Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 275 Guests

Will you renew your season ticket ?
Yes renewing
Not renewing
Not sure
  View Results 167 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will you renew your ST next season ?

This thread currently has 3,539 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
March 10, 2023, 9:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,507
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Phil the cod

It's like this in the lower at times, some of the comments from "people" are cringeworthy.

There is a lady linesperson Saturday,some of the stuff they were saying earlier in the season when we had one crossed the line - I wondered whether they had daughters , and if they did would they stand a chance .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
GtfcGarner
March 10, 2023, 10:50am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Unfortunately not as will be moving to Australia permanently in May. Atleast I can spread the good word of Grimsby in the outback.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Yarborough Vaults
March 10, 2023, 2:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Given that many first timers may not renew, it does mean that anyone wanting one for the first time will need to pay full price since the discount period will have passed and there are not many free seats, particularly in the lower.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
DB
March 10, 2023, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Unfortunately not as will be moving to Australia permanently in May. Atleast I can spread the good word of Grimsby in the outback.

Best of luck to you, I hope you can settle in ok. At least you can watch all the games, home and away on Mariners TV but you'll have to get up early with the time difference.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
MrThirsty
March 10, 2023, 3:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
There are always a number of games each season that make you wish you hadn’t bothered (and there have been more this season than expected) but sometimes even a dross one nil win can be worth it (beating Stevenage with a last minute goal to stop them going up would be sweet). So as ever, I will renew (but would not last season if we hadn’t got new owners).

With regards people moaning, our group (and we were the third set to do so) moved to get away from someone who simply made matches miserable. It’s alway difficult to completely get away from this and the latest one for me was a couple stating PH was rubbish when we were three nil up against Luton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
lukeo
March 10, 2023, 4:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from gtfc_chris
I haven't been a ST holder since I was a kid but I think we'll be getting them next season, or it has certainly been a positive conversation in the house. My girls will be 8 and 11 at the start of next season and they've had a full season now where they like to go and watch and have done some away days as a family so I think we're ready for the commitment and will hopefully be the start of two more additions to the future fanbase of GTFC.

Only stipulation is that the missus wants main stand by where the players warm up. She picked up against Northampton that Jordan Cropper has 'great' thighs so her plan is to just drool over the players as they warm up. Worthwhile price to pay to get us all in every week.

He may have great thighs but can he score a worldie from 25 yards against Northampton fans? 😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
FishOutOfWater
March 10, 2023, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MrThirsty
There are always a number of games each season that make you wish you hadn’t bothered (and there have been more this season than expected) but sometimes even a dross one nil win can be worth it (beating Stevenage with a last minute goal to stop them going up would be sweet). So as ever, I will renew (but would not last season if we hadn’t got new owners).

With regards people moaning, our group (and we were the third set to do so) moved to get away from someone who simply made matches miserable. It’s alway difficult to completely get away from this and the latest one for me was a couple stating PH was rubbish when we were three nil up against Luton.

I don't know if you listen(ed) to Radio Humberside but their presenter Andy Comfort went to the Luton game with his mate ( who's a Town fan ) and he said on air, the day after the game, that he couldn't believe the grief that Hurst was getting in the second half with shouts of "Sort it" coming thick and fast. Some folk just don't get it do they.... 🙄

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 30
Phil the cod
March 10, 2023, 6:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I don't know if you listen(ed) to Radio Humberside but their presenter Andy Comfort went to the Luton game with his mate ( who's a Town fan ) and he said on air, the day after the game, that he couldn't believe the grief that Hurst was getting in the second half with shouts of "Sort it" coming thick and fast. Some folk just don't get it do they.... 🙄

And people are perplexed why players won't come here.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Zmariner
March 10, 2023, 7:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
100% yes and in all EFL seasons unconditionally but not if we went down again. Thank goodness for the away form , or we would be getting relegated again. We have been a relegation standard team at home this season but I am 100% in utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
TownSNAFU5
March 10, 2023, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
There should be another option added “Are you getting a season-ticket next season, when you did not have one this season?”.

We had many new STHs this season.  With the cup success, and many fans losing out for the biggest games, there must be fans who will buy a season-ticket next season. Maybe for the first time.  Buying if only for having a better chance of in-demand cup tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.