TheRealJohnLewis
February 17, 2023, 10:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from ginnywings
First it was Clifton, then Efete and now it's McAtee.

A big difference here for me, Clifton and Efete it was their individual ability that has been questioned, whereas with McAtee it hasn't, just whether we are a better team with or without him.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 157
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2023, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
First it was Clifton, then Efete and now it's McAtee.

Exactly!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 157
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2023, 10:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah
Anyone who has potential doubts as to whether we are a better team with or without John McAtee needs to ask themselves this hypothetical question:

Luton offer us another season-long loan next season, on the proviso that he starts every league game he is fit and available for. Do you take it; yes or no?

Stop being a disrupter when you know the answer!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 157
ginnywings
February 17, 2023, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

A big difference here for me, Clifton and Efete it was their individual ability that has been questioned, whereas with McAtee it hasn't, just whether we are a better team with or without him.

There is no difference. Their value to the team has been questioned and the reasons are irrelevant.

The manager however, a man with 30 years experience playing and managing in the EFL and National League, thinks they are worthy of a place.

Clifton and Efete got past the criticism and so will McAtee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 157
TheRealJohnLewis
February 17, 2023, 10:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

There is no difference. Their value to the team has been questioned and the reasons are irrelevant.

The manager however, a man with 30 years experience playing and managing in the EFL and National League, thinks they are worthy of a place.

Clifton and Efete got past the criticism and so will McAtee.

but no one is questioning McAtee in this thread, but the team set-up and whether we are getting the best out of him and the team.

Edit, ok maybe one or two have criticised McAtee but I certainly haven't in this thread.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 157
pontoonlew
February 17, 2023, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The first bit I agree with, but the last paragraph about what he reads? How do you know this? He’s active on Twitter but I’d be surprised if he debases himself to this level.

Not sure if you follow him but it’s quite apparent he searches himself on there judging by the stuff he likes. I don’t blame him, I’d do it too, but it means he’d have seen the recent less complimentary stuff too, which I think is unfair on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 157
cardiffmariner
February 17, 2023, 11:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from ska face

Yeah the hundreds of thousands of posts on here of town fans talking complete and utter shïte.

So, no.

Just an opinion like the rest of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 157
cardiffmariner
February 17, 2023, 11:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Poojah
Anyone who has potential doubts as to whether we are a better team with or without John McAtee needs to ask themselves this hypothetical question:

Luton offer us another season-long loan next season, on the proviso that he starts every league game he is fit and available for. Do you take it; yes or no?

I’m assuming from you’re hypothetical question, that you would say yes and find other answers incredulous.

Right now I’d say no. Why would we build a team around a player who is not propelling us forward?

Last year he did. This year he isn’t.  And the majority of our better performances/results this season have come without him (early in the season or in the cup).

He’s been a great player for us but this season he's been bang average and next season he isn’t ours.

Let’s not put our faith in what is, to all intents and purposes, a loan player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 157
chaos33
February 18, 2023, 3:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I mean this, and the other critical stuff about him and the others named is just tosh. I hope if there are so called fans criticising him on Twitter he can just dismiss it as only one or two bigmouths who don’t know what they’re talking about. Always the same when we have a bad spell….some small sections of the fan base turn on individual players. He must think ‘you ungrateful b**tards with short memories.’.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 157
HertsGTFC
February 18, 2023, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

Not sure if you follow him but it’s quite apparent he searches himself on there judging by the stuff he likes. I don’t blame him, I’d do it too, but it means he’d have seen the recent less complimentary stuff too, which I think is unfair on him.

Sorry I misread your post I thought you meant he looked on here too, apologies.

Personally I still think his ability to change a game means he’s our most dangerous player, he has a great work rate and despite what people try and insinuate a good attitude.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.