denni266
January 16, 2023, 3:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chaos33

What the hell is ‘Hurst will not pay the going rate’ supposed to mean? What is the ‘going rate’? We’re not talking about barrels of oil. There’s no such thing. It’s much more complex and nuanced than your crass generalisations. You have no idea about any of that detail.

As for your point about Hunt - and I’m not sure what it is, seems to be that Hurst (who you say doesn’t ‘pay the going rate’) paid 100k, and you’ve declared, in your non professional role that he’s not good enough to get into our ‘poor side’.

Can you name some ‘target man’ type players who we could go for, like it’s 1967 and these players are common.
You can’t. Everyone wants goalscoring strikers or effective  physical players. Every club. They’re in short supply evidently, and if they’re really good they won’t be available, or at least, they’ll be really hard to find.

I just don’t think you can stop yourself from perpetually moaning and you don’t think things through, and then when any kind of gentle scrutiny is applied to what you say, it’s evident that you’ve got nothing.

Here he goes again the forum bully .. Well let me tell you i have had enough of your picking and i am not the only one . Something wrong with you seriously.  You only think you are right and everyone else is wrong . You are like a stalker  Get off my case dont read my input and dont reply  you are realy pissing me off .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 113
chaos33
January 16, 2023, 3:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Nobody is bullying you. You’re an adult.

Your view is being challenged. That’s all.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 113
acko338
January 16, 2023, 7:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
What has been beating us recently is opponent hard team work, running for each other, having accurate passing to their players who are aware of their field positions, and taking on our weaknesses on both flanks currently.

Waterfall has been a huge miss in the last 2 games at the back. He would have been much more aware of Austin's power and running.

Our obvious other problem is poor quality finishing, the current lack of Taylor's hold up and passing game, and lack of awareness of our players in better positions, before having shots from difficult places out wide.

Mikey O'Neill looked lively until he tired  but no one can expect s young loanee to come in at one day's notice to be a world beater.

At least Hurst was btutally honest in that we were definitely 2nd best all round on Saturday.

2 more weeks to look for new players and it may be that loan players are our only fiscal option this time !!

Not the season that fans wanted, but maybe some players have made this jump and still not quite got the speed and accuracy needed to compete on an equal footing.

JMD had skills in abundance, but no energy to complete 90 minutes and we cannot afford super subs if 2 or 3 down. I'll see how he performs back at NL level.

I think that this season won't see Taylor play again, and we need to alter the team pattern of play, or risk money on a new partner for McAtee to season end.

Not a wonderful season, but let's just dtay in League 2  and go agsin next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 113
pen penfras
January 16, 2023, 7:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from acko338
What has been beating us recently is opponent hard team work, running for each other, having accurate passing to their players who are aware of their field positions, and taking on our weaknesses on both flanks currently.

Waterfall has been a huge miss in the last 2 games at the back. He would have been much more aware of Austin's power and running.

Our obvious other problem is poor quality finishing, the current lack of Taylor's hold up and passing game, and lack of awareness of our players in better positions, before having shots from difficult places out wide.

Mikey O'Neill looked lively until he tired  but no one can expect s young loanee to come in at one day's notice to be a world beater.

At least Hurst was btutally honest in that we were definitely 2nd best all round on Saturday.

2 more weeks to look for new players and it may be that loan players are our only fiscal option this time !!

Not the season that fans wanted, but maybe some players have made this jump and still not quite got the speed and accuracy needed to compete on an equal footing.

JMD had skills in abundance, but no energy to complete 90 minutes and we cannot afford super subs if 2 or 3 down. I'll see how he performs back at NL level.

I think that this season won't see Taylor play again, and we need to alter the team pattern of play, or risk money on a new partner for McAtee to season end.

Not a wonderful season, but let's just dtay in League 2  and go agsin next season.

We've conceded a hatfull of goals this season that are just like the one you mention when Waterfall has played. He's not good at marking in the box.

If loan players are our only fiscal option, then please show me where this improved budget has been spent, because I can't see it unless you count the post covid season where we copulated up big time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 113
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst's post-match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.