7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
All charges dropped. Will be interesting as more details come out. Career in football still finished however.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-64502021

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
February 2, 2023, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Charges dropped after “a key witness withdrew their involvement”

Wonder what that m€an$?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
Hagrid
February 2, 2023, 2:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Means His Victim chooses Money and Staying with him over the course of justice

Which is shocking of her, and a kick in the teeth for all victims of sexual beasts.

I hope no one in football goes anywhere near him, disgusting animal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Charges dropped after “a key witness withdrew their involvement”

Wonder what that m€an$?

Odd, innit. I didn’t think, for obvious reasons, that victims of domestic abuse offences could drop charges at their own behest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
ska face
February 2, 2023, 2:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Well that’s it, it’s for the CPS to decide.

They’ve said they’ve no realistic prospect of conviction, so just goes to show that you can get off even when bang to rights if you’ve got the right lawyers.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
Mikey_345
February 2, 2023, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Poojah

Odd, innit. I didn’t think, for obvious reasons, that victims of domestic abuse offences could drop charges at their own behest.

I don't think they can. Which will be interesting to hear what the 'new evidence is' that the CPS mention.

As for his career, unfortunately I'd be surprised if it was over, clubs will eventually take him on if Utd release him. He hasn't got a conviction which is the legal definition of guilty and they will hide behind that. Morally of course we all know what he is...

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 2:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345

I don't think they can. Which will be interesting to hear what the 'new evidence is' that the CPS mention.

As for his career, unfortunately I'd be surprised if it was over, clubs will eventually take him on if Utd release him. He hasn't got a conviction which is the legal definition of guilty and they will hide behind that. Morally of course we all know what he is...

I think the problem he’s got is that some of what happened is the public domain (the clip in which he’s heard to be forcing himself on his girlfriend, followed by threats of physical violence).

I think back to when clubs (Sheffield United and Oldham if memory serves) tried to sign Ched Evans prior to his conviction being quashed. The clubs were prepared to do it, but threats from sponsors to pull out (as well as a handful of death threats) made it impossible for clubs to go ahead.

I suspect the same will happen to Greenwood, convicted or not. No way will the likes of Adidas be happy with him parading about on the pitch with their logo on.

If he plays professional football again, I predict it won’t be in this country.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
Chrisblor
February 2, 2023, 2:58pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
The victim's dad was a complete wrong'un who immediately tried to play it all down and make out it was a misunderstanding because (presumably) he didn't want his daughter to split up with Greenwood. Absolutely depraved parenting and it doesn't really come as a shock that the girl has withdrawn as a witness with a father like that.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
jamesgtfc
February 2, 2023, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I really, really hope his (presumably) ex-girlfriend doesn't end up dead to the hands of what appeared to be an absolute psychopath in that leaked audio we all heard a year ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
mimma
February 2, 2023, 3:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Lot of people on here seem to know all the "facts" and can make all sorts of stories up to suit their own moral standpoint. The only fact is we don't know what exactly has gone on and why the decision has been reached, but that doesn't stop anyone from drawing their own conclusions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
ska face
February 2, 2023, 3:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Lot of people on here seem to know all the "facts" and can make all sorts of stories up to suit their own moral standpoint. The only fact is we don't know what exactly has gone on and why the decision has been reached, but that doesn't stop anyone from drawing their own conclusions

Ah, the rapist defenders have logged on. I’ll leave you to it then.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Son of Cod
February 2, 2023, 3:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from mimma

That voicenote sounded pretty damning to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
Mikey_345
February 2, 2023, 3:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Poojah

I think the problem he’s got is that some of what happened is the public domain (the clip in which he’s heard to be forcing himself on his girlfriend, followed by threats of physical violence).

I think back to when clubs (Sheffield United and Oldham if memory serves) tried to sign Ched Evans prior to his conviction being quashed. The clubs were prepared to do it, but threats from sponsors to pull out (as well as a handful of death threats) made it impossible for clubs to go ahead.

I suspect the same will happen to Greenwood, convicted or not. No way will the likes of Adidas be happy with him parading about on the pitch with their logo on.

I wasn’t necessarily meaning in this country mate.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
Hagrid
February 2, 2023, 3:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mimma

listen to the voicenotes, look at the pictures. idiot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
diehardmariner
February 2, 2023, 3:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Be signing with a Middle East club the minute his contract is torn up, which will likely be very soon.

Cretin.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
Grimsby2012
February 2, 2023, 3:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Hagrid
Means His Victim chooses Money and Staying with him over the course of justice

Which is shocking of her, and a kick in the teeth for all victims of sexual beasts.

I hope no one in football goes anywhere near him, disgusting animal

That's a firstly outlandish comment to make. Complete conjecture.

Absolutely nowhere does it state this.

There could be many reasons behind this. Including the emotional toll on the victim that goes with such a high profile case.

To start blaming a possible rape victim for " she'd rather take money " just because she may be finding it hard to deal with both being raped and for it to be publicly known ( including the case )  is disgusting to be honest.

Innocent until proven guilty stands, but vilifying the victim is not OK.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
Hagrid
February 2, 2023, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grimsby2012

That's a firstly outlandish comment to make. Complete conjecture.

Absolutely nowhere does it state this.

There could be many reasons behind this. Including the emotional toll on the victim that goes with such a high profile case.

To start blaming a possible rape victim for " she'd rather take money " just because she may be finding it hard to deal with both being raped and for it to be publicly known ( including the case )  is disgusting to be honest.

Innocent until proven guilty stands, but vilifying the victim is not OK.

its all over the media, they are back together, and the fact that a key witness is now no longer willing to testify, says it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
horsforthmariner
February 2, 2023, 3:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Reckon Man Utd will try and shift him on loan abroad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
lukeo
February 2, 2023, 5:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
The voice note made me feel physically sick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
MarinerDevil
February 2, 2023, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Should "innocent until proven guilty" apply to society as a whole?

Inevitably, there will be those who argue that Greenwood should be able to move on with his life as if nothing has happened; anything else would amount to a "cancellation". And to some extent, that point of view is justified. Greenwood does not have to prove his innocence before the law as he is no longer being accused of anything.

But given the publicly available photographs and audio recordings, I think society still has a right to treat him with heavy suspicion. Manchester United also have more than enough justification to terminate his contract if they feel he has brought the club into disrepute, or even that he poses a danger to their employees.

In terms of the actual reasons for the case being dropped, it unfortunately sounds like a classic case of coercive control, if the rumours of them getting back together are true. Even the girl's father was downplaying the recordings at the time. I hope she can see the light one day, but if the massive outpouring of public support couldn't give her the courage to leave him for good, I'm not sure what will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
WesternMariner
February 2, 2023, 5:26pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
I think if I was ever accused of a serious sexual offence I’d rather have the case tried fully in Court by a judge and jury than it be dropped like this. None of us know what the full picture is but there’s an understandable reaction that from what bits we do know he must’ve been guilty as charged. Surely the CPS don’t drop high profile serious cases like this lightly . Is it possible there’s something that hasn’t been leaked that casts doubt? Probably safer to stick to innocent until proven otherwise in Court - otherwise it’s social media mob rule.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
DB
February 2, 2023, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Decades ago the police did all the prosecutions and everybody went before the courts. Because of this the % of successful prosecutions was low, so the CPS was formed.

I'm not sure of the figure but they want to be around 90% sure of a guilty verdict, otherwise, they don't prosecute because of lack of evidence.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 2, 2023, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Non football

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
horsforthmariner
February 2, 2023, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from WesternMariner
I think if I was ever accused of a serious sexual offence I’d rather have the case tried fully in Court by a judge and jury than it be dropped like this. None of us know what the full picture is but there’s an understandable reaction that from what bits we do know he must’ve been guilty as charged. Surely the CPS don’t drop high profile serious cases like this lightly . Is it possible there’s something that hasn’t been leaked that casts doubt? Probably safer to stick to innocent until proven otherwise in Court - otherwise it’s social media mob rule.

Christ I wouldn't - Have you ever served on a jury? Absolutely terrifying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
ska face
February 2, 2023, 6:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Surely the CPS don’t drop high profile serious cases like this lightly .

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/902Xs179/A80-E01-B7-23-A1-42-D8-90-A4-350615625501.webp[/img]

Maybe there’s a Man Utd fan in the Royal Family and they’ve had a word
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 2, 2023, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from ska face

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/902Xs179/A80-E01-B7-23-A1-42-D8-90-A4-350615625501.webp[/img]

Maybe there’s a Man Utd fan in the Royal Family and they’ve had a word

Villa fans aren’t they?

Well, Randy Andy is. Palm Beach villas owned by convicted paedos mainly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 2, 2023, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Should "innocent until proven guilty" apply to society as a whole?

Inevitably, there will be those who argue that Greenwood should be able to move on with his life as if nothing has happened; anything else would amount to a "cancellation". And to some extent, that point of view is justified. Greenwood does not have to prove his innocence before the law as he is no longer being accused of anything.

But given the publicly available photographs and audio recordings, I think society still has a right to treat him with heavy suspicion. Manchester United also have more than enough justification to terminate his contract if they feel he has brought the club into disrepute, or even that he poses a danger to their employees.

In terms of the actual reasons for the case being dropped, it unfortunately sounds like a classic case of coercive control, if the rumours of them getting back together are true. Even the girl's father was downplaying the recordings at the time. I hope she can see the light one day, but if the massive outpouring of public support couldn't give her the courage to leave him for good, I'm not sure what will.

This post mixes a dangerous cocktail of opinion and pseudo knowledge.

Innocent until proven guilty does apply to society as a whole, it is the guiding foundation of the British legal system. Nobody is exempt from it.

Cancellation or being able to move on with his life is opinion, legally there is no such concept. He is not guilty in the eyes of the law. If society chooses to see him as guilty that is a product of opinion and the media etc. Not the law.

Society does not have a right to treat him with suspicion, but it may choose to do so. He is innocent before the law, society has no rights whatsoever in relation to him.

Photos and recordings may point to a crime being committed but the legal system has decided he has no case to answer, therefore he is innocent.

It is perfectly ok to despise him for what he was accused of and hope that he never kicks a football again but that is an opinion. In law he has done nothing wrong.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
HertsGTFC
February 2, 2023, 6:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Non football

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
MarinerDevil
February 2, 2023, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80

This post mixes a dangerous cocktail of opinion and pseudo knowledge.

Innocent until proven guilty does apply to society as a whole, it is the guiding foundation of the British legal system. Nobody is exempt from it.

Cancellation or being able to move on with his life is opinion, legally there is no such concept. He is not guilty in the eyes of the law. If society chooses to see him as guilty that is a product of opinion and the media etc. Not the law.

Society does not have a right to treat him with suspicion, but it may choose to do so. He is innocent before the law, society has no rights whatsoever in relation to him.

Photos and recordings may point to a crime being committed but the legal system has decided he has no case to answer, therefore he is innocent.

It is perfectly ok to despise him for what he was accused of and hope that he never kicks a football again but that is an opinion. In law he has done nothing wrong.

I suspect that you've misinterpreted my post as I think we're largely in agreement. By 'right to treat him with suspicion', I don't mean a legal right. More of a moral right to form an opinion based on the evidence disclosed to the public.

I absolutely accept that everyone is innocent before being proven guilty. But that is before the law. People can still express an opinion that is contrary to a legal conclusion. But some people believe that someone who has been found not guilty is exempt from public scrutiny or criticism. My post was an attempt to discuss that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Son of Cod
February 2, 2023, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196

Villa fans aren’t they?

Well, Randy Andy is. Palm Beach villas owned by convicted paedos mainly.

Every family in the UK has got closet Tories, alcoholics and Utd fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
WesternMariner
February 2, 2023, 6:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I’d still rather that than be tried on Facebook.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
fishcake63
February 2, 2023, 7:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Poojah

I think back to when clubs (Sheffield United and Oldham if memory serves) tried to sign Ched Evans prior to his conviction being quashed. The clubs were prepared to do it, but threats from sponsors to pull out (as well as a handful of death threats) made it impossible for clubs to go ahead.i predict it will be in this country aka ched evans

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
ginnywings
February 2, 2023, 7:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I've sat on a jury and didn't find it terrifying at all. I'd do it again if called.

As for Greenwood, I think that reading between the lines of the police statement, they are more or less saying he is guilty, but they can't prove it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
Hagrid
February 2, 2023, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I've sat on a jury and didn't find it terrifying at all. I'd do it again if called.

As for Greenwood, I think that reading between the lines of the police statement, they are more or less saying he is guilty, but they can't prove it.

Did it myself last January. Really enjoyed it, was a fascinating experiance and much more enjoyable than the working day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
ginnywings
February 2, 2023, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Hagrid

Did it myself last January. Really enjoyed it, was a fascinating experiance and much more enjoyable than the working day.

Aye, getting paid to sit on your arris, free tokens for the cafe for lunch and free bus travel.

I'd do it for a living.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
Theimperialcoroner
February 2, 2023, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Asked completely without prejudice, but theoretically, would you have him play for town?
It’s not equitable to the Ched Evans thing either as he was convicted.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
Sandford1981
February 2, 2023, 8:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Asked completely without prejudice, but theoretically, would you have him play for town?

Based on the evidence-absolutely not!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker

Nope. You expect me to cheer that cúnt on, then go home and look my daughter in the eye? He can get fúcked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
ginnywings
February 2, 2023, 8:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
That's a no from me too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
psgmariner
February 2, 2023, 8:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Poojah

Nope. You expect me to cheer that cúnt on, then go home and look my daughter in the eye? He can get fúcked.

Hope you boycotted whilst Terrell Forbes and Clayton McDonald were with us otherwise that would be a bit awkward.

To be clear I think he’s scum but we all seem to forget our moral indignation when it suits.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
WesternMariner
February 2, 2023, 8:37pm

Lager Top Drinker

Ched Evans has his conviction quashed by the Court of Appeal and I believe that the CPS didn’t seek a retrial. I’m not aware of any ‘evidence’ against him like that in the public domain about Greenwood. As far as I’m concerned Evans is as innocent as any of us. I’d have Evans in our side in a millisecond. Greenwood on the other hand I wouldn’t touch with a shitty stick - remember the incident involving Foden when he was away with England and then his arrest. He’s too arrogant for my liking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Hope you boycotted whilst Terrell Forbes and Clayton McDonald were with us otherwise that would be a bit awkward.

To be clear I think he’s scum but we all seem to forget our moral indignation when it suits.

That’s just whataboutery.

Clayton McDonald wasn’t found to do a great deal wrong, if memory serves. He was acquitted at the original trial, the court having deemed he had consensual sex girl in question.

Forbes was an interesting one, in so much that he was found not guilty of rape but did admit to having sex with the girl in question, who was aged 15 at the time (Forbes having been 21). Am I comfortable with that? No. However, I would only have been in my teens myself at the time of that case, wasn’t yet a father, and was busy doing stuff other than following the details of a trial involving a player we had on loan.

I didn’t like what I saw and heard Greenwood doing, and I wouldn’t want him at the club. It’s no more complicated than that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
aldi_01
February 2, 2023, 9:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’d go as far to say that this is a classic case of domestic violence and suspect Greenwood will be back to his tricks already, no doubt having his collar felt by PC Dibble in the not too distant future…

Victim feels foolish and talking herself in to thinking she’s in the wrong, only to return to the nightmare…

Her fathers outburst in support of Greenwood was gross at thr time too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
dapperz fun pub
February 2, 2023, 9:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
The girlfriend decided she would prefer the lavish lifestyle a Man Utd wag would bring her. Her evidence in the court room was vital she’s clearly told them she won’t comply hence the cps not wanting to waste money on a sham trial. Money makes the world go round like it or not and he’s not the first high profiler to run free when he’s quite clearly guilty as fook , that voice note was pretty damming.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Hagrid
February 2, 2023, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
He never would but the day Greenwood appeared in a town shirt is the day my support for the club would end.

I’m not a father yet, but if any man spoke to my daughter the way MG did in the voicenotes, i’d not hold back until he was punished in every possible way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Theimperialcoroner
February 2, 2023, 9:29pm

Quoted from psgmariner

This is pretty much why I asked the question.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
Maringer
February 2, 2023, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
The girlfriend decided she would prefer the lavish lifestyle a Man Utd wag would bring her. Her evidence in the court room was vital she’s clearly told them she won’t comply hence the cps not wanting to waste money on a sham trial. Money makes the world go round like it or not and he’s not the first high profiler to run free when he’s quite clearly guilty as fook , that voice note was pretty damming.  

Or perhaps she's just scared of him and what he might do if she gives evidence/leaves him? Let's not victim-shame this girl when we don't know the context.

I wasn't interested in listening to the recording or viewing any images when this first came to light, but there's little doubt from what I've read that he's an evil little fornicator. Wouldn't put much past him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
dapperz fun pub
February 2, 2023, 10:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Or perhaps she's just scared of him and what he might do if she gives evidence/leaves him? Let's not victim-shame this girl when we don't know the context.

I wasn't interested in listening to the recording or viewing any images when this first came to light, but there's little doubt from what I've read that he's an evil little fornicator. Wouldn't put much past him.

He’s a little scroat from Bradford not Sicily I’d wager it’s all about the money like it normally is. She released enough evidence for a conviction of some sort but with out her backing it up it’s not worth shitt and that coupled with what her father said again it all just points to money.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
Maringer
February 2, 2023, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
So, perhaps she's scared of her father as well as her partner? Abused people often end up in abusive relationships.

As I've seen within my own extended family (in-laws) in recent years, coercive control is something which occurs behind closed doors even to the nicest, kindest people you could ever hope to meet. You don't need to be a mafioso to be an evil fornicator and your blase assumption that this girl just in it for the money is pretty appalling, in my view.

Hopefully, she'll get out of it intact in due course, whether with money or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Kris2
February 2, 2023, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings

Aye, getting paid to sit on your arris, free tokens for the cafe for lunch and free bus travel.

I'd do it for a living.

That was my take on the whole thing. The case itself was fascinating but the majority of time was spent sitting quietly while proceedings stop every 30 seconds to discuss a point of law. Also funny wigs. .
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
dapperz fun pub
February 3, 2023, 8:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
So, perhaps she's scared of her father as well as her partner? Abused people often end up in abusive relationships.

As I've seen within my own extended family (in-laws) in recent years, coercive control is something which occurs behind closed doors even to the nicest, kindest people you could ever hope to meet. You don't need to be a mafioso to be an evil fornicator and your blase assumption that this girl just in it for the money is pretty appalling, in my view.

Hopefully, she'll get out of it intact in due course, whether with money or not.

Perhaps she’s scared of the thought of having to work for a living , now I do agree with some of things you’ve said but in this case I personally think it’s simply money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
Maringer
February 3, 2023, 8:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
"I agree with some of the things you say, but I'm going to continue to victim-shame this girl without knowing any of the actual details of what has happened".

Interesting approach.

Oh well, hopefully Greenwood will get his comeuppance at some point, or at least learn not to be such a terrible excuse for a human being.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Jarmo.Is.God
February 3, 2023, 8:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
He's done it more than once, and he will do it again.... Anyone that want's him to play are accepting what he's done... strange
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2023, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
People have been saying how we will lose 3000 STHs in the summer on the transfer thread, signing him would be a sure way of doing that. Absolutely no way would I condone him rocking up here. Legally innocent but most of the nation has heard the tapes and we have all made our own minds up.

I don't think he plays for an English team again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
OddShapedBalls
February 3, 2023, 9:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Regardless of the charges being dropped, I can;t see any sponsors wanting to be associated with him in the UK - look at the Paddy Jackson furore when he signed for London Irish they lost their 3 biggest sponsors overnight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 3, 2023, 9:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from jamesgtfc
People have been saying how we will lose 3000 STHs in the summer on the transfer thread, signing him would be a sure way of doing that. Absolutely no way would I condone him rocking up here. Legally innocent but most of the nation has heard the tapes and we have all made our own minds up.

I don't think he plays for an English team again.

I suspect he’ll ‘rehabilitate’ in Qatar or Saudi Arabia for 18 months.

Bradford will then take the punt on account of location, family ties and the fact they collect strikers.

Sheff Utd will be his next destination. They love a bit of controversy, Yorkie location and again, forward hoarders.

Then Newcastle, Villa or Everton. A 6 month stop gap loan back at Man U, a messy stint at Inter Miami (where David Beckham, a sir by then, forgets about Greenwood’s past but somehow avoids any negative press and continues his push for the inevitable sainthood) before dropping down the leagues to play for Wrexham, Notts County and Stockport.

In jail by 40.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Theimperialcoroner
February 3, 2023, 9:50am

Lee Hughes

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Poojah
February 3, 2023, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Lee Hughes

Still playing in non-league by all accounts, at the grand old age of 46. The world has changed quite a bit since Hughes was released from prison in 2007, and I’m not sure he’d be able to resurrect his career in the way he did, today.

Certainly, violent and sexual offences against women are more taboo than ever, heightened by recent high profile cases in the press. I think a more accurate comparison of what’s in store for Greenwood is Adam Johnson; simply too toxic to touch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2023, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Still playing in non-league by all accounts, at the grand old age of 46. The world has changed quite a bit since Hughes was released from prison in 2007, and I’m not sure he’d be able to resurrect his career in the way he did, today.

Certainly, violent and sexual offences against women are more taboo than ever, heightened by recent high profile cases in the press. I think a more accurate comparison of what’s in store for Greenwood is Adam Johnson; simply too toxic to touch.

Is he still playing? I saw him running the show in the NPL for Mickleover when he was 43. Mickleover have signed a few wrong'uns in recent years: non-league player Reece Thompson who forced his girlfriend to eat paint and Mitch Rose after his woman beating conviction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Poojah
February 3, 2023, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Is he still playing? I saw him running the show in the NPL for Mickleover when he was 43. Mickleover have signed a few wrong'uns in recent years: non-league player Reece Thompson who forced his girlfriend to eat paint and Mitch Rose after his woman beating conviction.

He’s at Stourport Swifts in the Midland Premier League. Had missed that about Mitch Rose; not good.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
ska face
February 3, 2023, 10:49am

Vodka Drinker
Imagine he could get a job with the Metropolitan Police without much trouble.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
horsforthmariner
February 3, 2023, 10:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
The truth is nobody should be casting aspersions about the victim of incident. We have no idea about her situation and we shouldn't assume this is about money or anything else. We don't even know if she is the key witness who has withdrawn. We simply don't have any facts about this so shouldn't speculate.

My guess is Mason Greenwood will make a comeback. By the age of 20 he had played for England and had played for Man Utd 83 times. By the same age Kane had played in the Premier League once. He was at the time considered the best young striker in England and one of the best prospects in Europe. He was valued at something like 100 million (although these valuations are always shite. He is a completely different prospect to Ched Evans or Lee Hughes. Man Utd have sunk 4 million into wages for him over the last 12 months. and will owe another 8 million.

My guess is that they will try and recoup some of this by selling him abroad next season. Maybe they will get him on a half season loan somewhere and flog him in the next January window. They are not going to let millions go to waste.

If you are a middling Spanish or Italian club, the Greenwood story isn't going to get the cut through. I mean if Villa signed somebody who hadnt been found guilty of something most people wouldn't bat an eye lid.

Then itll go one of two ways. He'll either score a hatful of goals and top European side will buy him or his career will go down the toilet.

The problem for England will be in 5 or 6 years time, if we're lacking a striker and he;s ripping it up at Real Madrid there will be a clamour for him to be picked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
LH
February 3, 2023, 11:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Real Madrid do have form for playing former Man Utd teenagers accused of rape…
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2023, 6:49am
Special Brew Drinker
[quote=43]"I agree with some of the things you say, but I'm going to continue to victim-shame this girl without knowing any of the actual details of what has happened".

Interesting approach.

Interesting approach from the girl do you mean ? You do realise They are back together

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
lukeo
February 4, 2023, 7:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149

Ched Evans has his conviction quashed by the Court of Appeal and I believe that the CPS didn’t seek a retrial. I’m not aware of any ‘evidence’ against him like that in the public domain about Greenwood. As far as I’m concerned Evans is as innocent as any of us. I’d have Evans in our side in a millisecond. Greenwood on the other hand I wouldn’t touch with a shitty stick - remember the incident involving Foden when he was away with England and then his arrest. He’s too arrogant for my liking.

People may be angry with what I say here but I follow the ched Evans case very closely and looked at as much evidence that was public as possible. For me he was/is 90% innocent. Just a typical lad doing what a typical 'lad' would do when given an opportunity. Sadly ts because of his fame and money that he went through what he did... I say 90% innocent because the other 10% is the fact he has/had a mrs and she should have walked away from him.
His case is totally different to Masons. Mason is clearly a scumbag and deserves locking up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
Sandford1981
February 4, 2023, 7:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
[quote=43]"I agree with some of the things you say, but I'm going to continue to victim-shame this girl without knowing any of the actual details of what has happened".

Interesting approach.

Interesting approach from the girl do you mean ? You do realise They are back together

In my experience of speaking and working with abused partners it’s unfortunately very common for them to go back or stay in the first place despite suffering outrages.
Thats how coercion, abuse and control works and it is that ‘hold’ which causes what seems to be irrational decision making to outsiders or people with little knowledge of these situations.
She has likely been systematically broken down over a long period and is unbelievably hard to break that even when it’s seems there is a glaring opportunity to do so.
Most behaviour change models factor in it takes a certain amount of attempts (7 is jumping out at me) before someone is successful in quitting something or leaving.
Rather than laying blame at the victims door we should be asking what is he (and others - her dad even) doing that makes her unable to leave or feel obliged to go back.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
aldi_01
February 4, 2023, 8:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Sandford1981

In my experience of speaking and working with abused partners it’s unfortunately very common for them to go back or stay in the first place despite suffering outrages.
Thats how coercion, abuse and control works and it is that ‘hold’ which causes what seems to be irrational decision making to outsiders or people with little knowledge of these situations.
She has likely been systematically broken down over a long period and is unbelievably hard to break that even when it’s seems there is a glaring opportunity to do so.
Most behaviour change models factor in it takes a certain amount of attempts (7 is jumping out at me) before someone is successful in quitting something or leaving.
Rather than laying blame at the victims door we should be asking what is he (and others - her dad even) doing that makes her unable to leave or feel obliged to go back.

Which was the point I made earlier, I’ve seen it first hand. Couple that with the feeling of making her be completely dependent on him, and no doubt he’s lavished her with gifts of forgiveness and promised her he’ll change, it’s the constant cycle.

This won’t have been the first time and nor will it be the last. Her dad was creepy from the start and if anyone needs to be called out for being a money grabber or whatever I’d argue it is him.

Guilty or not, that voice message was not fake, he heard his child go through that and is seemingly ok with it…in this triad there’s two rotten elements in my eyes.

I’m not a Man Utd fan but I think the club handled it well and have been decent throughout really.

I suspect there will be some termination of contracts in the interest of both parties and some foreign team will likely pick him up, Turkey seems to be a destination of choice…or he could join fellow criminal in Saudi Arabia…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mason Greenwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.