Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 284 Guests

Will you renew your season ticket ?
Yes renewing
Not renewing
Not sure
  View Results 167 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will you renew your ST next season ?

This thread currently has 3,537 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
March 9, 2023, 10:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Me and my son will be renewing, we have a moan on the way home, especially after Tuesday, but I know we will.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
Norseman
March 9, 2023, 11:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Would renew if we were at Grimsby Borough level .It's my team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
grimsby pete
March 10, 2023, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
To get anywhere near this season's sales will depend on who we sign.

We have a.nice.nest egg from our cup run so hopefully we can get some good signings in.

We might even have a few more fans getting season tickets if the signings please our fan base.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
gtfc_chris
March 10, 2023, 7:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
I haven't been a ST holder since I was a kid but I think we'll be getting them next season, or it has certainly been a positive conversation in the house. My girls will be 8 and 11 at the start of next season and they've had a full season now where they like to go and watch and have done some away days as a family so I think we're ready for the commitment and will hopefully be the start of two more additions to the future fanbase of GTFC.

Only stipulation is that the missus wants main stand by where the players warm up. She picked up against Northampton that Jordan Cropper has 'great' thighs so her plan is to just drool over the players as they warm up. Worthwhile price to pay to get us all in every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
Phil the cod
March 10, 2023, 7:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from aldi_01

What’s a ‘gobshite divvy’ out of interest.

Bloke that sits on the back row near me would certainly ot not fit a stereotype but flipping hell he gets on everyone’s mammaries just wittering on about making subs or slagging off referees at every opportunity whilst ignoring the fact we’re playing shite…I’d call him a ‘gobshite divvy’ but I’m not sure he’s what you’re referring too.

I’ll always have my season ticket, regardless of whether I’ll go. Much like through covid…

The price of food, drinks or who I’m sat near has never been so much as a thought when buying a season ticket.

It's like this in the lower at times, some of the comments from "people" are cringeworthy.

Attachment: the_hills_have_eyes_cover_4719.png
Size: 182.16 KB

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
Gainsbro_Mariner
March 10, 2023, 7:55am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
I'm undecided, it was my first season ticket since 2006/07 and despite the username I'm near closer to Newark / Retford these days.

Night games are very hard to get to due to a combination of my job, the other half's and having kids at home. My youngest who does come with me doesn't always fancy it at the weekend but even when we are over my thirsty car ends up supping half a tank of fuel. So that plus, food, drink, programmes and us not home until 6:30/7pm sometimes means it can get an expensive and time consuming hobby (if you can call it one)

Prior to that I probably took in 8/9 home games a season and 2/3 away games. This is probably more viable and I can at least play off my kid wanting to go rather than the feeling of forcing her to come when it's convenient for me. I am not particularly phased about the standard of the football, however we have been somewhat disappointing at home this season which is a shame for all the new ST holders we attracted after the amazing end to last season. I would imagine quite a few of the more modern fans may view it differently to us who have seen the rollercoaster over the past 3 decades and who are more bomb proof to Town's turbulence.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
buckstown
March 10, 2023, 8:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Think I will. It's 220 miles each way for me but I like knowing I can sit where I want, and I can get tickets for away games.
We tend to make a weekend of it now, Trouble is I've booked the hotel, and just about to set off in the knowledge that the game is in the balance. Same when the queen popped off, got to Donnington services to hear about the cancellation. Just had to spend more time in the Notts and the Cleethorpes taphouse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
Mappers
March 10, 2023, 9:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
It will be interesting to see how we recruit ,with an extra 1mil probably with this nest egg we should have a top 7 budget you would have thought , want  to see how Hurst uses it ;he doesnt seem to want to ever push the boat out and keeps 'us shape' with the wages but now will be the time to tweek a little surely .

If Notts and Wrexham come up with MK Dons coming down it will probably be as strong a league next season so big improvements are needed especially at home .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
HertsGTFC
March 10, 2023, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

What’s a ‘gobshite divvy’ out of interest.

Bloke that sits on the back row near me would certainly ot not fit a stereotype but flipping hell he gets on everyone’s mammaries just wittering on about making subs or slagging off referees at every opportunity whilst ignoring the fact we’re playing shite…I’d call him a ‘gobshite divvy’ but I’m not sure he’s what you’re referring too.

I’ll always have my season ticket, regardless of whether I’ll go. Much like through covid…

The price of food, drinks or who I’m sat near has never been so much as a thought when buying a season ticket.

Aldi, I think you may have identified me with the referee bit, they are my biggest frustration  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
SteffiMariner
March 10, 2023, 9:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
If the poll is an "accurate as you can get given the circumstances", then around 4,000 season ticket holders are looking to renew next season. That is still impressive, and may mean that attendances aren't impacted as groups of seats should be available for people to go with their mates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.