10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2023, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
The problem with Annual Accounts is that they're basically a historical document by the time they are published.

Most of the club's good fortune has happened after the year end - basically the play off final, promotion, ST sales, McAtee fee and the cup run will all appear in 12 months' time.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 98
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2023, 3:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190

They must be looking at that behind the scenes. Even a new "main stand" the same height but of course with unimpeded views and running the full length would be great, if expensive. A new stadium is surely out of our reach so if that is indeed the case I favour a gradual rebuilding of Blundell Park creating a unique stadium full of character and memories with a capacity we can be happy with.

I think this would near enough fit the bill. I initially thought a 2 tier stand from 6 yard box to 6 yard box, following the main stand dimensions already there would be near enough ideal. That way, the osmond corner could be demolished and far better utilised.

capacity wise am not sure how many extra seats it could provide, but the fact it could provide better facilities is a major plus. Catering/hospitality, changing rooms, disability etc could all benefit. But, is it a worthwhile project ? Am not sure it would be viewed by 1878 as something that is of upmost importance.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 98
lew chaterleys lover
February 28, 2023, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mimma
You can't built a garden shed these days without NIBYs crawling out of woodwork. Doubt planning permission would be granted, and any attempt to get planning permission would take years and be very costly

That would apply to a new stadium as well I guess.

Wouldn't the fact there is already an existing structure there help us with planning?

If I was a resident I would prefer a new smart structure than the cobbled together stand as it is now.

It will be fascinating to see what the next few years bring.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 98
GollyGTFC
February 28, 2023, 3:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from diehardmariner

Great post. Nailed it, especially the final paragraph.

It's nearly 30 years since we took down the open terraces in the corners.  Every single time I see a clip of them I wonder why we knocked them down rather than put seats on them and put a roof over the top.

Every bit of terracing at BP was demolished in the mid 90s including the terracing in the Pontoon Stand, Lower Findus and Osmond Stand. New terracing specifically designed for seating was installed in all 3 areas.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 98
grimps
February 28, 2023, 4:14pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from mimma
You can't built a garden shed these days without NIBYs crawling out of woodwork. Doubt planning permission would be granted, and any attempt to get planning permission would take years and be very costly

I don’t know ..
Nearly every Dormer bungalow gets approval over looking peoples houses , the good thing about a football stand is it’s facing the other way to the houses and if done right wouldn’t affect the sunlight in gardens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 98
DB
February 28, 2023, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from grimps

I don’t know ..
Nearly every Dormer bungalow gets approval over looking peoples houses , the good thing about a football stand is it’s facing the other way to the houses and if done right wouldn’t affect the sunlight in gardens

On the other hand, given the hot summer we've had it could be described as FREE SHADE!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 98
grimps
February 28, 2023, 5:09pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46

That would apply to a new stadium as well I guess.

Wouldn't the fact there is already an existing structure there help us with planning?

If I was a resident I would prefer a new smart structure than the cobbled together stand as it is now.

It will be fascinating to see what the next few years bring.

Looking at that photo we’d only have to buy 4 houses ( 2 at both ends )  either end of the Findus stand and we could extend it the full length and adding 2-3000
A new Main stand woukd add a couple more thousand and that would do us for the next ten or so years

Attachment: b6f69af828c8458d94bd2ddd388cd94b_620.jpeg
Size: 123.50 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 98
NorthLondonMariner
February 28, 2023, 5:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from grimps

Looking at that photo we’d only have to buy 4 houses ( 2 at both ends )  either end of the Findus stand and we could extend it the full length and adding 2-3000
A new Main stand woukd add a couple more thousand and that would do us for the next ten or so years

Or link the lower to the Osmond by putting seats in the corner. the corner, all of the Osmond, and 3/4 or 1/2 of the Main all become home stands with away fans going in the first block or 2 of the main stand by the PA box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 98
HerveJosse
February 28, 2023, 6:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from MuddyWaters
The problem with Annual Accounts is that they're basically a historical document by the time they are published.

Most of the club's good fortune has happened after the year end - basically the play off final, promotion, ST sales, McAtee fee and the cup run will all appear in 12 months' time.

The accounts say that if the play off final had taken place by 31 May rather then on 5th June the loss would have been increased by £171k.Presumably because promotion bonuses etc would then have been accrued in these accounts rather then falling into next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 98
jamesgtfc
February 28, 2023, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse

The accounts say that if the play off final had taken place by 31 May rather then on 5th June the loss would have been increased by £171k.Presumably because promotion bonuses etc would then have been accrued in these accounts rather then falling into next year.

Whilst I take your point, ticket sales etc would have also been factored in then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Accounts Released

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.