12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
February 2, 2023, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Impossible to know the nuances and futile and silly to pontificate without that detail.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 117
HertsGTFC
February 2, 2023, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

I would imagine that part of the reason PH wanted a HoR was to take some of the burden off himself. He spent many a night and weekend travelling around watching games by all accounts.

And probably to decipher all the data that now comes with a player, especially the lads who have come through academies at big clubs.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 117
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 3, 2023, 1:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +879
Gold Stars: 123
How many of the recent acquisitions are cup-tied?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 117
Mariner_09
February 3, 2023, 1:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55

Lloyd is the only new one cup tied.

But Dickson-Peters and Emmanuel couldn't play for us in the original tie, thus are ineligible for the replay.

In other words, I'd rest Danilo on Saturday as he absolutely has to play on Tuesday night, as we have no alternative.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 117
DB
February 3, 2023, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391

I think we will be relying on the same squad that played the first game.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 117
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2023, 2:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190

None of them can play the replay but some of them would be able to play against Southampton if we get past Luton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 117
lukeo
February 4, 2023, 7:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
My personal opinion on location is that we will always struggle. As someone has pointed out , realistically we have maybe Sheffield that's a sensible drive away..
Whereas places like Solihull for example have many many cities around them. Much more likely to attract players in the sense of location.

I think the window went OK. I think we have a good solid mid table squad and we've just added some potential fire power upfront and a full back to push Miche for a spot. I'm happy with this season so far, even if some games have been awful to watch (Swindon away wasn't awful to watch, we just got battered by a very good footballing side)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 117
aldi_01
February 4, 2023, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Sat reading this and the cup tied thing pops up, isn’t it time to get rid of this nonsense rule given they place so much emphasis on transfer windows? Seems like a draconian ruling that is just pointless. They’re our players now, we should be able to let them do their job…

My understanding is the champions league did away with a rule after a certain point in the competition.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 117
RonMariner
February 4, 2023, 8:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
We need to see the new players in action before we can draw any definitive conclusions regarding the business we did in the window. Let’s see if we get any clues today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 117
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2023, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from lukeo
My personal opinion on location is that we will always struggle. As someone has pointed out , realistically we have maybe Sheffield that's a sensible drive away..
Whereas places like Solihull for example have many many cities around them. Much more likely to attract players in the sense of location.

I think the window went OK. I think we have a good solid mid table squad and we've just added some potential fire power upfront and a full back to push Miche for a spot. I'm happy with this season so far, even if some games have been awful to watch (Swindon away wasn't awful to watch, we just got battered by a very good footballing side)

Solihull,  Walsall, Rochdale and countless others show you can be surrounded by big cities and in theory have a wider choice of players, but as their lack of success shows location is only a small part of the equation.

Salary, manager, existing players, being in demand, how big the club is and a clubs reputation are all bigger factors IMO.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer Window Reflection Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.