14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
January 14, 2023, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
We have somehow managed to be so bad that we made it look like we were playing in a hurricane.

Shite performance and it should be a wake up call for those fans who have buried their heads in the sand, although the other shite performances over the past 8 weeks should’ve done that.

Hurst is a bad transfer window from genuine pressure, no more excuses now because we’re sleep walking into mediocrity and it’s completely our fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
January 14, 2023, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from pontoonlew
We have somehow managed to be so bad that we made it look like we were playing in a hurricane.

Shite performance and it should be a wake up call for those fans who have buried their heads in the sand, although the other shite performances over the past 8 weeks should’ve done that.

Hurst is a bad transfer window from genuine pressure, no more excuses now because we’re sleep walking into mediocrity and it’s completely our fault.

Can you explain what you mean by ‘buried their heads in the sand’?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 130
Hagrid
January 14, 2023, 5:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,520
Gold Stars: 544
You couldnt wait to have a dig at those who differ from your point of view could you😂
Horrendous display, lack of any desire, Mcatee, Gav, Smith and Michee all had nightmares. Swindon targeted Amos and can see why. It genuinely could have been 9 or 10.

For goodness sake Paul, spend some money, Every other side has. Why arent we.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 130
Madeleymariner
January 14, 2023, 5:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
I hate to agree with you Hagrid but your pretty much right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 130
TwoLeftFeet
January 14, 2023, 5:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
I'm normally pretty positive on here and a big fan of Hurst I've no doubt he is the man to sort it out.. however I'm concerned with how weak we look all over the park think next couple of players brought in need to be good league standard players who might cost a bit..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 130
Quagmire
January 14, 2023, 5:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Last 10 League Games:

W 2
D 1
L 7

F 9
A 21

Record season ticket sales with those fans being treated to a poxy 3 home wins in the league

A manager who knows his job is safe irrespective of results and performances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 130
barralad
January 14, 2023, 5:33pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
First half was pretty even. Could have been 1.0 up, should have equalised with Mcatees poor effort.
Second half was the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a Town side in ages. Couldn't get the ball often enough and when they did gave it away. Mcatee tried as did Maher and the mercurial Green but the rest stole a living today and let down nigh on 600 fans in the process.
Simply not good enough.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 130
immariner
January 14, 2023, 5:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
This season is a bonus season when you look at where we were at this point last season and the 95th minute at Notts County. We're not getting relegated, it's as simple as that. Obviously I'd prefer it if we were challenging for the play offs but we're not. Unnecessary drama
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 130
Kris2
January 14, 2023, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pontoonlew

While I do agree that Hurst and the board need to get on with it and start acquiring some players up to standard instead of this conservative "wait and see" tactic that Hurst uses for everything from subs to transfers, expecting us to bounce back into L2 first time and be dominating the league is a bit ambitious. Unless we have a free spending chairman who is willing to bankroll a team of Championship standards, we aren't going to dominate in this league and not going straight back down will be a realistic goal. Fans on here go from one extreme to the other based on if we win or lose. If we win then we are close to the playoffs and we are going to finish in them, if we lose then we are doomed, Hurst needs to be sacked and our season is a disaster.

If anybody here seriously expected us to be challenging for promotion and doing a double promotion in as many seasons I'd be asking "what planet do you live on?".  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 130
cardiffmariner
January 14, 2023, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from immariner
This season is a bonus season when you look at where we were at this point last season and the 95th minute at Notts County. We're not getting relegated, it's as simple as that. Obviously I'd prefer it if we were challenging for the play offs but we're not. Unnecessary drama

I don't think we will either but today's performance (and others recently) suggest we shouldn't be complacent about this.

Swindon were a real cut above today and showed how far we have to go before we can genuinely compete at the top end of the table. We're not particularly strong in any area but, for me, today again showed how we don't have any full backs on the books good enough to take us forward.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 130
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.