Humbercod
December 5, 2023, 6:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings
It's only conveniently "cancelling" when the left ignore and deride right wing populist morons like Farage.

When the Tories and their mates in the media destroyed Jeremy Corbyn with lies, that was ok with you I presume? Works both ways, yet when left wingers do it, they are woke snowflakes "cancelling" people.

The teacher has every right not to watch a programme containing Nigel Farage if they find him an oily, self aggrandizing yob, as do I. They are not lefty hateful opinions, they are just opinions. They are not woke, or snowflake, or any of the other pathetic terms used by the right wing media whenever their views are challenged.

JF let him visit Blundell Park, and that is fine too, because JF probably thinks he's great, and I have no problem with that.

All sides have a voice in a democracy, but you don't have to agree or listen.

So by your own reckoning are you seriously telling me, that if you had  a young child who came home from school, and mentioned that Corbyn at the height of his fame (no sniggering at the back) was a bad person, you’d be totally fine with that? You wouldn’t think the teacher had crossed the line?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Humbercod
December 5, 2023, 7:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

How has she imposed it on him? How is it hateful? I'm sure you'd be neutral and passive about the show if Jeremy Corbyn was on it.

If the class had asked why she doesn’t watch it (not what happened) she could have just said that she didn’t like one of the contestants. This would still be an unprofessional response in my opinion because it would lead to more questions from the class, again this is a class of 9 year olds, which I doubt that any would know of Farage, but now they will with a biased opinion opposed on them.

For the record I would absolutely love Corbo to be on there in all honesty 🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
ginnywings
December 5, 2023, 9:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Humbercod

So by your own reckoning are you seriously telling me, that if you had  a young child who came home from school, and mentioned that Corbyn at the height of his fame (no sniggering at the back) was a bad person, you’d be totally fine with that? You wouldn’t think the teacher had crossed the line?

I think the point is that if it had have been Corbyn mentioned by the teacher, you wouldn't have been bothered by the "right wing bigotry".

To call a remark by the teacher left wing bigotry is a tad dramatic. Its hardly political indoctrination at play is it?

There is one thing of which I'm certain. Farage wouldn't give a fook as he trousers his 1.5 million. He thrives on publicity and being a hate figure to some.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
chaos33
December 5, 2023, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Why don’t you march in there Humbo and have it out with the teacher?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
MarinerWY
December 5, 2023, 10:27am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from ginnywings

Is it a political opinion to dislike someone who happens to be a politician?

Not necessarily, but I think Farage is enough of a divisive figure that it has high potential to be interpreted as a political statement.

I don't think it's a bad thing to do mind, just knowing how parents/colleagues etc. can react I just personally wouldn't have gone there
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Maringer
December 5, 2023, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,630
Gold Stars: 185
Farage has made a very good living from failing to win UK elections and trousering money from dodgy right-wingers who wanted to get out of the EU to help them evade tax and aren't really bothered about his endless racist dog-whistling. I suppose you could say he's done well to keep himself relevant after Brexit took place, though, like most Brexiteers, he's managing to avoid the fallout of an aftermath which is absolutely nothing like he claimed it would be, simply by refusing to acknowledge reality. I personally wouldn't urine on him if he was on fire. He's an appalling excuse for a human being.

Never watched this Celebrity thing he's on (why would I want to?), but it sounds as though putting Farage on the show has all but finished it off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
diehardmariner
December 5, 2023, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Isn't it a good thing if teachers, or any other members of society, are highlighting that it's not good to watch and give oxygen to horrible racists?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
chaos33
December 5, 2023, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Maringer
Farage has made a very good living from failing to win UK elections and trousering money from dodgy right-wingers who wanted to get out of the EU to help them evade tax and aren't really bothered about his endless racist dog-whistling. I suppose you could say he's done well to keep himself relevant after Brexit took place, though, like most Brexiteers, he's managing to avoid the fallout of an aftermath which is absolutely nothing like he claimed it would be, simply by refusing to acknowledge reality. I personally wouldn't urine on him if he was on fire. He's an appalling excuse for a human being.

Never watched this Celebrity thing he's on (why would I want to?), but it sounds as though putting Farage on the show has all but finished it off.

That is a very good summary of him.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Humbercod
December 5, 2023, 2:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Isn't it a good thing if teachers, or any other members of society, are highlighting that it's not good to watch and give oxygen to horrible racists?

Do you have anything to back your slanderous claim up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
Humbercod
December 5, 2023, 2:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

His popularity with the younger generation is souring plus 1.5m in the bank mission accomplished, expect Farage to come out and join the European political tide of change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Boris Johnson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.