Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 7,611 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
January 29, 2023, 12:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
People around us were all saying at 75mins for FS Hurst get a couple of sets of fresh legs on, to help chase their players down and give them less time on the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
ska face
January 29, 2023, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from ginnywings
Two things worry me about the replay.

They are better away from home.

We are better away from home.

Slightly different circumstances to their decent away form in the league. More emphasis on the home team go out & attack in the league whereas they will still be overwhelming favourites at BP and will expect to come and smash us. We’re slightly better without the ball.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
devs
January 29, 2023, 12:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
All I'm saying is it would be nice to have some perspective and balance if we lose
They are are not 'opinions' but ill-thought out and wild rantings!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
forza ivano
January 29, 2023, 1:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
1 thing that hasn't been mentioned - there were some superb tackles going in, hard but great technique
oh, and nobody's mentioned the 2 outstanding saves Max made in the 2nd half.

pps Max does love being the pantomime devil doesn't he? I love the way he winds them up, but does with a laugh and always gives them a smile and a clap at the end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
lukeo
January 29, 2023, 1:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,406
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from devs
Had we lost the posts on here would be a lot different
EG: Lack of subs - only used in 90+7 mins - why didn't Hurst bring Scannell on etc

It is all about the result - and then a lot of posters dive in and comment to fit the facts

Shame there's not some semblance of balance on here when we lose

Breath-taking hypocrisy from a number of posters

It's funny you say that. Although we drew I was thinking why hasn't he made any changes and then my uncle.mesaages me saying the same thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
grimsby pete
January 29, 2023, 1:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Too much calling Hurst for late subs if we look at other managers subs most are around the 70 minute.
Its more the rare than the norm if subs are made early.
I understand the players anger when they get subbed in 1st half or in the 50th min. Why not do it at half time boss ? Would be my response.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
Rodley Mariner
January 29, 2023, 1:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I completely understand why he didn't make the subs - everyone was playing well and we were well in the game. A sub taking a couple of minutes to find the pace of the game might have been all it took. Felt like 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
TheRealJohnLewis
January 29, 2023, 1:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Players had had 2 weeks off due to postponements so there would be very little fatigue in the legs, so no one really needed replacing. Plus, there was only Scannell on the bench who can change a game and will still need time to settle into the team like he did last season.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
Jarmo.Is.God
January 29, 2023, 1:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Not read through the thread, so sorry if repeating.

How bloody good does it feel to not panic when a lofty ball comes in with Max in goal?

He's a great character by the looks of things, and an incredible goalkeeper at this level.... Can't remember ever moaning about his performances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
ginnywings
January 29, 2023, 4:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
Too much calling Hurst for late subs if we look at other managers subs most are around the 70 minute.
Its more the rare than the norm if subs are made early.
I understand the players anger when they get subbed in 1st half or in the 50th min. Why not do it at half time boss ? Would be my response.

This is something I have pointed out more than once. Most substitutions are made post 70 mins.

Apart from that, the players are being monitored every minute of the game via their tracking devices. The manager knows in real time if a player is struggling from their readings. It's a different world now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.