Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 14,501 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
September 3, 2022, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from lukeo
Regards our goal line clearance near the end I couldn't possibly say until I watch the highlights shortly (if it's on it) but I could have sworn something rustled the net, could have been a foot though!

Rustling the net no, it looks like on the replay when the ball bounced it was over the line and bounced outwards but you'd never see that without replays.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 77
HertsGTFC
September 3, 2022, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,020
Gold Stars: 232
If he carry’s on with his early season form how long will it be before Harry attracts interest from other clubs with deep pockets?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 77
codcheeky
September 3, 2022, 9:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If he carry’s on with his early season form how long will it be before Harry attracts interest from other clubs with deep pockets?

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is not being followed closely by a few clubs, when you look at his stats on ground covered, goals from midfield and his ability to stay fit and his versatility regarding positions he can be seen as a massive asset.
I always thought it was more important to secure his signature on a new contract than the unfortunate Ben Fox, some players are just cursed with bad luck regarding injuries and some are just relentlessly fit, Clifton has been remarkable in his durability and fitness and still improving, some on here have unfairly targeted him but he is making them eat their words and long may it continue
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 77
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 3, 2022, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,028
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo
Regards our goal line clearance near the end I couldn't possibly say until I watch the highlights shortly (if it's on it) but I could have sworn something rustled the net, could have been a foot though!

I would’ve struggled to see it go in the goal nearest the town fans let alone the other end, the times I’ve been to Newport!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 77
davmariner
September 3, 2022, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 77
TownSNAFU5
September 3, 2022, 11:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Always good to read the Just Back reports from away games.

Some comments from Newport fans read tonight”

“Completely outplayed.  Grimsby well worth the 3 points”.

“Over-run at times and exposed down our left side first half by a very good winger”.

“A very good Grimsby outfit”.  

“Grimsby looked good and had pace”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 77
cardiffmariner
September 4, 2022, 12:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from codcheeky

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is not being followed closely by a few clubs, when you look at his stats on ground covered, goals from midfield and his ability to stay fit and his versatility regarding positions he can be seen as a massive asset.
I always thought it was more important to secure his signature on a new contract than the unfortunate Ben Fox, some players are just cursed with bad luck regarding injuries and some are just relentlessly fit, Clifton has been remarkable in his durability and fitness and still improving, some on here have unfairly targeted him but he is making them eat their words and long may it continue

Not under-rated by fans but under-rated by some fans. Today was a great example of what he brings energy wise but also how he fits into a team shape. Looks increasingly confident down the left hand side. I don’t  know what his best position is but I do know that Hurst understands
the best way to use him game by game. He was excellent today and all Town fans Shiism be thankful he chose to stay rather than go.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 77
RonMariner
September 4, 2022, 8:13am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
How did Maher look when he came on? Will he challenge Waterfall or Smith for a place in the starting line up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 77
lukeo
September 4, 2022, 8:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from RonMariner
How did Maher look when he came on? Will he challenge Waterfall or Smith for a place in the starting line up?

Literally had no time to do anything.  
I really like the look of the 2 new lads, I felt Orsi didn't get involved much but I guess we was under the cosh a bit when he came on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 77
Hagrid
September 4, 2022, 9:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Imo again just shows how pivotal Taylor is to our side. Just look at his experiance in the lead up to the second goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.