December 31, 2022, 8:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from aldi_01
I think booing, especially during the match is a very English thing,

Has it ever worked? Unlikely, will people claim it’s their right to do it? Absolutely…

Seen games abroad when teams are significantly worse than we were on Thursday, fans didn’t boo during the game, they encouraged, they supported their team. Once the final whistle went, then they let their feelings known.

As we saw last season during our poor spell, we’re seeing it again, giant man babies seeing their bottom and shouting their mouths off. They have little to say that’s of any interest but they argue it’s their right. Perhaps it is but those few that seemingly can’t wait for a bad run because they don’t like Hurst are genuinely pathetic…

Saw the argument of ‘sack him’ and then when someone questioned them about replacement, their repo and ‘that’s above my pay grade…’…very flipping weird….

Agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
male private Nale
December 31, 2022, 10:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from aldi_01
I think booing, especially during the match is a very English thing,

Has it ever worked? Unlikely, will people claim it’s their right to do it? Absolutely…

Seen games abroad when teams are significantly worse than we were on Thursday, fans didn’t boo during the game, they encouraged, they supported their team. Once the final whistle went, then they let their feelings known.

As we saw last season during our poor spell, we’re seeing it again, giant man babies seeing their bottom and shouting their mouths off. They have little to say that’s of any interest but they argue it’s their right. Perhaps it is but those few that seemingly can’t wait for a bad run because they don’t like Hurst are genuinely pathetic…

Saw the argument of ‘sack him’ and then when someone questioned them about replacement, their repo and ‘that’s above my pay grade…’…very flipping weird….

Booing may be an English thing and if it is then its the tamest of ways to deliver your disapproval of the way things are going. You only have to look across into mainland Europe to see how Ultras show their feelings to squads by turning up en masse at training sessions etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
aldi_01
December 31, 2022, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from male private Nale

Booing may be an English thing and if it is then its the tamest of ways to deliver your disapproval of the way things are going. You only have to look across into mainland Europe to see how Ultras show their feelings to squads by turning up en masse at training sessions etc.

I’ve been part of said protests but during a game they support their side…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
Bigdog
December 31, 2022, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I've been lucky enough to play in front of crowds of a few hundred over my "career." If I got stick off the opposing fans it seemed to galvanise me more but on the occasions when our fans slagged me off I can't remember a time when it made me play better, a liittle bit more nervous with my touch, a little less eager to receive the ball and a little less confident to hold onto the ball. I've never booed and I've never singled out a player by shouting. Completely counter-productive towards the common goal of players and fans wanting to win the same game.

It makes my blood boil when listening to the singling out of Michee Efete nigh on every single game, most when he hasn't been anywhere near our worst player and sometimes when he's been one of our best. Before the Salford game he'd had a decent run of performances, but reading on here and Twitter you wouldn't know it. Maybe it's the safety in the mob mentality where someone wants to write something negative so the Efete bandwagon is a safe post to write, one that the writer's peers will give them a like or a tick. This is bad.. but even much worse is the clever loudmouth bellowiing in the player's ear while he's actually playing, that's a fooking disgrace. They're letting the player down, the team down and the fans down who are all hoping for a positive result.

In the end.. Michee will be alright. He's going to have a good career, hopefully here at GTFC. But a growing part of me wants him to have it elsewhere and shove the ignorant criticism of him by some dikkhead fans of ours right down their throats..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
aldi_01
December 31, 2022, 2:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Bigdog
I've been lucky enough to play in front of crowds of a few hundred over my "career." If I got stick off the opposing fans it seemed to galvanise me more but on the occasions when our fans slagged me off I can't remember a time when it made me play better, a liittle bit more nervous with my touch, a little less eager to receive the ball and a little less confident to hold onto the ball. I've never booed and I've never singled out a player by shouting. Completely counter-productive towards the common goal of players and fans wanting to win the same game.

It makes my blood boil when listening to the singling out of Michee Efete nigh on every single game, most when he hasn't been anywhere near our worst player and sometimes when he's been one of our best. Before the Salford game he'd had a decent run of performances, but reading on here and Twitter you wouldn't know it. Maybe it's the safety in the mob mentality where someone wants to write something negative so the Efete bandwagon is a safe post to write, one that the writer's peers will give them a like or a tick. This is bad.. but even much worse is the clever loudmouth bellowiing in the player's ear while he's actually playing, that's a fooking disgrace. They're letting the player down, the team down and the fans down who are all hoping for a positive result.

In the end.. Michee will be alright. He's going to have a good career, hopefully here at GTFC. But a growing part of me wants him to have it elsewhere and shove the ignorant criticism of him by some dikkhead fans of ours right down their throats..

Efete is the boo boy for literally no logical reason. Interesting that I counted as many mistakes from other players on Thursday, including Mcatee but for some reason they didn’t get the same stick…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
ginnywings
December 31, 2022, 3:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
There was a young ish guy behind me on Thurs that was screaming abuse at Efete from the kick off.

He's nowhere near good enough to be a professional footballer apparently, never mind good enough for us. Should be in the National League North at best according to the gobby fooker.

I think they just like everyone in a hundred yard radius to hear their opinion, even if it is repeated ad nauseam and usually wrong anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
GrimRob
December 31, 2022, 3:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from aldi_01

Efete is the boo boy for literally no logical reason. Interesting that I counted as many mistakes from other players on Thursday, including Mcatee but for some reason they didn’t get the same stick…

It always seems to be wide players who get the stick, wingers and full backs. The crowd can get on their back for half the game and don't notice in the other, but they get stick from the other stand. People playing more central positions are out of earshot and don't get as much abuse.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 58
chaos33
December 31, 2022, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Bigdog

Brilliant post. Totally agree.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
nightrider
December 31, 2022, 3:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Regards Efete --
He wasn't even the worst right back on the pitch. No chance.
Salfords was worse and they won 1-4 so surely he isn't the main reason we lost the game like some idiots are suggesting

Christ, some of those saying he isn't a footballer would have a heart attack doing the warmup

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2022, 3:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Excellent post, Michee works really hard to be honest and I’ll be more than happy to see him start for a good while yet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Booing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.