Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 282 Guests

Will you renew your season ticket ?
Yes renewing
Not renewing
Not sure
  View Results 167 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will you renew your ST next season ?

This thread currently has 3,536 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
March 9, 2023, 7:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
As the question says , I will be but at times at those homes I have thought maybe i should leave it and see how we start (if the football is any better )
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
March 9, 2023, 7:41pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mappers
As the question says , I will be but at times at those homes I have thought maybe i should leave it and see how we start (if the football is any better )

How good (or bad) the football is has zero impact on whether I renew or not.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
Mappers
March 9, 2023, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
Yeah I get your viewpoint ,its just I do an 8 hr round trip for the home ones and its not always been worth the journey, I was going to more away than home in the conference and enjoyed them more but i started getting the ST to put money into the club rather than put money in the other away clubs pockets that bring about 50 fans to us most weeks lol .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
rancido
March 9, 2023, 7:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
I have held a ST now for 22 years and certainly see no reason why I would not renew next season. Yes, a lot of the football at BP has been generally 'poor fayre'  but this has been an unusual season with many contributory factors. An unexpected promotion, a reduced time transfer window and preparation period in the summer plus new owners who wanted to undo a lot of damage done by the previous incumbent.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
gary_elton
March 9, 2023, 8:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I moved away from the area in 1971... not always able to get back as I was in the Army, so missed many a good season. I attended many away games over the years  plus those Wembley visits. We came back this way just over 2 years ago , and immediately took up season tickets for the 3 of us... I see no reason to not renew, you just never know when that great season will turn up again. Especially now things are generally on the up...  UTM  !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2023, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
No reason not to!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
oochiad
March 9, 2023, 8:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Of course. 180 miles for a home game, I’m not stopping yet just as we start to make a real impression again after all those years……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
Phil the cod
March 9, 2023, 8:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
No won't be renewing, first time season ticket holder this year, but find it too much of a commitment when I also have other hobbies and interests.
Don't think the prices of food and drink are fair either.
Also, if you find yourself sat near some gobshite divvy your kind of screwed if you can't move seats.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
Ashby mariner
March 9, 2023, 10:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Really unsure. I go with my 14 year old lad. Weve been to quite a few away games this year and only missed 2 home games. However he's wanting to do other things on a weekend so om quite torn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
aldi_01
March 9, 2023, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Phil the cod
No won't be renewing, first time season ticket holder this year, but find it too much of a commitment when I also have other hobbies and interests.
Don't think the prices of food and drink are fair either.
Also, if you find yourself sat near some gobshite divvy your kind of screwed if you can't move seats.

What’s a ‘gobshite divvy’ out of interest.

Bloke that sits on the back row near me would certainly ot not fit a stereotype but flipping hell he gets on everyone’s mammaries just wittering on about making subs or slagging off referees at every opportunity whilst ignoring the fact we’re playing shite…I’d call him a ‘gobshite divvy’ but I’m not sure he’s what you’re referring too.

I’ll always have my season ticket, regardless of whether I’ll go. Much like through covid…

The price of food, drinks or who I’m sat near has never been so much as a thought when buying a season ticket.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.