October 27, 2022, 12:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Dont get this love for Taylor at all.
Hes slow, cant hold the ball up for toffee
Cant win a header that much and when he does he gives a foul away.

I support whoever is on that pitch but its clear to see where we are failing.
None of the other strikers have had a run in the team yet but they get criticised.
Orsi or pepple given a run of games i think would be a huge improvement. they just need games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 83
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 27, 2022, 1:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from monkeyboy

None of the other strikers have had a run in the team yet but they get criticised.
Orsi or pepple given a run of games i think would be a huge improvement. they just need games.

I’m a little confused by your obsession with Taylor to be honest. It’s virtually every post.

Pepple is as raw as sashimi and from what I have seen of Orsi, he requires a target man to play off. When both were given their opportunity against Salford they missed a few very presentable chances.

I don’t think anyone on here thinks we don’t need a Taylor replacement or alternative, both short and long term, but we will have to wait until Jan at the very earliest for that. And even then…
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 83
TAGG
October 27, 2022, 1:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from monkeyboy

Sorry can't agree mate.
Against Bradford he won every header and most of those were used as passes.
We have no other player who can do what he does.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 83
Hagrid
October 27, 2022, 1:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from monkeyboy

arent you the fool who started a thread mid game against colchester slagging off Taylor? 5 minutes later he shut you up and showed exactly why he's in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 83
monkeyboy
October 27, 2022, 1:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker

I’m a little confused by your obsession with Taylor to be honest. It’s virtually every post.

Pepple is as raw as sashimi and from what I have seen of Orsi, he requires a target man to play off. When both were given their opportunity against Salford they missed a few very presentable chances.

I don’t think anyone on here thinks we don’t need a Taylor replacement or alternative, both short and long term, but we will have to wait until Jan at the very earliest for that. And even then…

Im not against Taylor as such, just think we can do much better.  annoying how none of these other lads can get a run.
People have criticised them from small cameo appereances which i find silly.  they need gametime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 83
monkeyboy
October 27, 2022, 1:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

arent you the fool who started a thread mid game against colchester slagging off Taylor? 5 minutes later he shut you up and showed exactly why he's in the team

It about opinions. calling names shows your maturity. cretin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 83
Rodley Mariner
October 27, 2022, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I'd love to know what you've seen to suggest Pepple could do much better than Taylor at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 83
Hagrid
October 27, 2022, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'd love to know what you've seen to suggest Pepple could do much better than Taylor at the moment.

he's seen nothing, he's just obsessed with moaning about Taylor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 83
DB
October 27, 2022, 1:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Hurst said way before the transfer window ended he wanted a striker. For him to say that means he knew before the season started where we need improvement. So he must have tried and failed to bring in a number 9, hence the free shirt.

We have debated many times why players don't want to come here so we will have to be patient and wait till January and see what happens. Until McAtee is fit Hurst has to work with who he has got and while we think some should start, Richardson for example, we will have to rely on Hurst's judgement.

We are 3 points off the play offs after a third of the season, so it's still all to play for and we're not firing on all cylinders. Hurst hasn't done too bad so far and I'm sure many on here, at the start of the season, would not have predicted this.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 83
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 27, 2022, 2:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Hagrid

he's seen nothing, he's just obsessed with moaning about Taylor

Seems to me he just has an opinion on a particular player, doesn’t make him an idiot. I’m not a big fan of Clifton but recognise I’m in a very small minority but suppose most on here think I’m an idiot for having that view.

The ability, or lack of it, of players has always divided opinions that’s why some Managers buy certain players that others wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. Arguments every weekend in our local about the qualities of players it’s part of being a football fan.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.