aldi_01
June 22, 2022, 6:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from grimps

Yeah but those extra 8000 fans will all buy drinks food and maybe club shirts ect , They’ll  rake in a lot more by having a full ground at discounted ticket prices

Agreed. Bradford have done this for a while now so nobody should be taken aback by it. I guess it also proves the theory that having more fans doesn’t mean better results, here they are, still languishing in league 2 with a famous manager that won’t see Christmas…

A long term study of numbers would be interesting to see just how ouch additional cash they make but lower prices, getting more in and then spend on refreshments etc…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
queenybantam07
June 23, 2022, 1:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Firstly, I’m amazed this has even made its own thread, given we’ve sold between 10,000-18,500 season tickets every season since this ticketing initiative launched 15 years ago.

It makes for quite interesting reading though, because it seems if we didn’t have Valley Parade’s capacity, we wouldn’t sell the amount of tickets we do. When in reality, this comes down to fanbase and great marketing alone. In addition, stadium capacity hasn’t been below 18,500 for 32 years.

I’ve seen a couple of posts regarding being back to square one come Christmas, and whilst this might be true, you need to take into consideration why we’re where we are in the first place; but as always, you need to consider the positives, too. If you’re applying the same principles, of which the narrative is zero success, you need to do your own research and take into account what has been achieved since 2007 - ‘cheap ticket launch’.

Anyhow, we’ll see you next season. You’re riding a wave through success and we’re riding ours through sheer loyalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
kyan_goodrich04
June 23, 2022, 3:44am

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -238
Gold Stars: 5
I'd like 13000 TO GO thank yoi

free the fife from here they chains!!!! rally the troops from the muck!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
kyan_goodrich04
June 23, 2022, 3:44am

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -238
Gold Stars: 5
I'd like 13000 TO GO thank yoi

free the fife from here they chains!!!! rally the troops from the muck!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford sell 14000 season tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.