We have 3 home games against mid-table sides. Think we will be fine. Colchester have some very tricky games.

Sutton have a very winnable game on Monday which could take them to 39 points. Having then won four in the bounce i think its extremely optimistic to think they wouldn't get more than 2 more points from their remaining four fixtures.

I think we need 46.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 80
TAGG
March 29, 2024, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
We looked like a relegation team today.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 80
Kris2
March 29, 2024, 6:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Probably off down unless the teams around us manage to be worse. No fight in this lot, just showing up for a pay cheque and want to be anywhere else than on that pitch. Clifton should have gone for some money if he had the chance as his only legacy at Grimsby Town will be being part of 3 relegated teams.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 80
It Bites
March 29, 2024, 6:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,242
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Kris2
Probably off down unless the teams around us manage to be worse. No fight in this lot, just showing up for a pay cheque and want to be anywhere else than on that pitch. Clifton should have gone for some money if he had the chance as his only legacy at Grimsby Town will be being part of 3 relegated teams.

Clifton has been hopeless this season . He’ll be at Clee town in 3 years
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 80
GrimRob
March 29, 2024, 6:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RonMariner

Sutton have a very winnable game on Monday which could take them to 39 points. Having then won four in the bounce i think its extremely optimistic to think they wouldn't get more than 2 more points from their remaining four fixtures.

I think we need 46.

42 is a tad low granted, and far from certain, but there are 3 teams 1 of whom go down, assuming FGR are doomed. I am banking on Colchester not getting many points to give a safety net in case Sutton catch us up. Sutton were 1/10 a few weeks ago!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 80
friskneymariner

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Go down,badly let down by the owners,people swallowed their hype hook line and sinker.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 80
Guest User
Never expected anything today. And it’s a good job. We looked like we were playing a team in the league above.

I’ve voted and my gut feeling is relegated. Luck just isn’t with us. And even if we stay up, I think money will see us down eventually. Fúcking eye-watering the amount of money in this league now. And it sticks in my throat that Colchester escape every year with obscene debts. We try and play the game and it does fúck all good.

Sorry. Gutted today. Not at our result but the ones around us.
Reply: 18 - 80
Teestogreen
March 29, 2024, 6:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
If Town part company with Dave A. - I think we’ll stay up.
Otherwise - let’s hope Sutton and FGR don’t have enough to catch us .

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.