10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 9, 2022, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Bit childish. ‘Creaming themselves’? I doubt HJ has got it right based on that track record, but, you know….you carry on….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
moosey_club
August 9, 2022, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Well now we have seen him in the flesh.

Not a bad touch and held the ball and was aware of and found team mates with his distribution 9 times out of 10.

Didn't strike me as that rapid or that strong.

Ran across the line pretty well on the shoulder looking for long balls to run onto but we played through the midfield that much tonight he wasn't fed alot of those balls.

Worked tirelessly , faded second half.

Not an immediate eye-catching performance but not a bad debut overall.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
Limerick Mariner
August 10, 2022, 12:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from moosey_club
Well now we have seen him in the flesh.

Not a bad touch and held the ball and was aware of and found team mates with his distribution 9 times out of 10.

Didn't strike me as that rapid or that strong.

Ran across the line pretty well on the shoulder looking for long balls to run onto but we played through the midfield that much tonight he wasn't fed alot of those balls.

Worked tirelessly , faded second half.

Not an immediate eye-catching performance but not a bad debut overall.

Thought he didn’t really look match fit and his positional sense was a bit off. Good run out for him and as it happened these limitations didn’t matter thanks to a storming set of performances from our midfield and wide players. Won’t be ready for League 2 for a while.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
Norseman
August 10, 2022, 12:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Agree Pepple looked a little off the pace and didn't really give their defence any problems tonight .1 game tells us nothing of course but hope we get the player Luton think he is .Let's give him a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
Lost in Lincoln
August 10, 2022, 1:01am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Wasn't overly impressed, nor did I expect to be. His positioning was woeful at times, which is understandable.

Kept going though, so hope to see better from him when he gets up to speed.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 94
Son of Cod
August 10, 2022, 1:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Thought he didn’t really look match fit and his positional sense was a bit off. Good run out for him and as it happened these limitations didn’t matter thanks to a storming set of performances from our midfield and wide players. Won’t be ready for League 2 for a while.

His last match in Canada was on the 1st of July so yeah he definitely wouldn't have been fully match fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
grimsby pete
August 10, 2022, 2:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Sounds like he had a decent debut .

He is only 19 so a lot to learn so I expect he will improve over the coming months.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
Maringer
August 10, 2022, 7:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
He didn't really use his body effectively most of the time. The defender was always getting a nudge on him to put him off his stride when they were challenging. He needs to be the one getting the nudge in first, so to speak. That's where the coaching will come in.

I suppose the pace of the game might well be higher than he's used to as well so that will be another area where he needs to adapt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
GhostDan
August 10, 2022, 8:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from BrMarin

That's irrelevant. I agree that selling him was the right thing to do. People are creaming themselves over how good a deal we got without knowing the details. HerveJosse who said it might not be such a good deal now is probably accurate in his assessment for a change.

eh?  You just moaned about us paying an injured players wages, so surely getting any money at all for said injured player, is better than not?  I think your lost my friend.

For what it's worth, I was told by somebody from the Trust it was about 300k or thereabouts, which (if true) still more than represents a great deal for a player who was going regardless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
Youngy
August 10, 2022, 8:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
I thought first half he looked decent. Looked to get the ball with his back to goal and bring the midfielders into play. He gave the back line something to think about

Like previously said, he faded second half and was way too deep at times. But there is clearly potential there that will need bedding in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aribim Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.