17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
July 30, 2022, 5:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30

Kris - it appears that immariner has a better understanding of the current handball rules than you. I agree with him.

The rule:

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.
Handling the ball

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

It is nigh impossible to go for the ball like that & keep your arms by your side/behind your back. There was no deliberate intent to handle the ball - in my day it was called ball to hand..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 161
Mariner93er
July 30, 2022, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Second half was shite but they never really created much, just the handball and a worldie the difference. But it highlights the fact our midfield or strike force is currently lacking and I'd go as far as to say no better than we ended the national League with. We actually played well for the second part of the first half but lacked any creative players.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 161
GrimPol
July 30, 2022, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from pen penfras

Why not get a VPN and watch it? Costs about £20 a year and you can use it to watch regionalised content on streaming services too. Atlas VPN couldn't be simpler to use, I suspect they're all simple nowadays.

Actually you get Free VPN if you use Opera Browser. It's unlimited.
I used 6GB watching in PrivadoVPN, so next match Opera + VPN on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 161
Plankton
July 30, 2022, 5:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Mariner93er
Second half was shite but they never really created much, just the handball and a worldie the difference. But it highlights the fact our midfield or strike force is currently lacking and I'd go as far as to say no better than we ended the national League with. We actually played well for the second part of the first half but lacked any creative players.

Agreed that the second half was really poor and Orient look much fitter and physical so there's much to think about for PH. We still look like a non-league side, albeit a very good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 161
Laddy89
July 30, 2022, 5:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -184
Gold Stars: 6
Thought Smith came in and played very well.

Efete looked fairly decent in spells, other than that it was fair lacklustre.

McAtee just looked angry all game.

Never mind, another 45 games, I don’t think we will know where we’re at until about 15 games in.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 161
Plankton
July 30, 2022, 5:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Laddy89
McAtee just looked angry all game.

He was wobbling his arm to get it into the socket in his shoulder? It seemed to settle down, but clearly impacted his game and made him visibly fuming.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 161
jamesgtfc
July 30, 2022, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,045
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Kris2

So basically all you need to do is kick the ball against the person trying to tackle you and as long as it hits their arm that's a free kick or penalty according to you. No he didn't intestinally move his arm he was diving in to block it. Go cry about how wearing a face mask makes you like Jews in Nazi Germany and leave the football to people with a brain.

Always some tosser defending a crap ref just to have a different opinion.

If your arms move out from your side, however natural, it's handball. That's the rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 161
pen penfras
July 30, 2022, 5:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimPol

Actually you get Free VPN if you use Opera Browser. It's unlimited.
I used 6GB watching in PrivadoVPN, so next match Opera + VPN on.

I used opera years ago for Netflix when working away. It was rubbish. Maybe it's better now...

Atlas worked well today except it cut out near half time and I had to clear cookies to get it going after realising I wasn't in France. At least it wasn't tracked on the server side or that'd be really annoying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 161
Heswall Mariner
July 30, 2022, 5:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
What puzzles me (it doesn't take much) is that I think we have 27 registered players excluding Scannell.
PH Intimated earlier this week that we could come up with 11 fit players + the 7 permitted on the bench for todays game & that was pretty much it.
That would suggest that we have 9  players out injured - one third of the squad - before a ball had been kicked in anger.
It just seems that we have a disproportional number of injuries?
UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 161
tashee69
July 30, 2022, 5:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23

Per Twitter, this was a drop kick from their keeper and McAtee played the ball after the keeper had thrown it in the air?

If so, it’s a foul and a yellow card, regardless of whether McAtee has touched him.

I’m as much a Town fan as anyone on here but you can’t blame the ref if he’s following the rules.

Just a shame he didn’t follow the rules that involve stopping free kicks being taken or time wasting, as I’ve heard they’re supposed to be cutting down on that this season

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.