toontown
February 17, 2024, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GrimRob
Chesterfield are the last of the stronger clubs from when we were in the National League not to make it up. Finishing 2nd or 3rd gives you one less play-off game so I feel that if we did go down a top 3 finish is not beyond us. If we didn't come back quickly though I think we'd just stay non-league for a long time. The gap between League and non-league could well widen next season with the new TV deal, it should make the L2 clubs have more money which could see some of the best NL players leave.

Totally agree with this. What is the new TV deal worth per soeson for league clubs ve before and what is the parachute payment? Last time it was 1m for a league team and I got about half that as a parachute
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
GrimRob
February 17, 2024, 10:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from toontown

Totally agree with this. What is the new TV deal worth per soeson for league clubs ve before and what is the parachute payment? Last time it was 1m for a league team and I got about half that as a parachute

Not sure what the financial details are but it's a big change. If we miss out it will be a real blow, non-league will be left behind, even BT might not bother with it. only plus point is 3pm Saturday kos.

https://www.skysports.com/foot.....0-matches-per-season

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 24
pen penfras
February 18, 2024, 5:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob

Not sure what the financial details are but it's a big change. If we miss out it will be a real blow, non-league will be left behind, even BT might not bother with it. only plus point is 3pm Saturday kos.

https://www.skysports.com/foot.....0-matches-per-season

Unless there's enforced rules, clubs will still spend it all on player salaries. The financial gap will widen, but we'd be competing with NL clubs so should still have a big pull.

I don't want to go down, but at least we win more than we lose down there. I prefer that to what we've had in every L2 season since Slade left the first time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob
Chesterfield are the last of the stronger clubs from when we were in the National League not to make it up. Finishing 2nd or 3rd gives you one less play-off game so I feel that if we did go down a top 3 finish is not beyond us. If we didn't come back quickly though I think we'd just stay non-league for a long time. The gap between League and non-league could well widen next season with the new TV deal, it should make the L2 clubs have more money which could see some of the best NL players leave.

With the current manager and squad I don't think we would be anywhere near a top 3 finish.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 6:00pm

Quoted from arryarryarry

With the current manager and squad I don't think we would be anywhere near a top 3 finish.

There's not a cat in hells chance he'll be here next season. He's already had the vote of confidence. He'll be gone in the next week.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 14 - 24
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,925
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimRob

There's not a cat in hells chance he'll be here next season. He's already had the vote of confidence. He'll be gone in the next week.

God I really hope you’re right. We might actually stay up.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 6:06pm

Quoted from davmariner

God I really hope you’re right. We might actually stay up.

The players are probably as desperate as all of us for him to go. Morecambe home win will be a racing certainty if we're daft enough to give him another game. No way he'll be given FGR.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 16 - 24
buckstown
February 18, 2024, 6:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
I'm 70 and I guess a lot of people my age who've seen Town play in what's now the championship, hold the view that we should be a league one team at worst.
However, the last couple of weeks I'm thinking that maybe we just going to be a crappy league 2 team at best. It's a really depressing thought and I'm struggling to get my head round the reason. We're well supported and surely to goodness we should be able to compete with the likes of Wycombe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
It Bites
February 18, 2024, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,165
Gold Stars: 264
I’ll be honest I’ve felt we had become a yo-yo club for a few years now . It’s looking like PH performed miracles last season and perhaps should of been given January to sort out the mess , (whoever caused it ) . I wasn’t happy with performances under PH and assumed the players had got bored with his approach this season? They perked up a bit when Artell arrived telling the media how much they were enjoying training etc . Then it goes mammaries up again . Someone is responsible for signing these players most of which remind me of every spineless wage stealers we’ve been attracting for 20 years .

In case your wondering I’ve given up trying to offer them my support after that disgraceful excuse for football in that 2nd half
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob

Let's hope so but it isn't just a case of getting rid of the manager but a wholesale change in the playing staff as well as a complete overhaul of the way we choose new players.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Yo-Yo club

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.