Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 14,494 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 3, 2022, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
On the Newport trainstation platform.

We dominated from start to finish. Played some lovely stuff at times. They very rarely threatened and didn't do much except for Waite? (Bold bloke) reminds me of a smaller bolder McAtee.
Whole team I felt played brilliant, worked hard, kept the ball down and played out from the back as often as possible.
Both new lads looked very useful. Clifton unreal as always.

Dare I say it.... The referee for me got everything pretty much spot on apart from a few obvious shoves from our lads going for headers but I'm not going to complain about that. Unreal team performance and I'm very excited where this team is going. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
September 3, 2022, 5:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Safe trip home to you all!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 77
chaos33
September 3, 2022, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Travel safe and proud you Mariners!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 77
Spidey
September 3, 2022, 5:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Fantastic support from you all, have a safe journey back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 77
lukeo
September 3, 2022, 6:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Michee sat opposite me in the station and then the ref had just walked past!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 77
Mariner93er
September 3, 2022, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Brilliant performance. Controlled the game from start to finish and thoroughly deserved the win. There were so many good performances it's impossible to single players out, a proper team performance. Richardson and Simmonds both did well on their debuts, not bad when they've probably only had one training session.

Also, the strength in depth we now have is impressive. Wearne, Hunt and cropper unused subs. Green, Maher and Simmonds all coming on. And Pearson, Maguire-Drew and Pepple couldn't even make the squad. Exciting times!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 77
cardiffmariner
September 3, 2022, 6:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Thoroughly deserved and we looked really strong in all areas. Morris’s gives real bite in midfield and was excellent first half with a great goal second.

Simmonds looked very sharp when he came on, quick feet and quick brain.

Promising stuff!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 77
HertsGTFC
September 3, 2022, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo
On the Newport trainstation platform.

We dominated from start to finish. Played some lovely stuff at times. They very rarely threatened and didn't do much except for Waite? (Bold bloke) reminds me of a smaller bolder McAtee.
Whole team I felt played brilliant, worked hard, kept the ball down and played out from the back as often as possible.
Both new lads looked very useful. Clifton unreal as always.

Dare I say it.... The referee for me got everything pretty much spot on apart from a few obvious shoves from our lads going for headers but I'm not going to complain about that. Unreal team performance and I'm very excited where this team is going. UTM

Safe journey home!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 77
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 3, 2022, 6:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from lukeo
They very rarely threatened and didn't do much except for Waite? (Bold bloke) reminds me of a smaller bolder McAtee.

McAtee’s pretty bold himself to be fair. Not exactly timid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 77
barralad
September 3, 2022, 6:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Saddo that I am I worked out that until today in eight visits to Newport I'd never even see Town score never mind win.
This team is going places. Composed, quick, neat with the ball, tenacious without it. Crocombe in total control of his box. Waterfall won everything in the air. Smith had Bogle in his pocket.
Good debut from Richardson.
Cracking shot for the first goal and another for an increasingly confident Harry Clifton-who was denied a second by a good save from the keeper.
Decent referee (N.B. Newport may disagree with that assertion).
Song of the day from the open air seats. Omar Bogle you chose the wrong team. Sorry to labour the point but I wouldn't have him instead of anyone we currently have.
Onward and upward.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 77
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.