9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
londonmariner2
September 20, 2022, 11:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Didn’t Otis Khan sing “sitting on the dock of the bay”?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 89
Southwark Mariner
September 20, 2022, 11:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from londonmariner2
Didn’t Otis Khan sing “sitting on the dock of the bay”?

"sitting in the Docks Brewery"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 89
Croxton
September 20, 2022, 11:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Glad I decided to pay my fiver before heading back to South Yorkshire. You certainly get a different vibe in the Main stand, close to the dug outs and the interaction between coaches and players etc. Great to see Khan on his way back but mildly concerned that Clifton was exposed to injury risk. Evidence that Hurst wanted to win.

Added to the warm glow of victory was seeing Dave Smith supervising the sponsor MOTM award being presented to Orsi who then hugged his mum. She told me that she had driven 3 hours from London to watch him play and that he was really enjoying being at such a well run club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 89
Limerick Mariner
September 21, 2022, 12:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Didn't see it but sounds like a selection headache, of the right kind, looming for PH. Not in his nature to make many changes to a winning team but there's 4 players there that are really knocking at the door - three to get a start - Orsi, Maher and JMD and then Khan, from the bench for now and then challenging for a start once he's a bit more time under his belt.

Maybe PH went relatively strong because he's confidence in the squad depth now and if we progress in this it gets game time for all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 89
monkeyboy
September 21, 2022, 5:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Showed how good we can be upfront without Taylor spaffing it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 89
aldi_01
September 21, 2022, 6:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from monkeyboy
Showed how good we can be upfront without Taylor spaffing it up.

🙄

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 89
Youngy
September 21, 2022, 6:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Croxton
. Great to see Khan on his way back but mildly concerned that Clifton was exposed to injury risk. Evidence that Hurst wanted to win.

I think it's more evidence to the fact we didn't have many available Central Midfielders, Green and Morris injured and Hunt was cup tied.

Plus it's a chance to take a look at Harry playing in the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 89
louth_in_the_south
September 21, 2022, 7:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
As much as I hate this competition for reasons most people will know , it sounded like a good performance from the lads and seriously pushing for a league recall. It seems like years since we’ve had a group of players like this .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 89
lukeo
September 21, 2022, 7:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
This is the perfect outcome. Game time, clean sheet, £10k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 89
HertsGTFC
September 21, 2022, 7:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton
Glad I decided to pay my fiver before heading back to South Yorkshire. You certainly get a different vibe in the Main stand, close to the dug outs and the interaction between coaches and players etc. Great to see Khan on his way back but mildly concerned that Clifton was exposed to injury risk. Evidence that Hurst wanted to win.

Added to the warm glow of victory was seeing Dave Smith supervising the sponsor MOTM award being presented to Orsi who then hugged his mum. She told me that she had driven 3 hours from London to watch him play and that he was really enjoying being at such a well run club.

That’s good to hear about Orsi, I’ve seen him on social media at a couple of Trust events for kids on consecutive weeks and he did a bit of a Vlog with Anthony Glennon that came across really well. I think it makes a real difference when players move to the area and get involved with stuff off the field as it shows they have the right character & attitude. I’m glad Orsi had a small bit of success last night clearly you get back what you put in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.