Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 253 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 7,613 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
January 28, 2023, 5:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
And not entirely sure what I've just witnessed. Simply magnificent from 1-11. Started slowly but although Luton had a lot of the ball they didn't threaten much. Town deserved to lead from Hunts effort which somehow their keeper got to but the disappointment was short lived when Holohan tucked away a header.
Luton back into it with a really soft penalty and when they went in front you'd have been justified in thinking that was that. Step forward Harry (one of our own) Clifton with a Wrexham game type quick response (74 seconds according to the ecstatic bloke stood next to me) for 2.2
The last 20 minutes was a master class in shithousery particularly from Crocombe who tried the refs patience to the limit. Never seen so many players go down with cramp.
Not really fair to single out any individual but Crocombe made two great saves to keep us in it. Efete ran his heart out and Orsi did well as a lone forward.
The 5th round draw beckons.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Vance Warner
January 28, 2023, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
Think Efete showed today that he can play higher. Matched their pace and strength which takes some doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Sigone
January 28, 2023, 5:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Vance Warner
Think Efete showed today that he can play higher. Matched their pace and strength which takes some doing.

Think Efete showed what a superb wing back he is, Thought he was a beast today.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
GrimRob
January 28, 2023, 6:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
We really grew in confidence in the second half and could even have won it had we chanced our arm a bit more. We wasted a lot of time and never made any subs into the game was almost over. Orsi was great in the second half especially although his legs had gone by the end.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 54
arryarryarry
January 28, 2023, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from barralad
And not entirely sure what I've just witnessed. Simply magnificent from 1-11. Started slowly but although Luton had a lot of the ball they didn't threaten much. Town deserved to lead from Hunts effort which somehow their keeper got to but the disappointment was short lived when Holohan tucked away a header.
Luton back into it with a really soft penalty and when they went in front you'd have been justified in thinking that was that. Step forward Harry (one of our own) Clifton with a Wrexham game type quick response (74 seconds according to the ecstatic bloke stood next to me) for 2.2
The last 20 minutes was a master class in shithousery particularly from Crocombe who tried the refs patience to the limit. Never seen so many players go down with cramp.
Not really fair to single out any individual but Crocombe made two great saves to keep us in it. Efete ran his heart out and Orsi did well as a lone forward.
The 5th round draw beckons.

If you are referring to the shot their keeper tipped over for our corner where we scored from it was Holohan's shot.

I didn't think their penalty was a penalty it looked like Morris pulls his leg away, having said that they could have had one earlier when Hunt blocked a cross/shot with his arms in our area.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
barralad
January 28, 2023, 7:12pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from arryarryarry

If you are referring to the shot their keeper tipped over for our corner where we scored from it was Holohan's shot.

I didn't think their penalty was a penalty it looked like Morris pulls his leg away, having said that they could have had one earlier when Hunt blocked a cross/shot with his arms in our area.

Cheers..my eye sight ain't what it was.
Having seen "the penalty" I couldn't agree more with you.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
Wiley2405
January 28, 2023, 7:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Clifton was also absolutely outstanding
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
marinerjase
January 28, 2023, 7:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
It’d be unfair to pick anyone out imho, they all bust a gut to get a result. Don’t think PH had any alternative to how we set up, but he got it spot on tactically..the 3 at the back helped massively, not just in terms of the result but think it helped Efete who was positive throughout.

To be honest I was disappointed in Luton, that’s not taking anything away from how fantastic our boys were. They’ve struggled at home like we have and it showed I think. The replay will probably be even harder than today - but we should gain confidence from today and are more than capable of producing a shock.

That’s for another day though..today should be all about acknowledging a tremendous effort from all. 👏👏

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
sonofmadeleymariner
January 28, 2023, 7:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
As Barra has said huge praise throughout the team after that. Both teams played really well and deserved a win showing off some beautuful football.

Some stabd out perfromances today to go along with everyone playing well
Orsi showed what he can do.
Efete looked the like player we know and loved.
Waterfall commanding
Max was superb and didn't stand a chance with euther goal he conceded.
Harry as Harry
Holohan was superb and won alot of headers today

I'd like to see the pen decision before I ruled on it tjust sat too far away to really say, but he it did look a bit theatric when he dropped.

Only negative on today was the card happy ref who was a tad of bais in some of his decions.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
buckstown
January 28, 2023, 7:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Didn't go today but having seen the highlights that penno was soft at best. Think it might have been overturned if VAR had been in place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.