16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
ska face
March 11, 2023, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Luton beat Sheff Utd today and comfortably in the playoffs in 4th. Wonder if we’d get any add-on cash if they happened to get promoted this season?
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 157
HertsGTFC
March 11, 2023, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ska face
Luton beat Sheff Utd today and comfortably in the playoffs in 4th. Wonder if we’d get any add-on cash if they happened to get promoted this season?

So using the laws of football that where devised on ploggers “when” we get Sheff U in the cup semi as we beat Luton we’d then be favourites to beat the Blades

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 157
barralad
March 12, 2023, 10:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
[mail][/mail]
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So using the laws of football that where devised on ploggers “when” we get Sheff U in the cup semi as we beat Luton we’d then be favourites to beat the Blades

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if the four teams in the semis are the two Manchester Clubs  and us or Brighton, Blades or Blackburn I'd be astounded if the two Manchester clubs were drawn together in the semis.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 157
HertsGTFC
March 12, 2023, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from barralad
[mail][/mail]

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if the four teams in the semis are the two Manchester Clubs  and us or Brighton, Blades or Blackburn I'd be astounded if the two Manchester clubs were drawn together in the semis.

I do tend to agree, wouldn’t that be ironic after all the years that we’ve missed playing Man U we meet them in the round of the competition which provided them with their home attendance record, clutching at tenuous straws there of course.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 157
Mayaman
March 12, 2023, 3:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from aldi_01

I’d imagine those folk have only recently started watching football.

Mcatee is definitely a player that can make it as a championship revalue, with the right coaching and conditioning, far and away above what we can offer currently.

He’s the best town player by a long way and has been the best player we’ve had for a long time.

He puts a tackle in and works his bollcoks off which then, naturally, means he’s usually done at 75 minutes but that can be changed with some coaching around in game management etc. learning when to do that and when to just sit tight up top or out wide.

He’s had poor games but then so has everyone, we’ve not had a great spell but it was never gonna be like those three games every week and whilst our league form hasn’t been great, he’s still contributed positively to that and I’ve no doubt will contribute at Brighton.

All I know is, that strike against Wrexham, only he could’ve done that. That ball to Taylor, again, only he could’ve seen and made that ball and the equaliser in the final…he was the only player we wanted on the end of it and deep down we knew he was never missing.

He will also have higher standard players around him who will read him better.  Having better players around you makes you lift your game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 157
TownSNAFU5
March 12, 2023, 3:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Luton are going well at the moment. They might be in the PL next season.  That would impact on McAtee.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 157
diehardmariner
March 13, 2023, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
If McAtee was someone we signed on loan this summer having not had him last season, would he still be viewed as our best player?

That's a genuine question, not a criticism of him or arguing against anyone either.  For me, at the minute, he's showing glimpses of what he can do and what he has done for us in the past, goal away at Crewe a classic example.  I think he's severely hampered at the minute by our system and constant long balls, probably the sheer state of the pitch at BP too.  But that's probably done for plenty of decent players in the past who we've had on loan, or even permanently.

You can only judge on what's in front of you.  If we get back to playing a style that gets the best out of McAtee then he's in the team in a heartbeat.  At the minute we've not exactly got options galore to replace him. But if this is the level of return you get from him and based on our style of play, I think we would need to look for better from our main man next season.
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 157
Rick12
March 14, 2023, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mayaman

Having better players around you makes you lift your game.
Yes, definitely. Ive heard this said  before in the past from a lad that played the game. I think depends on the player as well. Some players can motivate themselves better than others and lead by example eg think of Roy Keane or Bryan Robson for one who often led the lines with their passion.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 157
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.