HertsGTFC
August 8, 2022, 9:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from wiggers
Well this is what we get when them at the top refuse to spend money on a tried and tested centre forward. I hope he turns out to be a great bit of business I just can’t see it unfortunately.
I would like to see the speculate to accumulate approach and cash in on the additional season tickets and shirt sales, really push on. Sadly it doesn’t appear this will happen……

😴

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
Northbank Mariner
August 8, 2022, 9:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from wiggers
Well this is what we get when them at the top refuse to spend money on a tried and tested centre forward. I hope he turns out to be a great bit of business I just can’t see it unfortunately.
I would like to see the speculate to accumulate approach and cash in on the additional season tickets and shirt sales, really push on. Sadly it doesn’t appear this will happen……

I'll keep saying this until I'm blue in the face, Hurst has the budget to buy, but so do other clubs bigger than us!..
You name me one proven goal scorer/striker we could afford?..
Orsi had a record equaling Tshmanga when chesterfield coughed up the cash, didn't exactly reap rewards for them did it?..
So to say "those at the top refuse to spend the money" is absolute codswallop!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 94
ginnywings
August 8, 2022, 9:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I would think PH is in the market for an experienced forward despite the signing of Pepple.

That No9 shirt is still free and has been for some time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
RonMariner
August 8, 2022, 9:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Orsi had a record equaling Tshmanga when chesterfield coughed up the cash, didn't exactly reap rewards for them did it?..

To be fair, until he broke his ankle they were top of the division. Had he played all season the table would have looked very different and we might well now be planning our visit to Glanford Park......
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 8, 2022, 9:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from wiggers

Doesn’t the fact that Luton have signed Pepple (raw as sashimi) and McAtee *** (4 football league goals to date) illustrate the shortage of available strikers? Surely this proves what Hurst and most other Football League managers are up against?

*** yes, I know McAtee operates deeper than a number 9 but I’m allowed some creative licence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
HertsGTFC
August 8, 2022, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from RonMariner

To be fair, until he broke his ankle they were top of the division. Had he played all season the table would have looked very different and we might well now be planning our visit to Glanford Park......

And that’s why we shouldn’t blow a load of cash on one player.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
WelwynGardener
August 8, 2022, 9:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
I look forward to seeing him play, as i do any new signing for Town. At 19, Pepple has, hopefully, a long career in front of him. We won't see the fully developed player this season but, hopefully, Town's coaching staff will assist his development. Doubtless, his game time in D2 will be carefully managed. That must be the objective here and other clubs will watch with interest. The hope must be that, in the future, other Championship or Premier League clubs, impressed with what Town's coaching staff achieve, will be happy to entrust us with their 'starlets-in-the-making'. That is how we will progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 94
Southwark Mariner
August 8, 2022, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
He's not staying at the Humber Royal or Millfields...he's renting an AriBimB

err...ok...I'll leave now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
HerveJosse
August 8, 2022, 9:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,209
Gold Stars: 145
Obviously it’s part of the Mcatee deal. While our new owners PR delivery is ten thousand times better then hen Fentys it’s the facts that matter. Mcatee out for half the season at least and now under Luton’s control and we have a new player to bring on who is as raw as they come in the most difficult position to play on the pitch. Is it still the brilliant deal it was a week ago?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
fishcake63
August 8, 2022, 9:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
19 yr old who knows what we are getting but i'd rather trust nathan jones who gave him a 4/5 yr deal than such as myself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aribim Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.