7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
May 27, 2023, 9:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 266
If I'm honest I don't think he's any where near lg1 standard.i think he'll end up at either Wrexham or Notts and not on loan either
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
HertsGTFC
May 27, 2023, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from It Bites
If I'm honest I don't think he's any where near lg1 standard.i think he'll end up at either Wrexham or Notts and not on loan either

So if we’d have got promoted and Luton sent him back for next season would you have said no then?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
cmackenzie4
May 27, 2023, 10:02am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from golfer
The chap who was in the queue outside Wybers fish shop told me that his sister ( the sister of the man in the queue )said that her sister was talking to a man in a queue outside a fish shop ( not Wybers ) who asked for fish and chips twice and a fishcake with scraps on the fishcake but not on the chips as they were for a neighbour who was on a diet. Any way to get to the point this neighbour who was on a diet goes to that new gym on the seafront and gets talking to one of the fellow customers who had just bought a pair of shoes from Pavers. She said that she had tried to return them as they were giving her blister but Pavers were reluctant as she had trodden in some goose excrement when she went for a walk round the boating lake. - told me that he wouldn't be loaned to Town.

Now that made me laugh, you’ve got a good sense of humour Golfer 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
It Bites
May 27, 2023, 10:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So if we’d have got promoted and Luton sent him back for next season would you have said no then?

Based on what I saw last season? Absolutely yes
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
Heisenberg
May 27, 2023, 10:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from It Bites

Based on what I saw last season? Absolutely yes

I’d sign him in a heartbeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
Maringer
May 27, 2023, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,672
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from smokey111

Yeah, this exactly. His application will need to be 24/7. Closing down a full back with a flying block does not equal complete professionalism.

Yep. Flying around into challenges in the first half is all well and good if you're winning games early doors, but doesn't do a lot to help the team if you're pulling up with cramp not much after the hour mark when the team is chasing a game.

He got by through innate ability during our promotion season but didn't get the fitness or consistency right last season after he'd recovered from his early surgery.

I expected him to do much better for us last season and it's make or break for him next season. If he starts making the right choices both on and off the pitch, he could have a good career as a Championship/League One player.

I reckon it will be a loan to a L1 club - Stevenage, would be my guess.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 27, 2023, 11:26am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from golfer
The chap who was in the queue outside Wybers fish shop told me that his sister ( the sister of the man in the queue )said that her sister was talking to a man in a queue outside a fish shop ( not Wybers ) who asked for fish and chips twice and a fishcake with scraps on the fishcake but not on the chips as they were for a neighbour who was on a diet. Any way to get to the point this neighbour who was on a diet goes to that new gym on the seafront and gets talking to one of the fellow customers who had just bought a pair of shoes from Pavers. She said that she had tried to return them as they were giving her blister but Pavers were reluctant as she had trodden in some goose excrement when she went for a walk round the boating lake. - told me that he wouldn't be loaned to Town.

Well, thats good enough for me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
Theimperialcoroner
May 27, 2023, 11:44am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from aldi_01
I suspect, if the rumours are true, and it’s likely they are, he’ll be keeping his head down and trying to prove he is someone who values a professional career and wants it enough.

He’ll got to a league 1 club you’d imagine, regardless of todays result for Luton…

I’m guessing you’ve heard same as me.
👃

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
May 27, 2023, 12:22pm
Guest User
Oh…
Reply: 18 - 64
thevera
May 27, 2023, 12:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from golfer

I have heard the same story and I can add a few scraps (of information that is) it turns out the one who didn't want scraps, the one on the diet not the one who had a stutter who ordered fish and chips twice was actually JMD which is why he moved back down south because they don't serve scraps down there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton and McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.