6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 1, 2023, 10:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
No chance of the new owners letting Farage in the building though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Humbercod
December 4, 2023, 7:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings
No chance of the new owners letting Farage in the building though.

What is it with the left and cancellation… serious question?
Why shouldn’t Farage be let in the building?

I asked my kids the other day if they’d been watching I’m a celebrity, and we talked about what’s been happening.
On hearing the name Nigel Farage my 9 year old son immediately chirped in with… ‘my teacher won’t watch I’m a celebrity because Nigel Farage is in it!’

Now as much as I’m a big fan of Farage I’ve never mentioned his name to my kids, so why does his teacher feel it’s right to impose her lefty hateful opinions on a class of 9 year olds! And then I noticed the daily Mirror at the weekend decided to go with headline news in getting Farage out, absolutely pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
Brummie Codfather
December 4, 2023, 8:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 22
The teacher shared their opinion, just as you just did on here.  Freedom of speech doesn’t stop when you disagree with the opinion.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
ginnywings
December 4, 2023, 8:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
It's only conveniently "cancelling" when the left ignore and deride right wing populist morons like Farage.

When the Tories and their mates in the media destroyed Jeremy Corbyn with lies, that was ok with you I presume? Works both ways, yet when left wingers do it, they are woke snowflakes "cancelling" people.

The teacher has every right not to watch a programme containing Nigel Farage if they find him an oily, self aggrandizing yob, as do I. They are not lefty hateful opinions, they are just opinions. They are not woke, or snowflake, or any of the other pathetic terms used by the right wing media whenever their views are challenged.

JF let him visit Blundell Park, and that is fine too, because JF probably thinks he's great, and I have no problem with that.

All sides have a voice in a democracy, but you don't have to agree or listen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
mariner91
December 4, 2023, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,699
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod

I asked my kids the other day if they’d been watching I’m a celebrity, and we talked about what’s been happening.
On hearing the name Nigel Farage my 9 year old son immediately chirped in with… ‘my teacher won’t watch I’m a celebrity because Nigel Farage is in it!’

Now as much as I’m a big fan of Farage I’ve never mentioned his name to my kids, so why does his teacher feel it’s right to impose her lefty hateful opinions on a class of 9 year olds! And then I noticed the daily Mirror at the weekend decided to go with headline news in getting Farage out, absolutely pathetic.

How has she imposed it on him? How is it hateful? I'm sure you'd be neutral and passive about the show if Jeremy Corbyn was on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
chaos33
December 4, 2023, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Humbercod

There you go - freedom of speech for some, and not for others. He’s a big mouth and a big boy - he can say what he wants and we can all judge him accordingly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
MarinerWY
December 4, 2023, 2:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I mean, if I was the teacher, I probably wouldn't even go there with political opinions with a class full of 9 year olds. Aside from anything, you open yourself up to parents marching in and kicking off cos they dislike your opinion and/or feel it's not your place to discuss.

Not sure that it is 'cancelling' though. If someone is on a very successful TV show, they are hardly being 'cancelled' whether Miss Briggs from Poppy Lane School watches it or not.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
chaos33
December 4, 2023, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Farage has, for example, been on Question Time more than any other politician ever. Why we give such oxygen to such bigoted, ignorant, racist opinions I’ll never know, but the BBC is bound to air all views. Farage is easily debated. I find it sad that his grift has resulted in such economic damage to this country due to Brexit, but that bird has flown. He continues to have a high media profile everywhere so any notion that he has been ‘cancelled’ is plainly utterly stupid, so any numpty that wants to claim he’s been ‘no platformed’  just looks silly. As for this lazy notion of the ‘woke left’…..I’m yet to see anyone explain what that is. All they say is that it should be shut down.
Rather like a Brexit benefit, a definition of what is meant by ‘woke’ is still sadly absent. As is any example at all of why anyone would admire Farage. Unless they were similarly ignorant and prejudiced.  I doubt someone as dense and bigoted as Humbercod can manage to explain,  but I’d be happy to read a definition.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
ginnywings
December 4, 2023, 4:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MarinerWY
I mean, if I was the teacher, I probably wouldn't even go there with political opinions with a class full of 9 year olds. Aside from anything, you open yourself up to parents marching in and kicking off cos they dislike your opinion and/or feel it's not your place to discuss.

Not sure that it is 'cancelling' though. If someone is on a very successful TV show, they are hardly being 'cancelled' whether Miss Briggs from Poppy Lane School watches it or not.

Is it a political opinion to dislike someone who happens to be a politician? I personally have never watched the show and never would, but if I did, I would probably find most of the contestants odious and grasping, not to mention the two boring mammaries who host the show. I mean, you've got to be pretty desperate for fame and money to put yourself through that show haven't you? I understand that he's getting the most money anyone has ever received for doing the show, and hasn't been backward in mentioning it.

I suspect a lot of people would dislike Farage whatever his profession was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Humbercod
December 5, 2023, 6:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Brummie Codfather
The teacher shared their opinion, just as you just did on here.  Freedom of speech doesn’t stop when you disagree with the opinion.

You’re missing the point! The teacher is there to teach not share their left wing bigotry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Boris Johnson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.