3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 18, 2024, 3:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Yeah loads of stuff, generally a positive force and have made lots of different changes that benefit fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,926
Gold Stars: 79
I’ve been critical of them under Fenty but it’s not their fault Artell is a charlatan. Nevertheless, I hope that they will be reflecting the views of the fans/their members to the owners.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
dapperz fun pub
February 18, 2024, 4:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
The trust didn’t employ DA
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
marinerjase
February 18, 2024, 4:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,651
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from BraStrap
Does it actually do anything?

I looked on Wikipedia and this is what it says:

In British sports, a supporters' trust is a formal, democratic and not-for-profit organisation of fans who attempt to strengthen the influence of supporters over the running of the club they support.

Ours seems to run bars, raise funds and have lofty goals.

Well..I’ve two responses to that…

1. Yes, they do lots. Not all seen. Tremendous amount of work organising things for kids, within community, helping people. Together with lots of activities/involvement of youngsters on match days to get them ‘into’ the club. Furthermore various assistance in fundraising activities, help with/for past players, and the aforementioned by others board input..I could go on..and on..

2. The trust roles are voluntary. Plenty people give up their own time, and family time to help others. For no gain. They do it because they are supporters of the club, care, and want to help.
They deserve nothing but praise..not knocking because certain fans aren’t getting what they want..I’d suggest rather than taking to a keyboard and whinging - if you want to do better, or even help …then get yourself volunteering, contributing and making a difference. Only a few weeks back there was opportunity to put yourself forward. But I guess you didnt…..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
BraStrap
February 18, 2024, 4:52pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinerjase

Well..I’ve two responses to that…

1. Yes, they do lots. Not all seen. Tremendous amount of work organising things for kids, within community, helping people. Together with lots of activities/involvement of youngsters on match days to get them ‘into’ the club. Furthermore various assistance in fundraising activities, help with/for past players, and the aforementioned by others board input..I could go on..and on..

2. The trust roles are voluntary. Plenty people give up their own time, and family time to help others. For no gain. They do it because they are supporters of the club, care, and want to help.
They deserve nothing but praise..not knocking because certain fans aren’t getting what they want..I’d suggest rather than taking to a keyboard and whinging - if you want to do better, or even help …then get yourself volunteering, contributing and making a difference. Only a few weeks back there was opportunity to put yourself forward. But I guess you didnt…..

Thanks. Not obvious the work that goes on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mikey_345

This assumes it was an obviously poor appointment. It wasn’t at the time and from my recollection a good majority of fans were happy with it.

It’s turned out to be, for whatever reason. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, not available to people having to make decisions like it is people commenting on them months later.

Did a good majority of fans think it was a good appointment?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,926
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure I agree with the view that the majority thought it was a good appointment. There were many (including me) who were very sceptical and as time and games have gone by, that number has only increased.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
pen penfras
February 18, 2024, 5:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'd say this was the least inspired fan reaction to an appointment that I can recall. It was mostly positive, but there were definitely people, myself included, that thought his record at Crewe was poor and his interviews were incoherent and narcissistic.

Even Slade ii was generally well received despite the cloud he left under.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Mikey_345
February 18, 2024, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,382
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from pen penfras

It was mostly positive

So that’s a yes then..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Mikey_345
February 18, 2024, 6:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,382
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from davmariner

Not sure I agree with the view that the majority thought it was a good appointment. There were many (including me) who were very sceptical and as time and games have gone by, that number has only increased.

I didn’t say universal but to say it was thought to be a bad appointment by the majority is just demonstrably not true.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mariners Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.