gtfc_chris
April 13, 2023, 3:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from wuffing
Been pondering something for a while....... what about a 'fishy night' at McMenemy's?
We could all turn up wearing our user names on a T shirt or badge. Then all of us could then put faces to the posters on the fishy and then bash ten bells of excrement out of each other... 😂

It could also be for a local charity, with, say a £5 entry fee?

Been milling in my head for ages and really unsure to post this, but Hagrid's and other previous posts make me think, why the hell not 'cos we're all a long time dead!!

Thoughts?

I like that idea. I'm not quite fluent in the general opinions of each poster but I've picked up at times seemingly long running friction between posters who've been here a lot longer than I so I'm guessing it could get fiery at times, would the £5 each be needed for security?!

Much as it's reputation can vary from person to person I've generally found this a nice place to be. I was the appreciative recipient of a ticket to Leyton Orient from Sconeboy who couldn't go and then met Croxton through offering a similar gesture of goodwill by collecting a ticket for him for the Crewe game so I've had first hand experience of the community this is and how complete strangers will help each other out in the name of GTFC. I personally agree that it'd be nice to attach names to some of the people who share their views here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
Mayaman
April 13, 2023, 4:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
The red crosses are weird.  If Hagrid doesn't like your opinion, he will tell you.  Much appreciate that. Hope he's back soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
grimsby pete
April 13, 2023, 7:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Met a few posters over the years and we are all like minded with our love for town.

I think this is a good idea plus you could run a raffle and name cards to raise money for charity.

Les Brechin would go I am sure and his charity could be one to benefit from money raised.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
lukeo
April 13, 2023, 9:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from grimsby pete
Met a few posters over the years and we are all like minded with our love for town.

I think this is a good idea plus you could run a raffle and name cards to raise money for charity.

Les Brechin would go I am sure and his charity could be one to benefit from money raised.

This.
I've obviously got alot of negative feedback on here but I've known/ met up with many of the fishy folk and each and every one of them are top lads (and lasses). 1 or 2 in particular that have gone way out of their way to help me in the past. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
It Bites
April 13, 2023, 9:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
I'd be up for it . I used to drink a lot and post some right crap on here . I stopped drinking and my posts got worse 😂😂. So I'm sure I've offended a few but I'd be gutted if I'd genuinely upset some one
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
jonnyboy82
April 13, 2023, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from wuffing
Been pondering something for a while....... what about a 'fishy night' at McMenemy's?
We could all turn up wearing our user names on a T shirt or badge. Then all of us could then put faces to the posters on the fishy and then bash ten bells of excrement out of each other... 😂

It could also be for a local charity, with, say a £5 entry fee?

Been milling in my head for ages and really unsure to post this, but Hagrid's and other previous posts make me think, why the hell not 'cos we're all a long time dead!!

Thoughts?

I'm in.

But won't need a badge, I will be the one holding a hotdog.
(Some will understand)

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
MidnightMariner
April 13, 2023, 9:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I'm in.

(Some will understand)

With a pint in each hand how you gonna hold a hot dog 🤔
🙃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
FishOutOfWater
April 14, 2023, 11:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I'm in.

(Some will understand)

It's where you might be holding the hot dog that might be a talking point  ðŸ˜‰
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 82
jamesgtfc
April 14, 2023, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It's where you might be holding the hot dog that might be a talking point  ðŸ˜‰

Maybe Lennell could be a special guest for the evening and finally put that hot dog where it belongs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
grimsby pete
April 14, 2023, 1:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
It's obvious that there are many on here that suffers with some sort of depression or mental problems.

It's good to talk so don't be afraid to open up about your thoughts sometimes it might help to talk to a non family or friend.

If a poster on here says they will help if they can then take them up on the offer.

It's a bit like the fishy Samaritans branch  

I have been helped in the past its a shitty world sometimes but there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hagrid

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.