crusty ole pie
May 4, 2023, 2:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
https://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.....aWt_lSYwFCCyibmFO2HY

Been offered a new deal at Solihull seems strange as he is on Ioan to chesterfield must be something todo with maximising any transfer fee ?
Logged Online
Private Message
diehardmariner
May 4, 2023, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Technicalities and formalities I suspect.

Not sure on the exact rulings now but it basically revolves around having to offer out of contract players (for those that are under 24) of similar or greater value than their expiring one to qualify for compensation.  Basically exactly what we didn't do with Danny Butterfield which is why we went from turning down a bid of £1million to losing him on a free to the same club within the space of 12 months.

Dallas has only been at Solihull for two-years so their compensation claims will be relatively minor really.  He's kicked into life at the business end of the season, if he continues that in the play-offs his relative gamble of going out on loan rather than a permanent deal will have come in for him, add a few quid to his wage demands for certain.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
jamesgtfc
May 4, 2023, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
Technicalities and formalities I suspect.

Not sure on the exact rulings now but it basically revolves around having to offer out of contract players (for those that are under 24) of similar or greater value than their expiring one to qualify for compensation.  Basically exactly what we didn't do with Danny Butterfield which is why we went from turning down a bid of £1million to losing him on a free to the same club within the space of 12 months.

Dallas has only been at Solihull for two-years so their compensation claims will be relatively minor really.  He's kicked into life at the business end of the season, if he continues that in the play-offs his relative gamble of going out on loan rather than a permanent deal will have come in for him, add a few quid to his wage demands for certain.

I posted on the transfer thread the other day that he's 24 at back end of July, and I assume nobody has to pay compensation for him at that point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Poojah
May 4, 2023, 3:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,880
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I posted on the transfer thread the other day that he's 24 at back end of July, and I assume nobody has to pay compensation for him at that point.

I don’t know this for fact, I’m basing it purely on the fact that Solihull have bothered to offer Dallas a contract and that they were steadfast enough not to accept any offers in January, but I assume that the rule applies based on the player’s age on the date of contract expiry.

If there isn’t some fixed date in place such as that it leaves the ruling open to abuse. If someone knows otherwise and can correct me, please do.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
diehardmariner
May 4, 2023, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Yeah I suspect that it'll be his age when the contract expires, as Poojah states.  I think contracts tend to expire no later than 30th June, potentially earlier for some clubs who want to avoid paying wages through the summer.

Otherwise clubs would wait for those players who turn 24 in July, August, maybe even September so they can nab them without compensation.  The players too would probably wait if it meant they can take a chunk of that compensation fee to bump their wages.

Be a good question for Kieran Maguire.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
jamesgtfc
May 4, 2023, 3:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t know this for fact, I’m basing it purely on the fact that Solihull have bothered to offer Dallas a contract and that they were steadfast enough not to accept any offers in January, but I assume that the rule applies based on the player’s age on the date of contract expiry.

If there isn’t some fixed date in place such as that it leaves the ruling open to abuse. If someone knows otherwise and can correct me, please do.

The wording here says "Compensation is payable until the end of the season of the player’s 23rd birthday." so I think they will be lucky to get anything.

[url]https://www.easportslaw.com/news/training-compensation-and-solidarity-mechanism[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
jamesgtfc
May 4, 2023, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Yeah I suspect that it'll be his age when the contract expires, as Poojah states.  I think contracts tend to expire no later than 30th June, potentially earlier for some clubs who want to avoid paying wages through the summer.

Otherwise clubs would wait for those players who turn 24 in July, August, maybe even September so they can nab them without compensation.  The players too would probably wait if it meant they can take a chunk of that compensation fee to bump their wages.

Be a good question for Kieran Maguire.

But also, it would be incredibly restrictive of Solihull and detrimental to the career of a young player if Solihull were entitled to compensation for 2 years if nobody signed him as they didn't want to pay a fee. Dallas is one those few people that only just sneaks in to the under 24 category at his contract expiry, he's like the kid who starts school on his 5th birthday whilst his best mate was 4 only a few days previously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Marinerdan
May 4, 2023, 3:50pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at someone like Motherwell next year, especially if compensation needs to be paid. I may be wrong but I don’t think Scottish clubs would need to pay compensation as it would be an international move?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
RonMariner
May 4, 2023, 4:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Who?

Turned us down so he is dead to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
RonMariner
May 4, 2023, 4:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Who?

Turned us down so he is dead to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dallas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.