7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 12, 2022, 11:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Obviously, the Head of the FA at the time when Mr Allardyce was appointed (Martin Glenn) is beyond reproach and is of unquestionable ethical and virtuous standing.

It is purely a coincidence that his time at the FA coincided with a particularly murky period of football corruption. I am also certain that all due diligence was followed when Mr Glenn was involved in the proposed sale of Wembley Stadium to Fulham’s owner, Shahid Khan.

Despite the allegations against Mr Allardyce and his son, I am confident they are both people of strong moral character.
Appreciate the answer . Top man .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 12, 2022, 11:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Rick12
Appreciate the answer . Top man .

I hope you’re not trying to suggest there is a link between Martin Glenn and Phil Gartside, with Gartside being a former shareholder of Wembley National Stadium Limited and Glenn trying to sell the big white elephant? And I would be very disappointed if you were trying to connect Sam & Craig Allardyce to any of Gartside, Glenn, Jerome Anderson, Peter Harrison, Venkys and Mark Curtis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
Rick12
July 12, 2022, 11:39pm
Vodka Drinker

I hope you’re not trying to suggest there is a link between Martin Glenn and Phil Gartside, with Gartside being a former shareholder of Wembley National Stadium Limited and Glenn trying to sell the big white elephant? And I would be very disappointed if you were trying to connect Sam & Craig Allardyce to any of Gartside, Glenn, Bernstein, Jerome Anderson, Peter Harrison, Venkys and Mark Curtis.
No Knut's these names are new to me bar Sam Allardyce and Venkys and I vaguely heard of Phil Gartside .

I have usually tended to follow world football from a general perspective eg who's the best player,team etc as opposed to the politics and business dealings behind it .

I note they were discussing something similar on BT sport recently eg who was the best champions league team ever. Some good debate there eg Rio Ferdinand,Joe Cole , Michael Owen and Martin Keown. The general consensus was Zidane was a dead certainty to be there and the defense was watertight  eg Sergio Ramos and Maldini with Casillas in goal. If you get the chance check it out. Fascinating debate I felt and you may or may not have seen it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
The Yard Dog
July 13, 2022, 7:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Rick12
Neilson had skills though as did Ronaldinho but he was a cut above. All relative. There is always going to be someone better. I remember a similar analogy from a top football player when he was comparing Paul Gascoigne to Diego Maradonna I think it was  . What was loosely said was both had skills yet Gazza was so below Maradonna he shouldn't be in the same sentence or words to that effect.

Gazza played with his feet, the other used his hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 8:06am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Gazza played with his feet, the other used his hand.
But Maradonna overall was a fair bit better than Gascoigne 🙂🕯️eg gifted .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
The Yard Dog
July 13, 2022, 9:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Rick12
But Maradonna overall was a fair bit better than Gascoigne 🙂🕯️eg gifted .

He may well have be gifted, but also a cheat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog

He may well have be gifted, but also a cheat.
Yes sad but true. Gary Lineker  alluded to this as well . Fantastic player but just wished he would of owned up to the hand of God as Maradona called it. He never did though. And as Lineker  said had he done this would of helped end a lot of bitterness many England and even world football fans had on the opinion on Diego.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
diehardmariner
July 13, 2022, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
I doubt anyone outside England gives a flying crap about Maradona's handball.  I'm not saying it was right or even remotely acceptable, but there's loads of instances of players cheating which is more or less completely removed from memory if it doesn't have an impact on your team/country.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
livosnose
July 13, 2022, 1:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,186
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from diehardmariner
I doubt anyone outside England gives a flying crap about Maradona's handball.  I'm not saying it was right or even remotely acceptable, but there's loads of instances of players cheating which is more or less completely removed from memory if it doesn't have an impact on your team/country.

Henry against the Irish for one

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
diehardmariner
July 13, 2022, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
That was the one I had in my mind actually!
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott Neilson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.