Heisenberg
April 16, 2023, 9:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Morris is the only midfielder out of contract so I think he will be released as we do need to strengthen there. I think Hunt could be moved on in the summer or shipped out on loan until January too unless he has a strong pre-season.

Moved on after paying six figures for him? No chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 125
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,019
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Heisenberg

Green to do all the filthy stuff, Hunt and Raikhy pulling the strings - I like the sound of that.

Raikhy likes to get forward too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 125
jamesgtfc
April 16, 2023, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Heisenberg

He's barely played him since paying six figures and made a few references about wanting more height in the team. I just have a hunch that it's a transfer that won't work out unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 125
ska face
April 16, 2023, 10:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,810
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Heisenberg

That ever actually been confirmed anywhere?

Not sure Hurst would’ve parted with £100k min for a lad with a handful of league appearances at relegated Oldham that he could’ve picked up for free in the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 125
toontown
April 16, 2023, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
I've heard the rumours of the fee varying from 100k to 30k, personally I would be very surprised indeed if we had paid 100k for someone with so few efl appearances, was totally unproven at league 2 level and was not really wanted by shef wed. I suspect it was closer to 30k than 100k.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 125
MuddyWaters
April 16, 2023, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He's barely played him since paying six figures and made a few references about wanting more height in the team. I just have a hunch that it's a transfer that won't work out unfortunately.

Didn’t Hurst know he was small?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 125
Rick12
April 17, 2023, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Looking at the contracts these players get in lower league eg one or two year deals and then could get released you realise how precarious being a footballer is at this level financially.  A fair few few wont be  on that much better salary wise than a teacher   but the teacher has relative permanent job security if he/ she does the job right for life . I can understand how some dont bother with it all and do a more secure profession financially and play football on the side semi professionally. Likewise Iam glad the new Grimsby owners alluded to this as well last year eg FA need to look at more provisions  for those players who get released especially lower tier .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 125
jimgtfc
April 17, 2023, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
I’ve been led to believe that the fee for Hunt wasn’t up front and was performance related, could eventually reach £100k. It might explain why he’s not played much.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 125
jimgtfc
April 17, 2023, 10:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
This is what I would do…

Goalkeepers

Ollie Battersby - Sounds like he has potential, good to keep as he counts towards the home grown quota.

Max Crocombe - New one year deal. It’s ok wanting a better GK, getting one is another thing, Max is ok.

Defenders

Danny Amos - good enough to be deputy left back, new one year deal.

Jordan Cropper - that throw alone is such a weapon and makes Maher look like a 5 year old with a shot put. New one year deal

Josh Emmanuel - offer new 2 year deal but suspect he’ll have offers elsewhere

Owen Gallacher - release

Shaun Pearson - offer coaching role and keep playing registration just in case and to help youngsters through reserve games

(Andy Smith) - return to Hull

Midfielders

Bryn Morris - I don’t mind Morris but we need a new, better midfielder so he has to be moved on in my opinion. Suspect he’ll go back up north to a Hartlepool / Gateshead / Darlo

Sean Scannell - release

(Mikey O'Neill) - return to Preston

Forwards

Ryan Taylor - release

(Tom Dickson-Peters) - return to Norwich (if he hasn’t already)

(George Lloyd) - attempt to sign on permanent

(John McAtee) - return to Luton

1st & 2nd year Pros

Aaron Braithwaite
Jamie Bramwell
Edwin Essel
Jaz Goundry
Harvey Tomlinson - trigger extra one year options on all where applicable

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 125
GollyGTFC
April 17, 2023, 10:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,068
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Morris is the only midfielder out of contract so I think he will be released as we do need to strengthen there. I think Hunt could be moved on in the summer or shipped out on loan until January too unless he has a strong pre-season.

We desperate need to improve the quality in midfield. Or should that be to get some quality in midfield.

Hopefully Hunt will be better next season if he gets a full preseason with us. Sheff Wed really shafted him by making him stay there until the window closed. Should have let him go in June. Really shoddy treatment for a player they didn’t want anymore and who is trying to establish himself in first team football.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player Contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.