8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 25, 2023, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Much More entertaining than we’ve had at home for a while.
Gave them both goals through poor defending and they did little else. They of course gave us one, our first a lovely team goal.
The penalty…. I wanted Gav to take it, Glennon got it, and it was poor. Really poor pen.

Crowd much better, Away support shite.
Lloyd battled away and pleased to see him get a goal, felt we could have had another pen when holohan was pulled back, but never going to get 2 pens in a game.
Frustration is my overriding  emotion, as probably just deserved 3 points but a point against League Leaders is a not to be sniffed at.

Hunt my MOM, best game since he signed.
Onto Southampton with 4000 others, show the same effort we did today, and we’ll do ourselves proud. Just dont go to pens😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
MANCMARINER
February 25, 2023, 5:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 2
Spot on report that Hagrid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2023, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Our best home performance of the season, especially second half against a team that possibly expected to win.

Alex Hunt’s passing sublime in the second half and has to start at Southampton. My MoM with honourable mentions to Maher and McAtee.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
Mariner_501
February 25, 2023, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Finally leave BP feeling entertained and like I got value for money. Great game in which we should have beat the best team in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
Dodorondon
February 25, 2023, 5:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
Hunt is cup-tied
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
Hagrid
February 25, 2023, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Dodorondon
Hunt is cup-tied

No he isnt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
Spurn boy
February 25, 2023, 5:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Whatever Hurst said to the players at half time certainly did the trick as they came out and played much more aggressively in the 2nd half and to get an equaliser straight away turned the game . Midfield was much quicker to the ball and everyone seemed to up their game and nobody pulled out of tackles and considering the game coming up against Southampton they played with a passion. Don’t think it was a bad result against the league leaders and looking forward to us playing in the 5th round of the FA cup. Not very often we can say that. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
Manchester Mariner
February 25, 2023, 5:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Dodorondon
Hunt is cup-tied

He played against Luton in the last round.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
Maringer
February 25, 2023, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I'm not sure what Lloyd did to upset the referee, but he was fouled incessantly and I can't remember him winning even one free-kick! Penalised for a couple of non-fouls however.

I thought it was a pretty bizarre refereeing performance in general. He let a lot go which should theoretically lead to a more fluid game, but really ignored a lot of obvious fouls by both teams whilst penalising one or two for nothing. He did at least get his card out and book some of their players for the shithousery.

Otherwise, a good performance in patches and two well-taken goals from us but terribly sloppy defending for both of theirs. I think we were the better team so it's a pity that the penalty wasn't great (a nice height for the keeper). Unfortunately, I wasn't surprised when Glennon missed it.

Pleasing to see Hunt come good in the second half and hopefully he can push on from that performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
Dodorondon
February 25, 2023, 5:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
Sorryyou quite right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.