pontoonlew
January 14, 2023, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from gtfc98

Maybe the money actually isn't there for him? Think we need to consider that too.

If the money isn’t there after record ticket sales and a semi lucrative cup run then serious questions need to be asked.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 130
lew chaterleys lover
January 14, 2023, 6:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,788
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33

Can you explain, ‘there’s no such thing as consolidation’ given we’ve just gone up a league and are mid table with half a season left and an FA cup 4th round game to play..?

No. My post explains why.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 130
essexexile
January 14, 2023, 6:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lukeo
Swindon are the best team I've seen all season. We could have scored a couple first half but they dominated throughout, especially once we'd gone down to 10. Midfield runners, winger who can cross, a striker who can header...
We move on.

Midfield runners, wingers who can cross, strikers who can head and score are all basic requirements of any decent team
Think we’re lacking in two of these areas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 130
Son of Cod
January 14, 2023, 6:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
The team were crap today yes. But I'd like to take a moment to talk about our support. Were you sat in this section?

[img]https://i.ibb.co/HpBM7Xt/IMG-20230114-162822776-HDR.jpg[/img]

If so, give yourself a slap on the back for getting there and paying your entrance fee but nothing else because you may as well have not bothered turning up. Pathetic support from you every single person in that section. What's the point of taking 500+ to Swindon when the only time two thirds of that gets up is to go to the toilet?

I felt embarrassed walking away from the match today. Not because I've watched Town get spanked. I've seen that many times before. I felt embarrassed that I was in the same stand as such a bunch of corpses. Utterly terrible support.

SIT DOWN.

FOR THE MARINERS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 130
arryarryarry
January 14, 2023, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ginnywings
Don't think the interview was that bad considering PH had just seen us get hammered and probably wasn't in the best of moods.

Something and nothing for me.

Only because JT in his usual way backed down when Hurst got shirty, he should have asked why are recent league form has been shite.

Really wanted Dave Burns to ask those sort of questions as he doesn't normally back down like JT.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 130
chaos33
January 14, 2023, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362

No. My post explains why.

Except it doesn’t, hence the question. No worries.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 130
pen penfras
January 14, 2023, 7:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I kind of agree and disagree, just cast your mind back to the players that say Jolley has to bring in, we’ve moved on maybe not to the level we’d all like but we’re actually offering/paying fees for players which wasn’t the case.

Jolley brought in good players, far better than Hurst has this time around. He was just a rubbish manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 130
Mariner93er
January 14, 2023, 7:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from chaos33

Except it doesn’t, hence the question. No worries.

The definition of consolidation is the process of making something stronger. A couple of tight 1-0 wins against a largely depleted Stockport and relegation-bound Burton aside, where in our performances over the last few months or recent recruitment have you seen this consolidation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 130
Hagrid
January 14, 2023, 7:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from pen penfras

Jolley brought in good players, far better than Hurst has this time around. He was just a rubbish manager.

And person. Bloke was a complete buffoon
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 130
immariner
January 14, 2023, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from LH

No, no, no and no. The play offs were a bonus because we were shite last season too. Winning them was a superjackpot bonus because of the manner we won them in. 5000+ people bought into it in the form of purchasing a season ticket and gave us a huge fund to build from. This completely surprise sequence of events should have been capitalised on and we’ve squandered it big time. I’d love to be more positive about it but it’s very, very hard to currently.

Alright, so what does 5800 season ticket holders guarantee? A "huge fund"? Sorry mate but the maths doesn't stack up on that. It's little to no more revenue than 3500 season ticket holders and 1700 paying on the gate. It's not some massive war chest at all. The two best supported (much better than us) sides in the division, Bradford and Swindon are battling it out on the edge of the play offs but they should be first and second by a country mile then I guess.

This time last year we were what, 9/10th in the Conference. 16th in league 2 is demonstrably an improvement on that. No reason why with a couple of good signings we can't push on from here and hopefully finish the season strongly. I always thought that if we could finish higher than 14th, which would be our highest finish since 2007, that i'd be alright with that. I still think that. Maybe I'm unambitious or maybe I'm a realistic lower league football fan. Probably a bit of both
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.