10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
February 27, 2023, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Bit confused and would welcome some correction on what is no doubt the interpretation of my non-financial mind please.

I previously thought that a repayment plan had been agreed with Fenty for his 'benign' loans whereby it would be repaid within an agreed schedule, although any such income such as transfers. would allow this to be paid off earlier.

If, as appears the case from above, the loans were paid back to Fenty by 1878 who in turn transferred them into their own loans to the club, why was the repayment line previously stated and also what has happened to the Pollock, Dembele, Grist etc. money?

Not a criticism of anything, just can't get my head round it.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
MarinerDevil
February 27, 2023, 12:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from diehardmariner
Bit confused and would welcome some correction on what is no doubt the interpretation of my non-financial mind please.

I previously thought that a repayment plan had been agreed with Fenty for his 'benign' loans whereby it would be repaid within an agreed schedule, although any such income such as transfers. would allow this to be paid off earlier.

If, as appears the case from above, the loans were paid back to Fenty by 1878 who in turn transferred them into their own loans to the club, why was the repayment line previously stated and also what has happened to the Pollock, Dembele, Grist etc. money?

We made a profit of just over £400K in player sales last year, which may have been used to clear the last £400K of loans (we won't know until we see next year's accounts). It sounds like 1878 decided to clear the other £1m early so they can start afresh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
Yoda
February 27, 2023, 1:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Didn’t the Grist, Pollock and McAtee money go to paying fenty off early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
GollyGTFC
February 27, 2023, 1:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from diehardmariner

Fenty was repaid via an agreed repayment plan. My understanding is that he was “owed” £1.5m when the club was bought and they paid around £375,000 almost immediately with 3 further payments of £375,000 due in December 2021, 2022 & 2023 unless the club received a windfall that allowed earlier repayment. Which we did.

The accounts indicate on 31st May he was still owed in the region of £400,000. Fenty would have been due £375,000 in December 2022 anyhow as per the original repayment plan, but since 31st May we’ve had the promotion final, been promoted with the huge increase in TV and solidarity money that brings and got a decent fee for McAtee.

I think AP said at the fans forum that Fenty has now been repaid in full which backs that up.

It is worth noting that we owed 1878 £1.5m on 31st May 2022 and I seem to remember them saying we’d make another loss this season so that figure is probably already significantly higher.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 98
diehardmariner
February 27, 2023, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Thanks Golly and MarinerDevil.

So the Fenty repayment plan happened as intended.  The loan from 1878 partly went into the initial payment to Fenty and then towards infrastructure/improvements?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
TheRealJohnLewis
February 27, 2023, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
Mappers
February 27, 2023, 1:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
I dont know how much of a reality it is that we can be self sustainable and succesful with the game is now and these accounts show it , how much would the lads have to had  forked out if we had ,had a mediocre season ? It pretty much all went our way and still 900k down.
I think their hope is that once the infrastructure is improved losses will be a lot less ,but the way its going they will have to either raise a lot more or put more in if they want to take the club through to league 1 and and compete which Jason has definitely said he wants to numerous times -that league is on a different level to league two and would take millions more (look at lincoln )

Would love to see the accounts of Wrexham , Notts County, Gillingham ,Colchester etc they must be insane the level of spend ,especially the teams who get 3 or 4k who blow us out the water for players .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
Mappers
February 27, 2023, 2:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
Thats the Only thing that irks me when jason says 'we cant fill BP aatm ' because if we did go through to league 1 there would be 10 teams probably capable of bringing 3k+ on a good , so if we evwn dis go through now the lack of capacity would inhibit potentially quite a lot of income,irrelevant how many home fans we manage to get in  .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
MarinerDevil
February 27, 2023, 2:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Mappers
I dont know how much of a reality it is that we can be self sustainable and succesful with the game is now and these accounts show it , how much would the lads have to had  forked out if we had ,had a mediocre season ? It pretty much all went our way and still 900k down.
I think their hope is that once the infrastructure is improved losses will be a lot less ,but the way its going they will have to either raise a lot more or put more in if they want to take the club through to league 1 and and compete which Jason has definitely said he wants to numerous times -that league is on a different level to league two and would take millions more (look at lincoln )

Would love to see the accounts of Wrexham , Notts County, Gillingham ,Colchester etc they must be insane the level of spend ,especially the teams who get 3 or 4k who blow us out the water for players .

The football side is already sustainable. The owners are not bankrolling players' wages, as our wage bill is 70-77% of total income (depending on what you count as income). The losses were down to a combination of improvements at Blundell Park (pitch improvements, sprinkler system and glass barrier in the Upper), improvements at Cheapside (irrigation, new gym) and some increased overheads due to the academy resuming full operations after Covid (along with some other investments in that area). These are "good" losses as they are investments in the future. I suspect other clubs like Wrexham and Stockport will have wage bills far exceeding ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2023, 2:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I'm not that worried about these accounts, the owners know what they're doing, have the best interests of the club in hand and I've no reason not to trust them.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Accounts Released

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.