Brazilnut
May 4, 2023, 9:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Marinerdan
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at someone like Motherwell next year, especially if compensation needs to be paid. I may be wrong but I don’t think Scottish clubs would need to pay compensation as it would be an international move?

In Scotland the rule for compensation  is under 23 ,,,,,,,going back a few years York had a player (cant remember his name)  he was under 24 and York was expecting some compensation / fee set by tribunal    and he went and joined a club in scotland  for free ....York where fuming  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
GollyGTFC
May 5, 2023, 6:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t know this for fact, I’m basing it purely on the fact that Solihull have bothered to offer Dallas a contract and that they were steadfast enough not to accept any offers in January, but I assume that the rule applies based on the player’s age on the date of contract expiry.

If there isn’t some fixed date in place such as that it leaves the ruling open to abuse. If someone knows otherwise and can correct me, please do.

Solihull did accept others in January. The player turned them down.

My understanding is that SMFC will get nothing because he’s 24 before 31st August 2023, but if anyone knows better or has a link to the rules please post them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 22
pen penfras
May 6, 2023, 11:37am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Solihull did accept others in January. The player turned them down.

My understanding is that SMFC will get nothing because he’s 24 before 31st August 2023, but if anyone knows better or has a link to the rules please post them.

EFL rule 67.1 defines under 24 player date as 30th June.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dallas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.