Roast Em Bobby
October 31, 2022, 7:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from monkeyboy
I will probably be shot down for this but i have seen a few people getting on about pepple.

When he was introduced on saturday he held the ball up well and found more space than taylor did, he also is a bit quicker.
He also seems to have a few efforts on goal when he does get a few minutes which is something our current strikers dont get.

I think with a run of games this lad could well prove the doubters wrong.  hardest part is getting games tho as certain people are first on the teamsheet and seem to be undroppable.
Hurst is a very stobborn man.

If there was single shred of evidence that he was capable of finishing like taylor did for his disallowed goal in the first half then you might have a point. Unfortunately there isn't, he's come on a few times and made a difference by being a nuisance, but that's about it. Hardly enough to justify giving him a run of games. I'd rather see Orsi being given more of a run to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 94
jamesgtfc
October 31, 2022, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from bedders78
Not sure how comprehensive this list is (and there are some familiar names) but seems to be top end of the going rate for a non-league player

https://www.transfermarkt.co.u.....amp;w_s=&zuab=ab

Surely we didn't pay £108k for Scott Garner!? Worse than that though, on page 2, is the £59k paid by us for Serge Makofo!

It's frightening looking down that list how quickly many of those players came back to earn their living in League 2 and below.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
HertsGTFC
October 31, 2022, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I’m sure it’s the same at every club, team loses a couple in a row and a fringe player gets a caning on social media from his own “supporters”.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 94
MuddyWaters
October 31, 2022, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’m sure it’s the same at every club, team loses a couple in a row and a fringe player gets a caning on social media from his own “supporters”.

That’s tripe. The striker issue has been there all season and the fact Pepple rarely starts says pretty much all you need to know.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 94
Rick12
October 31, 2022, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from HertsGTFC
a fringe player gets a caning on social media from his own “supporters”.
I get the frustration by fans eg  work hard all week and just want what's best for their team come Saturday but must be hard for the youngsters especially who are still developing. Constructive criticism is the way to go I feel especially when you see players who are trying to improve.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 94
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 31, 2022, 9:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
I can see Simmons being sent back. To be honest someone mentioned him a few days ago and I had forgotten that we even had him.

It would be interesting to see what Hurst would do if and when Taylor got injured.

Id put my money on either Richardson or Orsi. I think Pepple would still only make the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 94
HertsGTFC
October 31, 2022, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s tripe. The striker issue has been there all season and the fact Pepple rarely starts says pretty much all you need to know.

The post wasn’t about the striker issue it was about “pile on’s” on this and other forums, so far this season we’ve had “experts” going after Clifton, JMD, Efete and now Pepple.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 94
HertsGTFC
October 31, 2022, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I get the frustration by fans eg  work hard all week and just want what's best for their team come Saturday but must be hard for the youngsters especially who are still developing. Constructive criticism is the way to go I feel especially when you see players who are trying to improve.  

Agreed, but people like to start a movement don’t they?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
sonofmadeleymariner
October 31, 2022, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
For me, Pepple is coming off as a player who needs that first goal to relax him and take the weight off his shoulders. After all, he's come over from Canada where he was scoring well, thrown into men's English lower-level football and struggling to find the net. He's clearly got the ability and he's shown it at times with his hold-up play and movement.

Didn't he assist Clifton at Walsall for one of his goals?

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2022, 6:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The post wasn’t about the striker issue it was about “pile on’s” on this and other forums, so far this season we’ve had “experts” going after Clifton, JMD, Efete and now Pepple.

We’ve signed at least two strikers, maybe three, that the manager clearly doesn’t rate. I don’t see a pile on, I see it as opinion bordering on fact.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.