Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 31,610 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
March 18, 2024, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
A basic question, for the 2 playoff games shown above Lincoln played in their red/ white stripes kit both games but we played in our blue away kit at their place and obviously our black/white shirts at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 264
Son of Cod
March 18, 2024, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

I would personally be surprised if we would get a play - off place. As mentioned, we are on a great run, but I thought we missed an opportunity against Stevenage who, despite what Steve Evans said, parked the bus and spoiled a game of football. What is remarkable is we are missing our two central midfielders in Hamilton and McGrandles who are both excellent, Now with Erhannon banned we will have a conundrum.

As much as it irks me to say it Steve Evans has done a superb job there. I'm pleased that he does this in interviews though as I feel I'd have to give him more begrudged credit if he just came out and owned what they are, which is arguably the best team in the while EFL and parking the bus and grinding you down into a low scoring defeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 264
Les Brechin
March 18, 2024, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Son of Cod

As much as it irks me to say it Steve Evans has done a superb job there. I'm pleased that he does this in interviews though as I feel I'd have to give him more begrudged credit if he just came out and owned what they are, which is arguably the best team in the while EFL and parking the bus and grinding you down into a low scoring defeat.

They're doing well to feck it all up recently though.  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 264
nealeardleyscrossing
March 19, 2024, 1:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Les Brechin

They're doing well to feck it all up recently though.  

We can live in hope  -  He, as mentioned, clearly he can get a tune out of a certain type of player, but his team are limited but effective. I think they will drop off - As for us, we have 2 key games out of the 7 left, Oxford away and we have Portsmouth at home last game of the season, which potentially could be complete chaos if a lot is riding on the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 264
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 19, 2024, 3:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,274
Gold Stars: 306

We can live in hope  -  He, as mentioned, clearly he can get a tune out of a certain type of player, but his team are limited but effective. I think they will drop off - As for us, we have 2 key games out of the 7 left, Oxford away and we have Portsmouth at home last game of the season, which potentially could be complete chaos if a lot is riding on the game.

Stevenage have a key player injured (top scorer, name escapes me) and their players are knackered. Evans has played a limited number of players this season and apparently it's beginning to show (it's suggested that he doesn't trust the rest of the squad at this level). I am reliably informed that the bubble has burst and a higher mid table finish is on the cards. Most Stevenage fans are just delighted that this season has gone the way it has as most were expecting a battle against relegation.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 264
RonMariner
March 19, 2024, 6:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,691
Gold Stars: 226

Stevenage have a key player injured (top scorer, name escapes me) and their players are knackered. Evans has played a limited number of players this season and apparently it's beginning to show (it's suggested that he doesn't trust the rest of the squad at this level). I am reliably informed that the bubble has burst and a higher mid table finish is on the cards. Most Stevenage fans are just delighted that this season has gone the way it has as most were expecting a battle against relegation.

It doesn’t seem that long ago that they were fighting relegation from L2. I think the season they went up many of us thought they were destined for the NL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 264
Poojah
March 19, 2024, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,537
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from RonMariner

It doesn’t seem that long ago that they were fighting relegation from L2. I think the season they went up many of us thought they were destined for the NL.

It's a fight they technically lost. Having amassed just 22 points from 36 games when the 19/20 season was curtailed by the pandemic, Stevenage were bottom of the table on PPG (the calculation used by the EFL to determine each club's finishing position). They were officially relegated, only to be reprieved as late as the August after the EFL were successful in adding a deducting a further 4 points to Macclesfield's initial 2 point deduction for financial misconduct.

If that wasn't fortunate enough, Macclesfield's deduction still left Stevenage comfortably second from bottom; it just so happened that only one club were to be relegated that season due to Bury's prior expulsion from the league. The jammy bástards - absolutely mental to think they could be playing Championship football next season.

'orrible club.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 264
nealeardleyscrossing
March 20, 2024, 10:23am
Lager Top Drinker

I agree regardless they have had a great season - There are a few clubs who I imagine have exceeded expectations - Leyton Orient being another.

I just think we will eventually miss our midfield 2, and with Portsmouth at home last game of the season, and them potentially being crowned champions we could not have a harder game. I think it will be Oxford or Blackpool, unfortunately.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 264
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 20, 2024, 11:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,274
Gold Stars: 306

I agree regardless they have had a great season - There are a few clubs who I imagine have exceeded expectations - Leyton Orient being another.

I just think we will eventually miss our midfield 2, and with Portsmouth at home last game of the season, and them potentially being crowned champions we could not have a harder game. I think it will be Oxford or Blackpool, unfortunately.

I'm not sure Orient have exceeded expectations. They were the first team we played when we returned to the league last year and I remember leaving the ground thinking 'christ, if that's the standard of League 2 we're in for a long season'.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 264
nealeardleyscrossing
March 22, 2024, 11:06am
Lager Top Drinker

I'm not sure Orient have exceeded expectations. They were the first team we played when we returned to the league last year and I remember leaving the ground thinking 'christ, if that's the standard of League 2 we're in for a long season'.

Mmm, I am not so sure, I think being a fringe play off team was probably beyond what they thought they could achieve - Decent manager though and some decent players. I would have expected the teams at the top to be where they are and probably the teams at the bottom too - I thought Charlton would have been higher, Reading and Wigan have obviously been hampered by points deductions but are both decent teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 264
27 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.