3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 6:09pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mikey_345

I didn’t say universal but to say it was thought to be a bad appointment by the majority is just demonstrably not true.

Is there a way of telling what the fan base think? Online discussion is confined to a few hundred people. The silent majority can be assumed to be broadly supportive but it's not a given.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 25
jamesgtfc
February 18, 2024, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I don't think it's fair to pile in on the Trust and they shouldn't be consulting the fans or issuing statements regarding Artell. Kristine and Dave Roberts were part of the board that approved hiring Artell.

Presumably, the board representatives are privy to a lot more information than we are, but I hope if there is a board meeting tomorrow they take the supporter line that it's time for Artell to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Mikey_345
February 18, 2024, 6:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from GrimRob

Is there a way of telling what the fan base think? Online discussion is confined to a few hundred people. The silent majority can be assumed to be broadly supportive but it's not a given.

I think you get a general idea from everything you see and hear. Can’t remember much criticism either online or from people I’ve spoke to about it.

Certainly if it was a big portion of the fan base it would be obvious, you’d have thought?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Spurn boy
February 18, 2024, 7:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,237
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I don't think it's fair to pile in on the Trust and they shouldn't be consulting the fans or issuing statements regarding Artell. Kristine and Dave Roberts were part of the board that approved hiring Artell.

Presumably, the board representatives are privy to a lot more information than we are, but I hope if there is a board meeting tomorrow they take the supporter line that it's time for Artell to go.

I hope there is a board meeting tomorrow as things have become so serious regarding our current situation and league position that the situation needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
crusty ole pie
February 18, 2024, 8:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from arryarryarry

Did they have a say in the sacking of Hurst and the appointing of Artell?

And will they have a say in whether we sack Artell or not.

Pretty sure JS went on record saying the final decision on the manager would be his, this is not a dig let’s face it since AB2 it’s been mainly poor chooses the likes of lawie George Kerr Alan Buckley only come very occasionally look how long it took Man Utd to find another Matt busby Liverpool to find another shankly dynasty  spurs to find another bill Nicholson it’s simply down to luck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
dapperz fun pub
February 18, 2024, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,931
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Pretty sure JS went on record saying the final decision on the manager would be his, this is not a dig let’s face it since AB2 it’s been mainly poor chooses the likes of lawie George Kerr Alan Buckley only come very occasionally look how long it took Man Utd to find another Matt busby Liverpool to find another shankly dynasty  spurs to find another bill Nicholson it’s simply down to luck

Kin ell mate we’re looking for someone who can finish 90thin the FL or slightly better surely someone is out there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mariners Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.