6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TonySmith
May 24, 2022, 10:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
Looking at those career stats, you'd have to think Hurst and Doig have been working with him and it's paying off. Hurst's comments suggest to me that he thinks there might be a real goal poacher in there somewhere if he can just adjust his game slightly. He certainly has the physical attributes to succeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
toontown
May 24, 2022, 11:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
It has to be said that Abrahams and mani have both come in and done the all important job of changing matches or scoring goals for us at times. Can't fault them. Surely both nailed a place on the bench at the very least. With Pearson a shoe in and at least one winger, probably jmd on there it looks like being between raikhy and Coke for the last spot.

Also hoolohan has done what he was brought in for which ws to offer more of a goal threat from midfield than we had before, that's his third isn't it? We almost certainly don't go thru if the owners hadn't been willing to make that deal happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
aldi_01
May 24, 2022, 11:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Mani could prove to be a valuable acquisition; he’s chipped in with some key goals and the lad has improved game on game. He’s clearly bought in to the Hurst mindset and he was excellent when he came in last night.

I’d suspect this could be his level which, should we go up, be the issue for him. I think he’s worth having around and for that post match interview alone he’s worked his way in to town folklore…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
RonMariner
May 25, 2022, 11:09am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Podge didn't have the greatest goal per game stats when he arrived, and went on to score hat fulls.

I would certainly try and keep him and Abrahams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 25, 2022, 1:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from RonMariner
Podge didn't have the greatest goal per game stats when he arrived, and went on to score hat fulls.

I would certainly try and keep him and Abrahams.

So who goes out the door to make way for them? Does anyone? I certainly wouldn't want Taylor to go (but I do accept he hasn't scored that many) and McAtee doesn't need discussion.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
acko338
May 25, 2022, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
A full pre season for both players currently on loan would bring them more into the Hurst mould.

There's a player in both that perhaps just needs fine tuning !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
jamesgtfc
May 25, 2022, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
We started pre-season with McAtee, LJL and Taylor. I would be very happy if we started from a base of McAtee, Taylor and Dieseruvwe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
monkeyboy
May 25, 2022, 2:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Can i be contriversial and say Mani has been holding the ball up and passing more productivily that nTaylor, he does deserve a contract as he others things that are hard to come by.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
Mayaman
May 25, 2022, 3:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from monkeyboy
Can i be contriversial and say Mani has been holding the ball up and passing more productivily that nTaylor, he does deserve a contract as he others things that are hard to come by.

I totally agree.  I thought he should have started against Notts C.  Much is said about Taylor's link up play with McAtee.  If John isn't playing well or he's carrying a knock we need someone who can get in and score.  Taylor's hold up play is valuable but not if we are behind and there is no end product.  Should defo sign Mani
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
RonMariner
May 25, 2022, 3:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230

So who goes out the door to make way for them? Does anyone? I certainly wouldn't want Taylor to go (but I do accept he hasn't scored that many) and McAtee doesn't need discussion.

I would imagine LJL will not be offered a contract but we don't need to put anyone out of the door to make way for them. We need several strikers on the books don't we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mani

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.