Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 271 Guests

Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

This thread currently has 5,458 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
nealeardleyscrossing
January 18, 2023, 4:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner
Genuine questions - What guarantees are in place for this funding to continue to bankroll the club? Because those are hefty weekly losses if someone decides to cut their losses at some point.

Also, what's in it for the American investors? Football isn't a money making business for investors, so they must have something to gain from it?

I don't think there is every a guarantee, but they seem keen and visit the City regularly etc - Landon Donavon is involved too - Regardless of the debt, Clive Nates is a fantastic chairman, so I feel and most supporters would agree we are in safe hands.
Commercial revenue is the highest it has ever been - 500k was on the pitch and drainage - Pitch is incredible now really, and I think about 700k on stadium developments.

https://www.weareimps.com/club/board-members/board-members/strategic-advisors/landon-donovan/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
January 18, 2023, 4:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Did you see that Blackpool have sacked Appleton?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64317051

Not a surprise - We had to pay him off too!

Fell lucky with getting Brennan Johnson on loan and Morgan Rogers  - Got us to the play offs alone those two!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
January 18, 2023, 4:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Alot of clubs in a lower bracket though  Fleetwood, FG, Morcambe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Accy Wycombe; I know alot of them are rattling round the bottom at the moment but they survived and better in previous seasons. Mind I don't know what cash is being put into these clubs to keep them going at L1 level

You've a better ground than us and with the away end at SB being expanded you'll get a bit more revenue from the likes of Wednesday. If Lincoln struggle to survive, it would be haarder for us with our effective capacity at about 8.4k and only 1200 for away fans.

As you say you eventually find your level and we have I think - Lower L1, as with those others you mention. Yes our ground is good now, and the pitch is immaculate. Definitely infrastructure is good - We just need a goal scorer!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
diehardmariner
January 18, 2023, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543

I don't think there is every a guarantee, but they seem keen and visit the City regularly etc - Landon Donavon is involved too - Regardless of the debt, Clive Nates is a fantastic chairman, so I feel and most supporters would agree we are in safe hands.
Commercial revenue is the highest it has ever been - 500k was on the pitch and drainage - Pitch is incredible now really, and I think about 700k on stadium developments.

https://www.weareimps.com/club/board-members/board-members/strategic-advisors/landon-donovan/

Thank you.

Wasn't a veiled question or even trying to take a pop, just struggling to see why they would invest. My initial thought was around ground sale but I seem to think they favour redevelopment rather than anything else, including the potential for a new ground in the Western Growth Corridor?

Like Blundell Park, I can't imagine the land Sincil Bank sits on is that valuable either? Although probably worth more due to it's relative proximity to the city centre but otherwise quite hemmed in.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
pen penfras
January 18, 2023, 5:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
2.2, 0.9, 1.4 and now 2 million. Sounds like a Scunny trajectory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 18, 2023, 6:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,776
Gold Stars: 82
It is my understanding, from an avid Imps fan who sponsors one of the junior teams, is that Clive Nate’s steps aside as Chairman at the end of this season and will be replaced by the American investor who will then inject some funds into the club.

According to my informant this is a little around ego in that if it’s his money driving improvement he wants the kudos and it not to go to Clive. No idea how true any of this is but he’s normally quite well informed on anything to do with the Chimps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
aldi_01
January 18, 2023, 6:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Not sure this is as concerning as perhaps some are thinking. My understanding is that at present, investment is still very much forthcoming and given they’ve had players in and out and a manager to pay off, not really a shock…

Was reading the other day that the one to watch in League 1 is Pompey…again…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
pen penfras
January 18, 2023, 6:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
It is my understanding, from an avid Imps fan who sponsors one of the junior teams, is that Clive Nate’s steps aside as Chairman at the end of this season and will be replaced by the American investor who will then inject some funds into the club.

According to my informant this is a little around ego in that if it’s his money driving improvement he wants the kudos and it not to go to Clive. No idea how true any of this is but he’s normally quite well informed on anything to do with the Chimps.

Sounds more like Scunny than I said half in jest. Lincoln have at least improved facilities to show for this loss, but they're still in the position where a backer losing interest would put them deep in the soft and smelly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
toontown
January 18, 2023, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Looks to me like owners have been paying for the overspending by buying shares is that right? So if they did lose interest, whilst lincoln would be in a degree of trouble, they wouldn't owe millions and millions in debt like scunny did. I might be wrong though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
HerveJosse
January 18, 2023, 7:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,211
Gold Stars: 145
All investment is in the form of new shares to directors investors bonds issued  to fans and grants for infrastructure  No directors loans no external debt and £900k cash in the bank . Further £1.1m new shares issued since year end .  Commercial revenue  £1.6 m ( our last reported figure was £488k ). A lesson in how to run a lower league football club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.