3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 7:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

Let's hope so but it isn't just a case of getting rid of the manager but a wholesale change in the playing staff as well as a complete overhaul of the way we choose new players.

Not sure I agree with that. Most of the players were greeted positively when we signed them. Go back and look it's all on here. Most of them are on paper good enough and many have played at a similar level. We've had injuries and confidence has been low. Many of them will go on and play at a similar level again and write off this phase of their careers. If they were so terrible why were their signings greeted with such hope? Sometimes players don't gel it happens at every club.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 24
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob

Not sure I agree with that. Most of the players were greeted positively when we signed them. Go back and look it's all on here. Most of them are on paper good enough and many have played at a similar level. We've had injuries and confidence has been low. Many of them will go on and play at a similar level again and write off this phase of their careers. If they were so terrible why were their signings greeted with such hope? Sometimes players don't gel it happens at every club.

That's because some don't know any better. I never comment on new players until I've seen them play.

After a few games many thought Mullarkey was the best right back we have had for years yet now he is one of the worst.

Watching the past few performances I would want most of the current squad got rid of.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 7:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

That's because some don't know any better. I never comment on new players until I've seen them play.

After a few games many thought Mullarkey was the best right back we have had for years yet now he is one of the worst.

Watching the past few performances I would want most of the current squad got rid of.

But how to pay for it? All the best players are going to get snapped up by the other clubs in the division. We have one of the lowest budgets if these sites that publish them are to believed. We also have the geographical issue. Top quality L2 players are just out of our reach. Presumably we've spent the budget on the players we have. All we can hope to do is gamble on young players and sell them on which means we barely have them for any time. I hate to say it but basically we are a yo yo club with our current ground and facilities.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 24
IlkleyMariner
February 18, 2024, 7:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
I’m developing a new approach for my football fix.

1. Divide clubs up into three categories……successful big clubs on tele
2. Big local clubs
3. Non league friendly places

On that basis I am going to support

1. Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Barcelona
2. Leeds United, Middlesbrough
3. Grimsby, Karesborough {nice pies} and Harrogate Railway (grandson under 10 years)

Hopefully I can get some enjoyment out of that at minimal cost.
The pies at Knaresborough are great, and my grandson can only get better.

Call me an old cynic, but I don’t have the time left to waste any days in my life……
……except next Saturday at Morecambe,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
February 18, 2024, 7:38pm
Guest User
Questions must be answered as to why no other funders and investors in the region have elected to invest in gtfc, despite investments in green energy locally.

Other wise Yo Yo is a possibility.
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Yo-Yo club

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.