This thread currently has 2,681 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 19, 2024, 8:57am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Yet another deduction for one of the minnows. 4 points instead of Everton's 6, 2 less for good behaviour.

When are the big boys going to be punished though?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 19, 2024, 9:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,691
Gold Stars: 79
Charges are clearly different in respect of Man City and Chelsea but agree the time delay in dealing with these is embarrassing and will, no doubt, at some stage lead to legal action of the professional game which will open a massive can of worms for the administration and management of it.

Anyone who plays locally knows if you play an ineligible player you automatically lose 3 points. Surely the system should have been set at the start, overspend by up to £10m a season, lose 3 points, up to £20m a season, 6 points etc etc. Thus clubs know exactly the risk they take for breaking the rules.

Where it is also unfair, IMO, are that Forest as a newly promoted club believed they had to invest heavily to remain in the Premiership which they did. I think it much fairer that the amount they can overspend by should be the same as existing Prem clubs I.e. £105m thus making it easier for them to compete when initially promoted.

In reality though allowing clubs to overspend income by £35 m per season does not sound like a business model that has a long future, crazy really when an individual Premiership player has a larger financial turnover than a L2 club and probably most L1 sides.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
IlkleyMariner
March 19, 2024, 9:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
In my dreams, both Chelsea and Man City to be relegated 5 leagues, like Glasgow Rangers…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
Maringer
March 19, 2024, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
Don't cry too much for Forest. Their billionaire Greek owner (who also owns the biggest club in Greece and one in Portugal) knew exactly what he was doing. Just thought he could get away with bending the rules, because he's always got away with it in the past with Olympiakos. On numerous occasions, in fact. Billionaires tend to get what they want so it must have caught him by surprise.

The sheer ludicrosity of a sustainability rule that allows clubs to lose £105 million over a three year period shows why the game is becoming a basket case in this country. So much money sloshing around, you can only imagine how much corruption must be taking place in the shadows.

I always find it surprising that in the US, land of (almost) unfettered capitalism, the NFL has got their excrement sorted out to make the competition as fair as possible. It's like the Wild West in comparison here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
Les Brechin
March 19, 2024, 9:43am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
In my dreams, both Chelsea and Man City to be relegated 5 leagues, like Glasgow Rangers…..

Scunny v Man City next season then?  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
pizzzza
March 19, 2024, 9:51am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GrimRob
Yet another deduction for one of the minnows. 4 points instead of Everton's 6, 2 less for good behaviour.

When are the big boys going to be punished though?

In what world are Forest and Everton considered minnows?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
GrimRob
March 19, 2024, 10:02am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pizzzza

In what world are Forest and Everton considered minnows?

Well Forest definitely are. Everton used to be "big" but a long time ago.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 30
ginnywings
March 19, 2024, 10:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,131
Gold Stars: 548
The football governance bill is introduced into parliament today.

Can't help but feel it won't make a lot of difference as the wealthy clubs have been allowed to accrue too much power, but we live in hope.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68602074
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
diehardmariner
March 19, 2024, 11:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Maringer

I always find it surprising that in the US, land of (almost) unfettered capitalism, the NFL has got their excrement sorted out to make the competition as fair as possible. It's like the Wild West in comparison here.

And this is the only way I can see them making the Premier League, indeed the leagues below too, 'fair'.  It has to be a complete cap and equal spend limits.  There's always too many loopholes to exploit and expensive lawyers that will rip apart any moves for punishments, that's the real reason that Man City are yet to be deducted points. They've just got a better legal team than Everton and Forest had.

I almost want to hope, believe and even welcome a deduction for City, Chelsea et al.  But I also really don't care.  The game at that level has completely gone. I can't relate to it anymore. It's like the bloke who's trying to get the Enhanced Games together based on the concept that if everyone is juicing then it's fairer than only having a select few doing it.  I say let City spend however much the way want, let them buy title after title after title.  Let Newcastle spend what they want now they've got the wealth to do so.  Remove all financial fair play 'rules' at that level. I couldn't care less anymore.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
MarinerMal
March 19, 2024, 12:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Maringer

Quoted from diehardmariner

And this is the only way I can see them making the Premier League, indeed the leagues below too, 'fair'.  It has to be a complete cap and equal spend limits.  There's always too many loopholes to exploit and expensive lawyers that will rip apart any moves for punishments, that's the real reason that Man City are yet to be deducted points. They've just got a better legal team than Everton and Forest had.

I almost want to hope, believe and even welcome a deduction for City, Chelsea et al.  But I also really don't care.  The game at that level has completely gone. I can't relate to it anymore. It's like the bloke who's trying to get the Enhanced Games together based on the concept that if everyone is juicing then it's fairer than only having a select few doing it.  I say let City spend however much the way want, let them buy title after title after title.  Let Newcastle spend what they want now they've got the wealth to do so.  Remove all financial fair play 'rules' at that level. I couldn't care less anymore.

It is easier to put such stipulations on a sport when you are the only country in the world that plays that sport professionally. Football is played in just about every country around the world and so putting financial limits is always going to be problematic.

Nobody gets relegated or promoted in the NFL either making it a closed shop. The NFL's competition rules are more about protecting the current franchises than making sport fairer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Forest points deduction

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.