AussieMariner
February 17, 2023, 5:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Mayaman
Crewe aside , he's not far wrong.   He often attempts more complicated things when a simple pass would be more effective.  Maybe that's because he should be playing with players of a higher standard.

It struck me watching his return against Donny that there were some subtle differences in his play - in particular dummying and leaving the ball for someone else - who in that game was invariably not there to receive it. Maybe he got some coaching back at Luton during his recovery that doesn’t suit our style or standard?
Have t seen the dummying so much recently - maybe Hurst ‘coached’ it out of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 157
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2023, 5:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from monkeyboy
Now i love macca and really rate him as a player but it would seem our worse form is happening when he is playing.

Maybe they trying to play the game to suit macca rather than how we play without him?

He hasnt set the world on fire since he has been back and to me is very droppable at this moment in time.

Drop our only real game changer?

Good luck with your Motherwell application btw Ian.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 157
pontoonlew
February 17, 2023, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
It is absolutely criminal how our fans have suddenly turned on McAtee. He’s a gifted footballer who I’m sure will be a success at Luton and we should enjoy him for the time he’s here.

He’s spent most of this season either out of position or playing in a formation that relies heavily on him to be the one creative outlet.

It’s quite obvious he reads a lot of the stuff posted about him and it’s a shame that he’ll be reading all the comments about him on twitter about his performances this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 157
ginnywings
February 17, 2023, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew
It is absolutely criminal how our fans have suddenly turned on McAtee. He’s a gifted footballer who I’m sure will be a success at Luton and we should enjoy him for the time he’s here.

He’s spent most of this season either out of position or playing in a formation that relies heavily on him to be the one creative outlet.

I'd like to know who we have in reserve who is better than him, because I haven't seen him yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 157
TheRealJohnLewis
February 17, 2023, 6:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
We are better as a collective, team, without him at the moment, even though he's the best individual.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 157
jamesgtfc
February 17, 2023, 6:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,052
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

I'd like to know who we have in reserve who is better than him, because I haven't seen him yet.

This is a frustration I have. We have known since 2 days after our first game of the season that McAtee would be out for 3 months and then not our player by the end of the season so I would have liked to have seen someone who looks like replacing him around the place by now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 157
CSLM
February 17, 2023, 6:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from pontoonlew

It’s quite obvious he reads a lot of the stuff posted about him and it’s a shame that he’ll be reading all the comments about him on twitter about his performances this season.

I totally agree with you mate.
I did not see the Swindon game but I have been really frustrated with some of the things posted about his attitude and desire.
He is clearly our best player, I would say Smith is second. He gets annoyed with the players around him because they are not, do not think, at his level.
I hope he has a good end to the season and good luck to him after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 157
arryarryarry
February 17, 2023, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
As John Moore would say......."crikey"

He is by far and away our best player and to leave him out would be stupid. It is not McAtee's fault that Hurst could not find a suitable striker to play along side him.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 157
TheRealJohnLewis
February 17, 2023, 7:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
The needs of the team should always outweigh the ability of one individual.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 157
ska face
February 17, 2023, 7:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
We are better as a collective, team, without him at the moment, even though he's the best individual.

What evidence have you got for that?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.