Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 237 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 14,497 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
DaleH
September 5, 2022, 9:47am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +809
Gold Stars: 168
I'm over the moon with the positive start to the season, but I will be even happier, once I see the goals start coming from strikers.

Sounds like the new signings look quite exciting, and I look forward to seeing them on Saturday. Fingers crossed that the goals start coming from strikers soon, because I worry that the early season success won't be sustainable until we can hang our hats on strikers scoring goals for us.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 77
lukeo
September 6, 2022, 5:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I can't work out whether that's tongue in cheek or not??.who cares even if we win 1-0 every week and it's from a Luke Waterfall header? Aslong as points are being put on the board.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 77
SouthLakesMariner
September 6, 2022, 1:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +945
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from FPVmariner
Well, an afternoon spent in traffic taking my Daughter back to Uni, nearly 5 hours from Northants to Egham and back.  I probably looked and sounded a right twãt screaming, shouting and laughing on the M25 car park but who cares.  Another fantastic result that I didn’t expect, fanbloomintastic 😊😊. Is it too early to dream?

Just back from a long weekend visiting my daughter in London. Was at the Taylor Hawkins tribute at Wembley on Saturday afternoon/evening and stood up and celebrated Harry’s goal like it had just been scored at Wembley in front of me (much to my daughter and wife’s embarrassment). What’s the chances I might be doing that for real in May? (Celebrating a Town goal at Wembley that is, not embarrassing my wife and daughter which is pretty much a given).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 77
rancido
September 6, 2022, 1:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from 123614

Well then, they must have noticed his very poor attempt at a left footed cross on Saturday.

FFS that is nit picking to the extreme! At least put together a constructive argument, based on more than one incident, that supports your view . Maybe if you spent more time actually watching football and less time in the synthetic world of Football Manager then you might have a better knowledge of coaching and the real game.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 77
September 6, 2022, 5:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

FFS that is nit picking to the extreme! At least put together a constructive argument, based on more than one incident, that supports your view . Maybe if you spent more time actually watching football and less time in the synthetic world of Football Manager then you might have a better knowledge of coaching and the real game.

Lol, you're funny, I just pointed out that one attempted cross to headline that fault.  I have seen him mess up crosses many times with his left foot.  You have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about my football knowledge but over my 76 years on this planet, I might have picked up a little knowledge here and there around the world.  BTW, was you ever asked to sign for a Cypriot 1st Division side and was you also privileged to play against the Cypriot International side during their warm up for the 1974 FIFA World Cup qualification rounds?  Just wondering...........

Reply: 74 - 77
DB
September 6, 2022, 7:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

Just back from a long weekend visiting my daughter in London. Was at the Taylor Hawkins tribute at Wembley on Saturday afternoon/evening and stood up and celebrated Harry’s goal like it had just been scored at Wembley in front of me (much to my daughter and wife’s embarrassment). What’s the chances I might be doing that for real in May? (Celebrating a Town goal at Wembley that is, not embarrassing my wife and daughter which is pretty much a given).

On the other hand, you could be in the Bahamas, with your daughter and wife, celebrating Towns promotion while watching the playoff final on your laptop

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 77
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 6, 2022, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from DB

On the other hand, you could be in the Bahamas, with your daughter and wife

Sounds like a Scunny fan I know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 77
Poojah
September 6, 2022, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523

Sounds like a Scunny fan I know

Only he’s in Benidorm with his sister.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.