3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
June 21, 2022, 12:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -923
Gold Stars: 136
Yes there is plenty of new blood coming through , last season my lad went with 4 other season ticket holders this year it’s 12 all of them 15 year old and most it’s their first season ticket. The pricing of £75 is an amazing value for money ticket for teenagers.

I just think you have to take a pragmatic view over a medium term to see if building a new stadium is viable.

I would be happy to look at maximising the potential of blundell park’s capacity then looking at average home crowds over next 3-5 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
immariner
June 21, 2022, 1:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
It has to be mentioned that they were in the Premier League for 2 seasons. Those young uns hooked back then will be taking their own crotch gremlins now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
diehardmariner
June 21, 2022, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Definitely.

So of those young ones we've got hooked in the last 12 months or so, how long before they bring along their own kids?  

I get the affinity to Blundell Park, I really do.  I'm also really eager to see what they can do with it to redevelop it and I believe that we've got the best people in the building to lead on that. But I'm incredibly sceptical that it can be redeveloped to the point of really unleashing the potential for this football club.

It's a tough one but I would imagine the long term vision goes a bit like absolutely wringing out every possible development of Blundell Park imaginable.  To the point where it simply isn't possible to add any extra seats and we can't increase the capacity anymore, hopefully this comes at a point where we're consistently seeing demand outstrip capacity.  Concurrently a new stadium is being built that will allow capacity to meet demand and some more room for growth.  

The trick is going to be timing.  
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 21, 2022, 4:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,025
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
Definitely.

So of those young ones we've got hooked in the last 12 months or so, how long before they bring along their own kids?  

I get the affinity to Blundell Park, I really do.  I'm also really eager to see what they can do with it to redevelop it and I believe that we've got the best people in the building to lead on that. But I'm incredibly sceptical that it can be redeveloped to the point of really unleashing the potential for this football club.

It's a tough one but I would imagine the long term vision goes a bit like absolutely wringing out every possible development of Blundell Park imaginable.  To the point where it simply isn't possible to add any extra seats and we can't increase the capacity anymore, hopefully this comes at a point where we're consistently seeing demand outstrip capacity.  Concurrently a new stadium is being built that will allow capacity to meet demand and some more room for growth.  

The trick is going to be timing.  

I remember being at school and a stat said that Grimsby/cleethorpes had the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.

So that could be the massive spike in sales and they’re bringing them this season

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
lukeo
June 21, 2022, 5:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
3925 the latest!!

75 to go until we hit the big 4k!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
golfer
June 21, 2022, 6:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I remember being at school and a stat said that Grimsby/cleethorpes had the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.

So that could be the massive spike in sales and they’re bringing them this season

A lot of them can;t go with their dads for obvious reasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Yossarian
June 21, 2022, 10:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,097
Gold Stars: 19
Given the noise around the Prem League, I think it is incredible that that are teams in the lower leagues that have really re-thought how they get fans in through the gates.   Bradford have a decent stadium, big crowds so much be exciting as a kid to walk through the gates for the first time.  If you get them in early you have fans for life.  I still remember walking into Blundell Park as an 8 year old and how exciting it was.  If Bradford (and others) are pricing tickets at such reasonable levels then good luck  - investing in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Poojah
June 21, 2022, 10:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,886
Gold Stars: 1,527
Just for some perspective, it's worth noting that Bradford's season ticket prices average out at about 55% of Town's, so in effect 14,000 Bradford tickets equate to a cash value equivalent of about 7,700 Town. Naturally, they wouldn't sell as many without the heavily discounted prices that their large capacity allows.

We should be around 70% of that figure by the time we're done (based on current figures), which isn't bad for an area 30% the size of Bradford.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
aldi_01
June 22, 2022, 6:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It works in so much it fills the ground, ish but with the significant discounts, financially it doesn’t see them rake in thousands more.

That said, still cracking numbers and shows that there’s life outside the top flight, not that the media would recognise.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
grimps
June 22, 2022, 6:37am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from aldi_01
It works in so much it fills the ground, ish but with the significant discounts, financially it doesn’t see them rake in thousands more.

That said, still cracking numbers and shows that there’s life outside the top flight, not that the media would recognise.

Yeah but those extra 8000 fans will all buy drinks food and maybe club shirts ect , They’ll  rake in a lot more by having a full ground at discounted ticket prices
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford sell 14000 season tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.